ADVERTISEMENT

Great 90s rock

I disagree. It was the maybe greatest decade for American rock. Much of it influenced by 1970s punk rock so not everyone's favorite, but some great bands came out of this time
Whether it's the best decade or not can be debated. What cannot be debated is the fact that it was the LAST decade of rock music. Rock music passed away in 1999 with the takeover of boy bands.

Reactions: JWB389
Very little.

For a brief period in the mid-2000s there were some groups putting out some OK rock. The Killers, Arcade Fire, the White Stripes. But it was few and far between.

Most of the good acts since the 1990s have not been rock. Some good pop acts have come and gone. But not a whole lot

There is still some really awesome stuff being done right now. The Killers just put out a new album that is pretty good and Arcade Fire had Everything Now out in 2017 and I love that album. The Strokes have a very good song out right now. JMO but I think there is some really great music being put out right now. I mean there is some soul, blues and R&B type that I haven't heard in a very long time.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT