ADVERTISEMENT

Good News From Wuhan

dailybuck777

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2018
This link shows a hospital closing in Wuhan.

Of course, skepticism of Chinese government sources is prudent. Would add that my deceased wife was from Wuhan and her family has recently been relaying moderately good news. Because of cleanliness issues, the virus should be worse in Wuhan than the US. If it is rapidly moderating in Wuhan that is good news for everyone.

Of course, skepticism of Chinese government sources is prudent. Would add that my deceased wife was from Wuhan and her family has recently been relaying moderately good news. Because of cleanliness issues, the virus should be worse in Wuhan than the US. If it is rapidly moderating in Wuhan that is good news for everyone.

LOL!

Yep! Communists countries and their 'free' press never lie!

:eek:;););):eek:

I'm suspicious of anything which comes from the Chinese government. It's the same government which was looking for Flight 370 using what looked like tin cans on a stick. Of course it was all for the sake of propaganda to make the masses back home think they were on top of things.

Reactions: TheGLOV
LOL!

Yep! Communists countries and their 'free' press never lie!

:eek:;););):eek:

I don't give much credence to what the Communist Party says. I do give some credence to the picture in the background where the hospital is empty and abandoned. I am hearing from my contacts in China's that some people are returning to work also. If this was spreading like wildfire and the medical facilities were being overwhelmed, I think I would be hearing different news.

I don't I don't give much credence to what the Communist Party says. I do give some Credence to the picture in the background where the hospital is empty and abandoned. I am hearing from my contacts in China's that some people are returning to work also. If this was spreading like wildfire and the medical facilities were being overwhelmed, I think I would be hearing different news.

Did not one of their "built in 10 days" hospital's recently collapse?

Asking for a friend??

I hear ya sir. We're god.

---
Don't trust the Chicoms but good to hear from your people on the ground. Have also heard that factories are re-opening and that the traffic jams are back.

So misleading. China is on lockdown. Basically not allowed to leave their homes. Shit is going to hit the fan once the ban is lifted and they once again interact with each other. You watch.

By the way... you are also dealing with a government who's blaming the US for the coronaviruses (link) in the first place.

Did not one of their "built in 10 days" hospital's recently collapse?

Asking for a friend??

I hear ya sir. We're god.
It was a hotel used for quarantining that collapsed in a different city. By the way, I have started putting my money where my mouth is. I bought $5000 in an index fund this morning and plan to buy up to $20000 more shortly.

I don't give much credence to what the Communist Party says. I do give some credence to the picture in the background where the hospital is empty and abandoned. I am hearing from my contacts in China's that some people are returning to work also. If this was spreading like wildfire and the medical facilities were being overwhelmed, I think I would be hearing different news.

Lets assume that’s true (a reach): China’s draconian measures could not be replicated here even if our response was serious or immediate, which it wasn’t; they’ve tested more people in an hour than we’ve tested in the entire country, built hospitals in a week, isolated tens of millions, etc...this is the country that is currently perpetrating a Holocaust for Christ’s sake.

https://www.who.int/docs/default-so...na-joint-mission-on-covid-19-final-report.pdf

Lets assume that’s true (a reach): China’s draconian measures could not be replicated here even if our response was serious or immediate, which it wasn’t; they’ve tested more people in an hour than we’ve tested in the entire country, built hospitals in a week, isolated tens of millions, etc...this is the country that is currently perpetrating a Holocaust for Christ’s sake.

https://www.who.int/docs/default-so...na-joint-mission-on-covid-19-final-report.pdf
On the other hand the Chinese live in a much more congested society than ours, and their cleanliness standards are much lower. Also, their dinners are eaten communally which is a perfect method for the transmission of viruses.

Reactions: The Spin Meister
On the other hand the Chinese live in a much more congested society than ours, and their cleanliness standards are much lower. Also, their dinners are eaten communally which is a perfect method for the transmission of viruses.

Which is yet another reason to think your OP is bullshit.
I mean no disrespect, but even if all of that is true, we are months behind them at best. 100k cases in Ohio? That isn’t static.

Which is yet another reason to think your OP is bullshit.
I mean no disrespect, but even if all of that is true, we are months behind them at best. 100k cases in Ohio? That isn’t static.
https://coronavirus.ohio.gov/wps/portal/gov/covid-19/ 5 confirmed cases in Ohio. Know someone threw out a wild guesstimate of 100000. Personally, haven't heard of anyone in my circles as being infected or any of their contacts being infected. Zero problems for me so far.

Reactions: FHSPSU67
I don't always agree with you dailybuck777, but I do see, similar as you are seeing, some good news coming out of China.

Now, there may be a secondary spike there in cases as more socializing goes on into late March, April, May.

But I do see evidence for a light at the end of this tunnel.

https://coronavirus.ohio.gov/wps/portal/gov/covid-19/ 5 confirmed cases in Ohio. Know someone threw out a wild guesstimate of 100000. Personally, haven't heard of anyone in my circles as being infected or any of their contacts being infected. Zero problems for me so far.

Yes, that clarion of hysteria and irresponsibility, Ohio’s Department of Health Director, with Republican Gov DeWine by her side. Totally random.

Ohio has tested 35 people. 35. Please for the love of god stop trolling.

Yes, that clarion of hysteria and irresponsibility, Ohio’s Department of Health Director, with Republican Gov DeWine by her side. Totally random.

Ohio has tested 35 people. 35. Please for the love of god stop trolling.
333 people under health supervision referenced in my link. If director throws out a wild very high number, it makes it easier for Dewine to order very major public gathering restrictions. Very little downside in ordering restrictions. On the other hand, if you don't order the restrictions and something goes wrong, you get killed. Personally, I am fine with the restrictions -- they seemed to have helped in China.

333 people under health supervision referenced in my link. If director throws out a wild very high number, it makes it easier for Dewine to order very major public gathering restrictions. Very little downside in ordering restrictions. On the other hand, if you don't order the restrictions and something goes wrong, you get killed. Personally, I am fine with the restrictions -- they seemed to have helped in China.

THOSE PEOPLE HAVE NOT BEEN TESTED PER YOUR LINK

Let’s just do nothing and pretend it’s a deep state media hoax, the markets seem to love that.

THOSE PEOPLE HAVE NOT BEEN TESTED PER YOUR LINK

Let’s just do nothing and pretend it’s a deep state media hoax, the markets seem to love that.
VERY FEW PEOPLE HAVE SYMPTOMS REQUIRING TESTING. NOT MANY PEOPLE ARE SICK OR DYING. I am fine with spending whatever needs to be spent to make sure this doesn’t turn out badly. Just saying there is evidence that it may not turn out to be as bad as worst projections.

Reactions: ForesterGump
Wait till they grind those steel apartment doors open, not too many smiling faces there.

I realize we can"t trust China Govt and other questionable sources but I for one hope for some good news i.e. this thread and use of the Gilead drug used for Ebola, with victims in Wash State. Sure hope that works ...

Reactions: dailybuck777
Shit is going to hit the fan once the ban is lifted and they once again interact with each other. You watch.

Its going to be like that everywhere unless everything stays in place until there is a vaccine. If the current measures being implemented in the us lead to a slowdown, its still going to spike as soon as they are relaxed.

Perfect example of why you can't trust anything coming out of China.

I agree with much of the gist of your post.

However, there are two vloggers (Serpentza and Laowhy86) who until recently had lived in China for about 10 years each. Both have strong medical connections. Serpentza taught English to Chinese doctors. Laowhy86 married a Chinese doctor. When the virus initially broke, they were saying that the impacts were grossly underreported. Checked them at midnight last night, and no posts from either disputing that the impact of the virus was lessening in China.

Epidemiologists have generally been estimating actual case numbers to be around 10 x confirmed cases.
I have heard that population serology testing is being done in China. The results will either validate or refute the 10 x undiagnosed infection estimate.
If the 10x figure bears up, that is obviously good news.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT