Guess the least innovative states - it isn't all that hard, think red

JeffClear

Oct 15, 2017
Proof that capitalism works.

Afronomics is a failure. Any tech companies started by blacks? What is the last vaccine developed by blacks? Blacks contributed more to science , education and healthcare from 1820-1920 than 1920-2020. Blacks have regressed.
This is a bunch of racist horse sh-t.
You are another one of those idiots who think blacks were better when they were slaves or living under Jim Crowe.
It is shocking that a person in this day and age would actually believe blacks contributed more to society as slaves or under Jim Crowe than they do now.
How many black physicians and CEOs of large corporations were there between 1820 and 1920?
How about Trump's buddy Ben Carson, do you think he would have been a prominent surgeon if he was born in 1821 instead of 1951.
You are almost too stupid to live.
And here is an article on modern African American inventors, maybe you can learn something. I doubt it though.

Reactions: rumble_lion

horace19040

Aug 12, 2021
This is a bunch of racist horse sh-t.
You are another one of those idiots who think blacks were better when they were slaves or living under Jim Crowe.
It is shocking that a person in this day and age would actually believe blacks contributed more to society as slaves or under Jim Crowe than they do now.
How many black physicians and CEOs of large corporations were there between 1820 and 1920?
How about Trump's buddy Ben Carson, do you think he would have been a prominent surgeon if he was born in 1821 instead of 1951.
You are almost too stupid to live.
And here is an article on modern African American inventors, maybe you can learn something. I doubt it though.

Frederick Douglass was better educated than many blacks today.

George Washington Carver contributed more to science than today's blacks.

Which tech companies were started by blacks?

Put down the round ball and pick up a book. "No what im sayin?"

rumble_lion

Aug 7, 2011

Put down the white sheet and scissors.

horace19040

Aug 12, 2021
Put down the white sheet and scissors.

I am keeping it real. I want blacks to start the next apple or Microsoft while you want them working at McDonald's for higher minimum. Dems are racist.

What tech companies were started by blacks? Bring something to the table better than Afrinanny.

rumble_lion

Aug 7, 2011
I am keeping it real. I want blacks to start the next apple or Microsoft while you want them working at McDonald's for higher minimum. Dems are racist.

What tech companies were started by blacks? Bring something to the table better than Afrinanny.

I am keeping it real. I want blacks to start the next apple or Microsoft while you want them working at McDonald's for higher minimum.

Uh huh.

rumble_lion

Aug 7, 2011

I am keeping it real. I want blacks to start the next apple or Microsoft while you want them working at McDonald's for higher minimum.

Uh huh.

ao5884

Oct 1, 2019

It isn't your point that black people have regressed its your reasoning is out of wack. It has nothing to do with skin color. There are a plethora of reasons. The most influential in my opinion is the dismantled family unit. We know that crime rates for example are Hugh in black communities. We also know that young black males are responsible for the lions share of that variance. Absent fathers have a big role here because no one is teaching those young black males how to be men. Also it is wise to not use outliers when measuring regression For example Frederick Douglass. He is arguably the most intelligent person in US history...in his time....he is up there with Abraham Lincoln and Robert E Lee in terms of intelligence. He is not a good starting point to measure regression because he is light years beyond the mean of the overall population. That'sike saying NFL quarterbacks have regressed because the Pat's went from Brady to Mac Jones.

JeffClear

Oct 15, 2017

Complete BS. Yes Douglas and Carver we’re brilliant men but that doesn’t prove that blacks have regressed.
Neil deGrass Tyson is one of the top astrophysicists in the world. Blacks are now in the top ranks of government, business and industry and science.
In the period of 1820-1920 you claim blacks were better off, blacks were largely relegated to slavery or menial labor.
As for tech companies, what tech company did George Washington Carved start?
He was a college professor/researcher.
One of the things about starting tech companies is it takes money and we’ll connected people like Wozniak and Gates.
As for tech companies owned by blacks
And you need to get off your high horse and not be so condescending towards the achievements of African Americans of the present day.

PSUEngineer89

Aug 14, 2021
Complete BS. Yes Douglas and Carver we’re brilliant men but that doesn’t prove that blacks have regressed.
Neil deGrass Tyson is one of the top astrophysicists in the world. Blacks are now in the top ranks of government, business and industry and science.
In the period of 1820-1920 you claim blacks were better off, blacks were largely relegated to slavery or menial labor.
One of the things about starting tech companies is it takes money and we’ll connected people like Wozniak and Gates.
And you need to get off your high horse and not be so condescending towards the achievements of African Americans of the present day.

Neil Tyson whatever. He isn't even remotely close to being a top astrophysicist.

Essentially, he flunked out Texas A&M. If he released his SAT scores, I'll gladly look at them and then retract what I am saying.

From Wiki:

Tyson chose to attend Harvard where he majored in physics and lived in Currier House. He was a member of the crew team during his freshman year, but returned to wrestling, lettering in his senior year. He was also active in dance, in styles including jazz, ballet, Afro-Caribbean, and Latin Ballroom.[18]

Tyson hosting the 40th anniversary celebration of Apollo 11 at the National Air and Space Museum in Washington, July 2009
Tyson earned a BA degree in physics at Harvard College in 1980 and then began his graduate work at the University of Texas at Austin,[19] from which he received an MA degree in astronomy in 1983. By his own account, he did not spend as much time in the research lab as he should have. His professors encouraged him to consider alternative careers and the committee for his doctoral dissertation was dissolved, ending his pursuit of a doctorate from the University of Texas.[20]

Tyson was a lecturer in astronomy at the University of Maryland from 1986 to 1987[21] and in 1988, he was accepted into the astronomy graduate program at Columbia University, where he earned an MPhil degree in astrophysics in 1989, and a PhD degree in astrophysics in 1991[22] under the supervision of Professor R. Michael Rich. Rich obtained funding to support Tyson's doctoral research from NASA and the ARCS foundation[23] enabling Tyson to attend international meetings in Italy, Switzerland, Chile, and South Africa[21] and to hire students to help him with data reduction.[24] In the course of his thesis work, he observed using the 0.91 m telescope at the Cerro Tololo Inter-American Observatory in Chile, where he obtained images for the Calán/Tololo Supernova Survey[25][26][27] helping to further their work in establishing Type Ia supernovae as standard candles.

During his thesis research at Columbia University, Tyson became acquainted with Professor David Spergel at Princeton University, who visited Columbia University in the course of collaborating with his thesis advisor on the Galactic bulge[28][29][30] typically found in spiral galaxies.

JeffClear

Oct 15, 2017
Neil Tyson whatever. He isn't even remotely close to being a top astrophysicist.

Essentially, he flunked out Texas A&M. If he released his SAT scores, I'll gladly look at them and then retract what I am saying.

From Wiki:

Tyson chose to attend Harvard where he majored in physics and lived in Currier House. He was a member of the crew team during his freshman year, but returned to wrestling, lettering in his senior year. He was also active in dance, in styles including jazz, ballet, Afro-Caribbean, and Latin Ballroom.[18]

Tyson hosting the 40th anniversary celebration of Apollo 11 at the National Air and Space Museum in Washington, July 2009
Tyson earned a BA degree in physics at Harvard College in 1980 and then began his graduate work at the University of Texas at Austin,[19] from which he received an MA degree in astronomy in 1983. By his own account, he did not spend as much time in the research lab as he should have. His professors encouraged him to consider alternative careers and the committee for his doctoral dissertation was dissolved, ending his pursuit of a doctorate from the University of Texas.[20]

Tyson was a lecturer in astronomy at the University of Maryland from 1986 to 1987[21] and in 1988, he was accepted into the astronomy graduate program at Columbia University, where he earned an MPhil degree in astrophysics in 1989, and a PhD degree in astrophysics in 1991[22] under the supervision of Professor R. Michael Rich. Rich obtained funding to support Tyson's doctoral research from NASA and the ARCS foundation[23] enabling Tyson to attend international meetings in Italy, Switzerland, Chile, and South Africa[21] and to hire students to help him with data reduction.[24] In the course of his thesis work, he observed using the 0.91 m telescope at the Cerro Tololo Inter-American Observatory in Chile, where he obtained images for the Calán/Tololo Supernova Survey[25][26][27] helping to further their work in establishing Type Ia supernovae as standard candles.

During his thesis research at Columbia University, Tyson became acquainted with Professor David Spergel at Princeton University, who visited Columbia University in the course of collaborating with his thesis advisor on the Galactic bulge[28][29][30] typically found in spiral galaxies.
One’s SAT score does not make one a good astrophysicist.
And Tyson is one of the top astrophysicists.
Tyson is no Thorne, Penrose or Hawking, he is more of a Carl Segan type.

Obliviax

Gold Member
Aug 21, 2001
(NEXSTAR) – When it comes to innovation, not all states are equal, according to a new study ranking all 50 U.S. states and the District of Columbia.

WalletHub weighed two major factors – human capital and innovation environment – in their comparison.

Human capital is comprised of STEM professionals, science & engineering graduates, projected STEM-job demand by 2028, among other educational measures, while the innovation environment includes the number of tech companies, patents per capita, average internet speed, number of startups and net migration, among other elements.

“According to the results of the ranking, knowledge and technology outputs are America's particular strengths,” the study’s authors said in their report. “Some of the biggest innovations the U.S. has produced recently are the COVID-19 vaccines.”

Kylie Jenner, Travis Scott changing son's name because it ‘didn't feel like it was him'
Washington D.C. took the top spot, followed by Massachusetts, Washington, Maryland, Colorado, Virginia, California, Delaware, New Hampshire and Utah, rounding out the top ten.

Source: WalletHub
The bottom ten states in the study were, in order, Oklahoma, Kentucky, Iowa, South Dakota, Nebraska, Arkansas, West Virginia, North Dakota, Louisiana, and, in last place, Mississippi.

When it comes to inviting innovation, there are things states can do to move up the rankings, experts say.

“State policymakers can encourage innovation by creating a lifelong learning society committed to developing supportive working relationships,” Haleh Karimi, assistant professor management at Bellarmine University told WalletHub. “Innovation happens through engagement, teamwork, and collaboration. Furthermore, having a tax incentive program would also help encourage an innovative society.”

In the coming years, Karimi says she thinks the best skills to have will be a combination of in-demand technical skills and soft skills such as creativity, teamwork, leadership, human connection and more.

Copyright 2022 Nexstar Media Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
For the latest news, weather, sports, and streaming video, head to WNCT.
Seems totally legit ^^^

LOL

Reactions: LionDeNittany

bourbon n blues

Nov 20, 2019
As in a "rigged" election that every judicial investigation (I believe there have been 64 among Arizona, Georgia, Michigan and Pennsylvania) ) has agreed was not rigged, but politically the big lie lives on.
There were never any judicial investigations, most cases were dismissed due to standing. Judges don't investigate, investigators present evidence then judges rule on first standing then on the evidence if they say there's standing.
There's plenty evidence of fraud , the big lie is there isn't .

NJPSU

May 29, 2001
There were never any judicial investigations, most cases were dismissed due to standing. Judges don't investigate, investigators present evidence then judges rule on first standing then on the evidence if they say there's standing.
Good lord man.

Do you know how much money and power there is behind the right wing political and media machine and yet here we are a year and a half after the election there’s still absolutely nothing that shows there was any large scale voter fraud that could have changed the result of the election.

You don’t think the right wing machine hasn’t been looking all this time? The fringe nutjobs like Project Veritas would be immortal right wing hero’s if they could show any of Trump’s Big Lie was true yet there’s nothing.

Trump just flat out lost. He wasn’t very popular and people were tired of his look at me act 24/7. It was exhausting to the nation.

His narcissism would never allow himself to admit that to his cult that he lost so he pushed the Big Lie. He had that strategy worked out months before the election. He told you ahead of time if he lost he would say he was cheated and yet you still believe him.

Reactions: northwoods

JeffClear

Oct 15, 2017
SAT is simply IQ.

Without IQ, you cannot be a good physicist.

It is that simple.
No but you said you would consider your assessment of his if you could see his IQ.
That doesn't make any sense.
We don't know Newton's SAT scores, does that make him a substandard scientist?
Or a guy who aces the SAT but becomes a drug addict and does nothing with his career, does that make him a great scientist?
My point is his work stands on its own merits, not his SAT scores.
Tyson was a solid researcher and he did a good job as director of the Hayden planetarium.
And like Sagan, he is a good lecturer and tv science guy.
Perhaps it would be more accurate to say he is one of the top astronomy educators
I don't follow him that much, he can be a bit full of himself at times.
I thought it was pretty funny how the Big Bang Theory ripped on him on the show, which shows that he does have a sense of humor about it.

JeffClear

Oct 15, 2017
Trump's own AG said they investigated it and found Trump's claims to be bull-sht and that is an exact quote.

PSUEngineer89

Aug 14, 2021
No but you said you would consider your assessment of his if you could see his IQ.
That doesn't make any sense.
We don't know Newton's SAT scores, does that make him a substandard scientist?
Or a guy who aces the SAT but becomes a drug addict and does nothing with his career, does that make him a great scientist?
My point is his work stands on its own merits, not his SAT scores.
Tyson was a solid researcher and he did a good job as director of the Hayden planetarium.
And like Sagan, he is a good lecturer and tv science guy.
Perhaps it would be more accurate to say he is one of the top astronomy educators
I don't follow him that much, he can be a bit full of himself at times.
I thought it was pretty funny how the Big Bang Theory ripped on him on the show, which shows that he does have a sense of humor about it.

A man with such limited capabilities as NDT cannot be a good educator. I bet his IQ is not 125.

Can a bunch of wokeists put him on a TV show and fool guys like you? Absolutely.

Do I think he could even derive the equations for a 1-D atmospheric model? Absolutely not.

We are so pathetic as a nation.

Dr. Neil deGrasse Tyson is the first to admit that he didn’t get the best grades or SAT scores, but he doesn’t let that stop him as an internationally renowned astrophysicist – and he doesn’t want it to stop the new University of Massachusetts graduates.

ao5884

Oct 1, 2019
Depends on the factor on the question of regression. If we are going to say Blacks hav regressed in terms of income, economic footprint etc...Then absolutely not...Both are climbing and have been for quite some time. If we are talking cohesive family units and responsible fathers then there is clear reggression. That being said Douglas should not be used a a measuring point. He is an outlier in terms of intellectual prowess regardless of the race. The guy was a genius. Outside of Abraham Lincoln i cant think of any historical figure that would surpass Douglas in terms of intelligence and even that is a huge maybe. No one today even gets to the same zip code as Douglas.

JeffClear

Oct 15, 2017
A man with such limited capabilities as NDT cannot be a good educator. I bet his IQ is not 125.

Can a bunch of wokeists put him on a TV show and fool guys like you? Absolutely.

Do I think he could even derive the equations for a 1-D atmospheric model? Absolutely not.

We are so pathetic as a nation.

Dr. Neil deGrasse Tyson is the first to admit that he didn’t get the best grades or SAT scores, but he doesn’t let that stop him as an internationally renowned astrophysicist – and he doesn’t want it to stop the new University of Massachusetts graduates.
Here is Tyson's CV
He is certainly a solid scientist and he was a popular lecturer. Sagan thought so and tried to recruit him to Columbia.
But we are getting way off topic.
The fact remains there are a lot of blacks who are top scientists.
If you don't like Tyson, fine, how about Bluford out of PSU or Shirley Ann Jackson out of MIT.
Here are more you can choose from

JeffClear

Oct 15, 2017
Depends on the factor on the question of regression. If we are going to say Blacks hav regressed in terms of income, economic footprint etc...Then absolutely not...Both are climbing and have been for quite some time. If we are talking cohesive family units and responsible fathers then there is clear reggression. That being said Douglas should not be used a a measuring point. He is an outlier in terms of intellectual prowess regardless of the race. The guy was a genius. Outside of Abraham Lincoln i cant think of any historical figure that would surpass Douglas in terms of intelligence and even that is a huge maybe. No one today even gets to the same zip code as Douglas.
Under slavery, families were often broken up, and one could argue that the traditional family unit has declined for whites as well.
Asians and Hispanics probably have the strongest family cohesion among the major races in this country now.
As for Fredric Douglas, when speaking of historical geniuses, you can't leave out people like Einstein, Bohr, and Newton.
For men of letters, in this country I would put Douglas in the same class as Lincoln, Madison, and Hamilton.
For writing and oratory, Lincoln is probably second to none, with Douglas not far behind.

PSUEngineer89

Aug 14, 2021
Here is Tyson's CV
He is certainly a solid scientist and he was a popular lecturer. Sagan thought so and tried to recruit him to Columbia.
But we are getting way off topic.
The fact remains there are a lot of blacks who are top scientists.
If you don't like Tyson, fine, how about Bluford out of PSU or Shirley Ann Jackson out of MIT.
Here are more you can choose from

I am saying that NDT is not a good physicist or even remotely close to it.

You brought him up as a model for whatever reason. He is not. He is an affirmative action midwit.

Pretending he accomplished nearly as much as some of the men on the other list you provided cheapens their accomplishment.

Reactions: bourbon n blues

ao5884

Oct 1, 2019
Under slavery, families were often broken up, and one could argue that the traditional family unit has declined for whites as well.
Asians and Hispanics probably have the strongest family cohesion among the major races in this country now.
As for Fredric Douglas, when speaking of historical geniuses, you can't leave out people like Einstein, Bohr, and Newton.
For men of letters, in this country I would put Douglas in the same class as Lincoln, Madison, and Hamilton.
For writing and oratory, Lincoln is probably second to none, with Douglas not far behind.
Nah this is a modern phenomenon upward of 70% last i saw the statistic...its a problem which is one if not the dominant variance that causes the high crime rate of black males. The dont have anyone to teach them how to be a man. The mother can try day and night but she will never succeed because she is not a man and its vice versa for girls the difference is however the girls have an adult woman to teach them. I think it was close to 56% of all homicides were committed by African Americans....the problem is getting worse. Also i put Douglas above Madison and Hamilton because of the era in which Douglas lived...Its astounding that he was even literate as it was illegal for a black man. in Douglas time

horace19040

Aug 12, 2021

Are you saying capitalism works for blacks? What is the poor's excuse for failing? Why don't they follow the lead of all those successful blacks?

horace19040

Aug 12, 2021

Slavery is over. Today blacks abandon their kids. 80% of blacks in single or zero parent homes.

horace19040

Aug 12, 2021
It isn't your point that black people have regressed its your reasoning is out of wack. It has nothing to do with skin color. There are a plethora of reasons. The most influential in my opinion is the dismantled family unit. We know that crime rates for example are Hugh in black communities. We also know that young black males are responsible for the lions share of that variance. Absent fathers have a big role here because no one is teaching those young black males how to be men. Also it is wise to not use outliers when measuring regression For example Frederick Douglass. He is arguably the most intelligent person in US history...in his time....he is up there with Abraham Lincoln and Robert E Lee in terms of intelligence. He is not a good starting point to measure regression because he is light years beyond the mean of the overall population. That'sike saying NFL quarterbacks have regressed because the Pat's went from Brady to Mac Jones.

Blacks have regressed. Absent fathers is on them.

ao5884

Oct 1, 2019
Blacks have regressed. Absent fathers is on them.
It depends on the factor. They have progressed in some things and regressed In in others. But again you are presenting a correlation without any supporting data to show causal factors. I think you'll find that that some factors are on them but others are not

2lion70

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2004
Washington, DC top on the list of most innovative?? That's not a very accurate survey.
So you state with no supporting evidence. Get real. You may want to start thinking before making a comment that makes you look really uneducated and biased.

PSUEngineer89

Aug 14, 2021
So you state with no supporting evidence. Get real. You may want to start thinking before making a comment that makes you look really uneducated and biased.
It passes the reasonability test.

No person would rate Washington, DC the highest.

And when you and I have opposite opinions, we go with my opinion, because I'm about 20 IQ points ahead of you, and that's giving you more credit than you deserve.

northwoods

Jun 25, 2001
Trump's own AG said they investigated it and found Trump's claims to be bull-sht and that is an exact quote.
Sadly, it simply doesn't matter to the lemmings who would follow him and his litany of lies over a steep cliff. I primarily identified as, and voted, Republican for over 40 years, and I can't stand today's Republican party (nor, might I add, the far left of the Democratic party). When a nation as powerful and important to the world and democracy as the United States of America offers its citizens a choice for President of Donald Trump or Joe Biden something is terribly wrong. IMO the "real" problem is that the far right has taken over the Republican party and the far left has taken over the Democratic party --- but NEITHER speaks for nor addresses the views and concerns of the majority of Americans.

Last edited:
Reactions: NJPSU

JeffClear

Oct 15, 2017
Sadly, it simply doesn't matter to the lemmings who would follow him and his litany of lies over a steep cliff. I primarily identified as, and voted, Republican for over 40 years, and I can't stand today's Republican party (nor, might I add, the far left of the Democratic party). When a nation as powerful and important to the world and democracy as the United States of America offers its citizens a choice for President of Donald Trump or Joe Biden something is terribly wrong. IMO the "real" problem is that the far right has taken over the Republican party and the far left has taken over the Democratic party --- but NEITHER speaks for nor addresses the views and concerns of the majority of Americans.
I would agree that the Trump wing has taken over the GOP, but as for the far left, they make a lot of noise but lost to Biden, in 2020 who is relatively moderate, especially if you consider Bernie was second and Warren was third and both are significantly more liberal than Biden.
The one thing Trump does is unite the democrats, with Trump on the ticket, they picked a more moderate candidate than they would have if Trump wasn’t on the ticket.
If Trump wasn’t the GOP candidate I wonder if Biden would have even bothered to run, because he probably wouldn’t have come close to winning the primary.
If the GOP were smart and removed Trump during the impeachment, there probably would be a Republican in the White House because Bernie would have been crushed by whoever the GOP candidate was.
Sure the Trumpers would be mad but it’s not like they would switch sides and vote for Bernie.
And I agree, the political system is broken and more polarized that it should be.
I think part of the problem is gerrymandering, part of it is closed primaries and part of it is the electoral college.
I think we should have one primary where everyone votes, and the two Candidates who get the most votes move on to the general election, which would also be a straight popular vote.
We would end up with more boring and cookie cutter candidates who try to appeal to everyone, but their policies would more closely align with what most people want.

Reactions: northwoods

PSUEngineer89

Aug 14, 2021
I would agree that the Trump wing has taken over the GOP, but as for the far left, they make a lot of noise but lost to Biden, in 2020 who is relatively moderate, especially if you consider Bernie was second and Warren was third and both are significantly more liberal than Biden.
The one thing Trump does is unite the democrats, with Trump on the ticket, they picked a more moderate candidate than they would have if Trump wasn’t on the ticket.
If Trump wasn’t the GOP candidate I wonder if Biden would have even bothered to run, because he probably wouldn’t have come close to winning the primary.
If the GOP were smart and removed Trump during the impeachment, there probably would be a Republican in the White House because Bernie would have been crushed by whoever the GOP candidate was.
Sure the Trumpers would be mad but it’s not like they would switch sides and vote for Bernie.
And I agree, the political system is broken and more polarized that it should be.
I think part of the problem is gerrymandering, part of it is closed primaries and part of it is the electoral college.
I think we should have one primary where everyone votes, and the two Candidates who get the most votes move on to the general election, which would also be a straight popular vote.
We would end up with more boring and cookie cutter candidates who try to appeal to everyone, but their policies would more closely align with what most people want.
^^^^^ Actually thinks Biden is anything other than a puppet.

LMTLION

Mar 20, 2008
Because they can pay enough for people to afford living in a nice climate with beauty. The nearby national parks and the coastline are among the finest in the world.

This attracts educated people of means. It's not complicated.

Unfortunately, states like California are ruining what once attracted our best. We are seeing Silicon Valley relocate to the Austin Texas area. Even Schwab has moved from San Francisco to Dallas.

California must be really bad now. I lived there in the 1990s when it was attractive. It's hard to believe that central Texas could become more attractive than the West Coast. That says a lot about the West Coast.

Wait until those people in Texas tire of the over-crowding, the water restrictions, the illegals, crime, drugs, and so on. Tech will be looking for a new home once again.

I'm predicting Hawaii. Manufacturing will move to Oahu. The office people will like the west coast of the Big Island. A lot to see and do, and spectacular water. Easier access to China too.
It seems like the greatest concentration of highly intelligent people in the United States live in New England. Why is that?

PSUEngineer89

Aug 14, 2021
It seems like the greatest concentration of highly intelligent people in the United States live in New England. Why is that?
Upon what do you base that statement?

I do not dispute it, but simply wonder what is your basis?

Latest posts