Guess the least innovative states - it isn't all that hard, think red

2lion70

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2004
(NEXSTAR) – When it comes to innovation, not all states are equal, according to a new study ranking all 50 U.S. states and the District of Columbia.

WalletHub weighed two major factors – human capital and innovation environment – in their comparison.

Human capital is comprised of STEM professionals, science & engineering graduates, projected STEM-job demand by 2028, among other educational measures, while the innovation environment includes the number of tech companies, patents per capita, average internet speed, number of startups and net migration, among other elements.

“According to the results of the ranking, knowledge and technology outputs are America's particular strengths,” the study’s authors said in their report. “Some of the biggest innovations the U.S. has produced recently are the COVID-19 vaccines.”

Kylie Jenner, Travis Scott changing son's name because it ‘didn't feel like it was him'
Washington D.C. took the top spot, followed by Massachusetts, Washington, Maryland, Colorado, Virginia, California, Delaware, New Hampshire and Utah, rounding out the top ten.

Source: WalletHub
The bottom ten states in the study were, in order, Oklahoma, Kentucky, Iowa, South Dakota, Nebraska, Arkansas, West Virginia, North Dakota, Louisiana, and, in last place, Mississippi.

When it comes to inviting innovation, there are things states can do to move up the rankings, experts say.

“State policymakers can encourage innovation by creating a lifelong learning society committed to developing supportive working relationships,” Haleh Karimi, assistant professor management at Bellarmine University told WalletHub. “Innovation happens through engagement, teamwork, and collaboration. Furthermore, having a tax incentive program would also help encourage an innovative society.”

In the coming years, Karimi says she thinks the best skills to have will be a combination of in-demand technical skills and soft skills such as creativity, teamwork, leadership, human connection and more.

Copyright 2022 Nexstar Media Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
For the latest news, weather, sports, and streaming video, head to WNCT.

• Haha
Reactions: psuted and Hotshoe

NJPSU

May 29, 2001
Gee the top states all Blue and bottom states all Red.

Anyone surprised?

Reactions: RoyalT12

Sullivan

Nov 24, 2001
(NEXSTAR) – When it comes to innovation, not all states are equal, according to a new study ranking all 50 U.S. states and the District of Columbia.

WalletHub weighed two major factors – human capital and innovation environment – in their comparison.

Human capital is comprised of STEM professionals, science & engineering graduates, projected STEM-job demand by 2028, among other educational measures, while the innovation environment includes the number of tech companies, patents per capita, average internet speed, number of startups and net migration, among other elements.

“According to the results of the ranking, knowledge and technology outputs are America's particular strengths,” the study’s authors said in their report. “Some of the biggest innovations the U.S. has produced recently are the COVID-19 vaccines.”

Kylie Jenner, Travis Scott changing son's name because it ‘didn't feel like it was him'
Washington D.C. took the top spot, followed by Massachusetts, Washington, Maryland, Colorado, Virginia, California, Delaware, New Hampshire and Utah, rounding out the top ten.

Source: WalletHub
The bottom ten states in the study were, in order, Oklahoma, Kentucky, Iowa, South Dakota, Nebraska, Arkansas, West Virginia, North Dakota, Louisiana, and, in last place, Mississippi.

When it comes to inviting innovation, there are things states can do to move up the rankings, experts say.

“State policymakers can encourage innovation by creating a lifelong learning society committed to developing supportive working relationships,” Haleh Karimi, assistant professor management at Bellarmine University told WalletHub. “Innovation happens through engagement, teamwork, and collaboration. Furthermore, having a tax incentive program would also help encourage an innovative society.”

In the coming years, Karimi says she thinks the best skills to have will be a combination of in-demand technical skills and soft skills such as creativity, teamwork, leadership, human connection and more.

Copyright 2022 Nexstar Media Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
For the latest news, weather, sports, and streaming video, head to WNCT.

Moral of the story, if you look hard enough, you can find a survey that you agree with.

Hotshoe

Gold Member
Feb 15, 2012
The bottom line is this. It's but an opinion. DC? I'd rather be dead than live there or any city. But hey, someone posted something so it must be true. Just call us all rednecks so you can feel better. Y'all don't even realize how dumb you are trying to own a position based in absolute bullsh&t.

Reactions: psuted and Sullivan

Hotshoe

Gold Member
Feb 15, 2012
Yes, I'm still waiting for @PaoliLion to respond. He cannot provide facts to back up his lies. From where I'm from to Lincoln. He is a lying fraud.

Reactions: BicyclePete

KnightWhoSaysNit

Jul 19, 2010

Who would have thought? If only I had this information 40 years ago.

I could have picked a better state too.

Should have worked for the government in the District of Columbia. That's the bottom line.

PSUEngineer89

Aug 14, 2021
Who would have thought? If only I had this information 40 years ago.

I could have picked a better state too.

Should have worked for the government in the District of Columbia. That's the bottom line.
No question.

No talent required.

Everything is always easy.

Paycheck is always there.

No real work required.

KnightWhoSaysNit

Jul 19, 2010
Some of the largest companies in the world were started in California - Apple, Facebook, Google, Tesla.

Why were these companies started in California and not Alabama?

Because they can pay enough for people to afford living in a nice climate with beauty. The nearby national parks and the coastline are among the finest in the world.

This attracts educated people of means. It's not complicated.

Unfortunately, states like California are ruining what once attracted our best. We are seeing Silicon Valley relocate to the Austin Texas area. Even Schwab has moved from San Francisco to Dallas.

California must be really bad now. I lived there in the 1990s when it was attractive. It's hard to believe that central Texas could become more attractive than the West Coast. That says a lot about the West Coast.

Wait until those people in Texas tire of the over-crowding, the water restrictions, the illegals, crime, drugs, and so on. Tech will be looking for a new home once again.

I'm predicting Hawaii. Manufacturing will move to Oahu. The office people will like the west coast of the Big Island. A lot to see and do, and spectacular water. Easier access to China too.

rumble_lion

Aug 7, 2011
Because they can pay enough for people to afford living in a nice climate with beauty. The nearby national parks and the coastline are among the finest in the world.

Unfortunately, states like California are ruining what once attracted our best. We are seeing Silicon Valley relocate to the Austin Texas area. Even Schwab has moved from San Francisco to Dallas.

California must be really bad now. I lived there in the 1990s when it was attractive. It's hard to believe that central Texas could become more attractive than the West Coast. That says a lot about the West Coast.

Wait until those people in Texas tire of the over-crowding, the water restrictions, the illegals, crime, drugs, and so on. Tech will be looking for a new home once again.

I'm predicting Hawaii. Manufacturing will move to Oahu. The office people will like the west coast of the Big Island. A lot to see and do, and spectacular water. Easier access to China too.

Ahh, so educated people from Alabama are moving to California to start up these companies? I thought people were moving out of California? Hmmm.

I think California invests a lot of money in education at both the k-12 and university level. And all these huge tech startups in California is just the rewards of what these schools and universities can churn out.

Reactions: NJPSU

crazyivan77

Dec 7, 2007
Well, 17 of the top 20 states for job recovery are red as of the end of 2021.

FDs-PRwWYAkVZH2

ao5884

Oct 1, 2019

Ahh, so educated people from Alabama are moving to California to start up these companies? I thought people were moving out of California? Hmmm.

I think California invests a lot of money in education at both the k-12 and university level. And all these huge tech startups in California is just the rewards of what these schools and universities can churn out.
then why cant they keep up with the rest of us in unemployment rate?

ao5884

Oct 1, 2019

ao5884

Oct 1, 2019

Yup that focus on education is paying real dividends for The Literacy rate.....maybe they should focus more on reading and writing and less on Social constructs...just sayin

dailybuck777

Jan 2, 2018
Some of the largest companies in the world were started in California - Apple, Facebook, Google, Tesla.

Why were these companies started in California and not Alabama?
Companies were started in California because the white supremacist, William Shockley wanted to be close to his mother. His company gave rise to Fairchild Semiconductor, which was the progenitor of a huge number of computer companies. Pure chance that these companies have a connection to California.

Reactions: bourbon n blues

rumble_lion

Aug 7, 2011
Well California has a port which imports goods from China and Japan.

Should be pretty obvious

Although Facebook wasn't started in California.

LdN

So high tech startups are generated via imported Chinese and Japanese goods? That doesn't make sense at all.

horace19040

Aug 12, 2021
The funny thing is Dems want to expand the failed welfare model from red states and they complain about the successful capitalism model used in silicon valley and wall street.

Reactions: bourbon n blues

horace19040

Aug 12, 2021
Proof that capitalism works.

Afronomics is a failure. Any tech companies started by blacks? What is the last vaccine developed by blacks? Blacks contributed more to science , education and healthcare from 1820-1920 than 1920-2020. Blacks have regressed.

rumble_lion

Aug 7, 2011
Proof that capitalism works.

Afronomics is a failure. Any tech companies started by blacks? What is the last vaccine developed by blacks? Blacks contributed more to science , education and healthcare from 1820-1920 than 1920-2020. Blacks have regressed.

I'm under the impression that no ones sheets are safe around you?

NJPSU

May 29, 2001

Isn’t the Austin Texas area liberal too?

Reactions: rumble_lion

rumble_lion

Aug 7, 2011
Isn’t the Austin Texas area liberal too?

Yes, very much so.

Travis County, TX is Very liberal. In Travis County, TX 71.4% of the people voted Democrat in the last presidential election, 26.4% voted for the Republican Party, and the remaining 2.2% voted Independent.​
Census takeaways: 'Boomtown' Austin exploded into the fastest-growing large metro in 2020. The Austin metro swelled by almost a third and added over half a million residents to become the nation's fastest-growing large metro in the United States from 2010-2020.​

northwoods

Jun 25, 2001
Or .. just deny the truth when you can’t handle it.
As in a "rigged" election that every judicial investigation (I believe there have been 64 independent ones among Arizona, Georgia, Michigan and Pennsylvania) ) has agreed was not rigged, but politically the big lie lives on.

Last edited:
Reactions: rumble_lion