ADVERTISEMENT

Google Duplex... pretty cool stuff (video)

Bots and AI. My company is moving our services into AWS (amazon web services) for this very reason. We cannot keep up with voice, AI, machine learning, language and dialect. So we are going into the Cloud and utilizing Amazon's micro-services to allow for this.

I was in Vegas last week and the hotel asked for my mobile. Two days later, walking out of a restaurant, I got a text asking me if I liked the place and would recommend it to other travelers.

Creepy. I'm sure telemarketers can't wait to get their hands on this to make their bots and annoying calls sound even more lifelike.

I contend that Felli is actually a defective bot that is supposed to be on an atheism site but the glitch has him stuck on rivals.

Reactions: pandaczar12
Bots and AI. My company is moving our services into AWS (amazon web services) for this very reason. We cannot keep up with voice, AI, machine learning, language and dialect. So we are going into the Cloud and utilizing Amazon's micro-services to allow for this.

I was in Vegas last week and the hotel asked for my mobile. Two days later, walking out of a restaurant, I got a text asking me if I liked the place and would recommend it to other travelers.

I can’t believe you gave the hotel your cell number. I never give my cell or email (and I still battle daily with bot / telemarketing calls).

I can’t believe you gave the hotel your cell number. I never give my cell or email (and I still battle daily with bot / telemarketing calls).

Yeah....in my mind, that ship has sailed. Mobile number is now commonly used as an identifier. I love using apps (Marriott, Avis, Hertz, SW, United, etc.). When you download the app, they've got your number/email address. If not, they can use public information to get it (they match facebook, twitter, rivals, tax records, credit cards, etc.) and figure it out.

In my mind, you've got two options: stand in front of that bus and try to stop it or get behind the bus and push it. I rule of thumb I've always had is "don't stand in front of busses".

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT