ADVERTISEMENT

guess where Edmond Ruth is transferring

Interesting. They have two ranked wrestlers at 152 and 160 who are returning.

I think Edmond is growing and will easily be 160 by next year. would not be surprised at all if he is even bigger.

Reactions: diggerpup
Opens up 152 and 160 just a bit, for the field for next years' state's in AA, however. I know two kids who are happy about this, from right down the road about 20-30 miles from State College in Clearfield county!

Hint: we've seen the last of him at Hershey.

Yes Sir...Same blue print as his brother and same time...Love it !!!! Think he will fit in PERFECT at 174 after Hall graduates !!!! Did anyone else notice Cael and his Dad sitting together talking down at states ? Bet Cael was in favor of him going to Blair as well...

Last edited:
Yes Sir...Same blue print as his brother and same time...Love it !!!! Think he will fit in PERFECT at 174 after Hall graduates !!!! Did anyone else notice Cael and his Dad sitting together talking down at states ? Bet Cael was in favor of him going to Blair as well...
Something tells me Cael just says whatever you think is best for your kids, Mr. Ruth and moves on.

I think the Ruths have a very good relationship with Cael and PSU. They were in the PSWC section at Nationals in 2016 and to hear Mr. Ruth sitting with Cael at Hershey doesn't dissuade me from my belief. I wouldn't be surprised at all to see Edmond wearing blue and white in a few years.

Sure, that way when Blair makes their annual trip to the Geary tourney, he can spend some quality time with John and Eric in OSU room the day before :)

Reactions: lionlover
Well... according to what Mr Martin eludes to on the tOSU board, he wont be a Nitt.

Well... according to what Mr Martin eludes to on the tOSU board, he wont be a Nitt.
Mr. Martin in action:

poisoning-the-well.gif

I am doubtful my self.. as mentioned.. I hope I am wrong..^^

I'm with HOCKEYGOD on this. Not convinced Ruth will be at PSU. Plus I don't count on any recruit until they are a senior in HS that has signed their LOI. In recent years we have seen a lot of kids that verballed early who have flipped. See Teasdale, Beard, Haines, Marstellar, and that is just off the top of my head and only those that PSU is/was involved with.

Edmund is doing it a year earlier. Ed was only at Blair for his senior year.

I think the Ruths have a very good relationship with Cael and PSU. They were in the PSWC section at Nationals in 2016 and to hear Mr. Ruth sitting with Cael at Hershey doesn't dissuade me from my belief. I wouldn't be surprised at all to see Edmond wearing blue and white in a few years.

You mean to tell me Mr. Martin's account of the supposed discussions with his "close friends" might be, shall we say, somewhat biased and wholly uninformed?

Reactions: NittanyLion84
Consider me curious about Edmond's progression at Blair, I'm not convinced he's quite the level of prospect that Ed was.

Consider me curious about Edmond's progression at Blair, I'm not convinced he's quite the level of prospect that Ed was.

Was Ed even considered a blue chip prospect? Right now his brother is a better prospect than he was. Sure, using hindsight we can say we don't think Edmond is a 3X NCAA champ, but when Ed was a sophomore in high school he was definitely not as successful as his brother. Ed never even won a PIAA championship in his three years in PA.

So far Edmond is a better prospect than high school sophomore Ed Ruth.

Reactions: PSUoh90
Was Ed even considered a blue chip prospect? Right now his brother is a better prospect than he was. Sure, using hindsight we can say we don't think Edmond is a 3X NCAA champ, but when Ed was a sophomore in high school he was definitely not as successful as his brother. Ed never even won a PIAA championship in his three years in PA.

Yes. Ed was #1 nationally at his weight his SR year, despite getting pinned in round 1 of Beast of the East.

Edmond did not have Quentin Wright in his bracket at states.

Also, we should not confuse credentials with projections. Otherwise how does any 4x PA champ not win an NCAA title?

Last edited:
Reactions: CSauertiegPSU

I disagree, as a soph Ed took 5th in AAA in a bracket that was deeper than the AA bracket Edmond faced as a sophomore. Ed defeated returning runnerup Thad Frick in the quarters, before bowing to Quentin Wright, 7-4 in the semifinals. Edmond had Brock Biddle and Kaidon Winters as quarter and semifinal opponents this year.

Reactions: Lyons212

He wasn't a state champ in AAA because he couldn't beat some kid named Quentin Wright.

Reactions: NittanyLion84
He wasn't a state champ in AAA because he couldn't beat some kid named Quentin Wright.

I understand that, but I think if you compare sophomore Edmond to sophomore Ed, they are at least equal prospects at that point in their development. The reality is that Ed far surpassed what I think anyone thought his ceiling was in college.

I'm not trying to take anything away from Ed, but Edmond really surprised me this year. He's a heck of a prospect, but unfortunately I don't think he ends up at PSU (or tOSU) for that matter. Pay attention to Cornell.

I understand that, but I think if you compare sophomore Edmond to sophomore Ed, they are at least equal prospects at that point in their development. The reality is that Ed far surpassed what I think anyone thought his ceiling was in college.

I'm not trying to take anything away from Ed, but Edmond really surprised me this year. He's a heck of a prospect, but unfortunately I don't think he ends up at PSU (or tOSU) for that matter. Pay attention to Cornell.
I knew Ed was good and I was happy he chose Penn State. But no. I had no idea and neither did anybody else. How could they? Sunderland recruited Ed and Sunderland did not develop 3 time national champs. Hell, until Ed Ruth neither did Cael.

Edmund looks like a pretty good wrestler, but not any better (or worse) than his older brother at a similar point in life.

I have no idea if Edmund chooses PSU or not, or if he does if he duplicates his brother. Brother sets like the Sanderson brothers, the Smith brothers or the Perry brothers are the exception to the rule.

I hope he does come to Penn State and I hope he does well and he graduates.

Neither of them could surpass Spyker's perceived ceiling.

Disagree. Accolades don't tell the story. Ed was always an elite athlete even if the results didn't show it. Edmond doesn't appear to have quite that level of quickness or athleticism.

Edmond has been proclaimed as a 4X NCAA champ on this very board, by an individual that has been "involved" with the PSU wrestling program for over 25 years. You can't just dismiss that away. :rolleyes::confused:

Edmond has been proclaimed as a 4X NCAA champ on this very board, by an individual that has been "involved" with the PSU wrestling program for over 25 years. You can't just dismiss that away. :rolleyes::confused:
Plus, that might be what Cael emailed him.

ADVERTISEMENT