ADVERTISEMENT

Golic...

BTMurphy

Gold Member
Jul 19, 2015
Central Pa
I haven’t listened to anything involving him since the scandal days (he really pissed me off). Having said that, I felt his role as color commentator today was pretty good.... seemed genuinely fair/even handed towards both teams. Perhaps he could have been a bit more informative regarding situations...but not bad I thought.

sorry if discussed in game thread- I didn’t read it

The batting call was the only injection of some Referine Bias into our game. Some clear missed holding calls, but the rest of the game was called pretty fairly. IMO.

The batting call was the only injection of some Referine Bias into our game. Some clear missed holding calls, but the rest of the game was called pretty fairly. IMO.
Again, what about that call was “biased”? It was a close one that could have gone uncalled, but certainly not a blatant error.

Clifford laying on the ground injured. Golic “I wonder which NFL team will take Harbaugh” etc.
All of these broadcasts are disjointed like that go with guys are calling the game from a thousand miles away.

All of these broadcasts are disjointed like that go with guys are calling the game from a thousand miles away.
But yet they call plays as they happen? C’mon now, they were talking about Harbaugh’s future 80% of the game and also when Clifford got hurt. I mean it was the most interesting thing to talk about but they should have at least taken a few moments to talk about the guy laying on the ground grabbing his knee.

But yet they call plays as they happen? C’mon now, they were talking about Harbaugh’s future 80% of the game and also when Clifford got hurt. I mean it was the most interesting thing to talk about but they should have at least taken a few moments to talk about the guy laying on the ground grabbing his knee.
He was probably wondering to call it a cheap shot or not.

I’m sure he didn’t realize Clifford was down at the moment...these guys usually have spotters, their partner right next to them, a crowd to gauge what’s happening, etc. Can’t be easy to suddenly do a 3.5 hour game from your office with a TV and someone in your ear.

I'd say that they did a nice job today.

Outside of Sandusky, I've always heard Golic complement PSU. He said PSU was one of the schools he was serious considering before going to ND to play with his brother Bob. Always mentioned Cael and the wrestling program as well, and dominant they are--something you seldom hear national talking heads mentioning.

Golic is a pompous idiot. The only bigger idiot I heard today was when they brought Lemionere in as a officiating consultant.

Reactions: PS4814
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT