ADVERTISEMENT

Get out your popcorn boys and keep an eye on...

no no no. Bushwood you are wrong. A Satellite camp is one generally held in the summer, and is open to everyone, and the player pays to come (unless of course they get a 'scholarship'). As the student goes there at their expense etc it is not an official visit, and the camp staffs most certainly can have contact with the kid. You're confused.

Evaluation Period and Quiet Period CALENDAR BASED RULES say nothing about "Satellite Camps" versus "Practice Camps" -- they merely talk about OFF-CAMPUS CONTACTVISITS (the NCAA uses the terms interchangeably in sections defining calendars versus subsectors). There used to be exceptions for CONTACT and VISITATION with PSA's and being on their campuses during the QUIET and EVALUATION PERIODS OF CALENDAR as long as the program was not the SPONSOR AND HOST of the camp causing the contact / visit to be made. That EXCEPTION (often referred to as a "Satellite Camp") has been removed - the ban is now explicit.

What are you talking about. I know you are never wrong in your own eyes but this is out there. So to help me understand you are saying the spring practice at IMG was considered a satellite camp? That's where you come up with taking your entire staff and entire team thing?

Have you never read Bernard Shaw's admonition on wrestling with pigs?

Evaluation Period and Quiet Period CALENDAR BASED RULES say nothing about "Satellite Camps" versus "Practice Camps" -- they merely talk about OFF-CAMPUS CONTACTVISITS (the NCAA uses the terms interchangeably in sections defining calendars versus subsectors). There used to be exceptions for CONTACT and VISITATION with PSA's and being on their campuses during the QUIET and EVALUATION PERIODS OF CALENDAR as long as the program was not the SPONSOR AND HOST of the camp causing the contact / visit to be made. That EXCEPTION (often referred to as a "Satellite Camp") has been removed - the ban is now explicit.

Looks like we're getting close to critical mass here.

I thought James and some coaches went south to one of the schools and held a camp, but didn't take the football players and hold practice. Maybe I'm wrong, I didn't pay much attention at the time.
JH wanted to hold practice with his players in the presents of the Florida players. yes-no

True, but don't think for a minute JH thought of this on his own. Going south to hold a camp, who did that first again? We know the answer.

Reactions: Ski and step.eng69
What are you talking about. I know you are never wrong in your own eyes but this is out there. So to help me understand you are saying the spring practice at IMG was considered a satellite camp? That's where you come up with taking your entire staff and entire team thing?
Don't mess with FRTT little Blue Boy

That's too bad. CJF was doing a nice job with these camps. Probably would've netted us Tre Nixon if we had Moorhead on staff last year.

Also, curious to see how many verbals JH accepted at these camps vs how many of them ultimately signed with UM. Someone dropped a log in the pool.

Reactions: Ski
That's too bad. CJF was doing a nice job with these camps. Probably would've netted us Tre Nixon if we had Moorhead on staff last year.

Also, curious to see how many verbals JH accepted at these camps vs how many of them ultimately signed with UM. Someone dropped a log in the pool.
It's really more than just the verbals. I doubt Franklin landed a ton from them either. The part that I think is crazy is ultimately the SEC won no matter how you look at it. Also I know you guys think the big ten is all about Michigan but just look how Delaney put up a fight for the conference. "It is what it is" was basically his response. What a joke. When it comes right down to it the SEC basically told the NCAA what to do IMO.

Married-with-Children-popcorn.gif

I can't believe they took that show off the air.

Reactions: Ski
I can't believe they took that show off the air.

I DVR that show every day. Stupid, cutting edge for that time, politically incorrect for today, and just funny. Some great quotes can be gotten feom MWC.

Hold your breath because the actor playing Bud is shoping a new follow-up sitcom and all the original cast would try to participate when they could (scheduling issues i guess with current projects.)

Reactions: Ski and 91Joe95
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT