ADVERTISEMENT

Georgia boards saying Justin Fields told coaches he's transferring

This kid didn't merely have options, he had unlimited options. He could have literally gone anywhere. Instead, he went to the worst possible place. Just weird.
Maybe not so dumb. Now he and his family can get paid two times from the SEC BAGMAN. Once from Georgia and again to where he transfers.

Reactions: TheWhiteOut26
Have any of these quarterbacks done anything?

That's a great question. I guess jury still out on a few like Eason and Johnson. Patterson too to some extent, I think he was better off staying at Ole Miss but I get why he transferred from there, just disagree to whom for development. Driskel probably best of bunch considering he did well after transferring and is currently starting in the NFL, but thats more because of injury to Dalton of course and the fact he's a freak athlete.

I heard it on ESPNU radio SXM 84 tonight. they were talking about Colorado and Auburn as possible end points.

Can UGA not block him from SEC schools? Seems kids never transfer in conference or is that rule changed? Would seem ridiculous he could just go to a rival like Florida or Georgia so easily.

Reactions: AvgPennStateFan
Multiple reports say Fields could use "mitigating circumstances" that have arisen due to him being called the "N word" by a UGA student and request a transfer waiver.

Multiple reports say Fields could use "mitigating circumstances" that have arisen due to him being called the "N word" by a UGA student and request a transfer waiver.

My first reaction is that's a bit farfetched, but it is the NCAA so maybe they'll even restore a year of eligibility in the bargain.

Talk is that Fields is considering fsu, Tosu, and oklahoma.

fsu makes sense because they don't really have a quarterback. Plus they have a top baseball program if he wants to be a two-sport star.

oklahoma makes sense. ou also has a good baseball program, and Kyler Murray may turn to professional baseball. Importantly, their last two starting quarterbacks have won the Heisman. Fields would likely flourish at ou and in the Big XII.

Does Tosu make sense? They aren't great at baseball, if that matters. Plus, haskins isn't going anywhere just yet. Is their coaching staff stable at this point?

fsu makes sense because they don't really have a quarterback. Plus they have a top baseball program if he wants to be a two-sport star.

oklahoma makes sense. ou also has a good baseball program, and Kyler Murray may turn to professional baseball. Importantly, their last two starting quarterbacks have won the Heisman. Fields would likely flourish at ou and in the Big XII.

Does Tosu make sense? They aren't great at baseball, if that matters. Plus, haskins isn't going anywhere just yet. Is their coaching staff stable at this point?
Oklahoma and OSU make total sense. FSU, not so much.

Guessing you didn't watch Georgia much this year

You guessed wrong. The kid did quite well in a limited roll. I just don't see the point of all the wild guessing about where he is going and how it will impact PSU. When he decides where to go, then we can decide what to think about it, or not think about it based on what his decision is.

Reactions: step.eng69
I heard it on ESPNU radio SXM 84 tonight. they were talking about Colorado and Auburn as possible end points.

I don’t know why anyone would consider Auburn with the unstable nature of their coaching situation. They’re one loss away from pulling the plug on Mahlzan, then you don’t know who you’d be playing for. I have a feeling this is ESPN pushing the SEC narrative.

Reactions: eidolon21

Not just a student but wasn't he also a Georgia baseball player? That must make for an interesting locker room.

You guessed wrong. The kid did quite well in a limited roll. I just don't see the point of all the wild guessing about where he is going and how it will impact PSU. When he decides where to go, then we can decide what to think about it, or not think about it based on what his decision is.

You don't understand the point of discussing a true freshman that did "quite well in a limited role" and how it will impact Penn State? Fields (like Hurts) will be discussed at great length because whatever they decide will impact the landscape of college football.

Contract renegotiation?

;)
Just read a Pennlive.com article (don't know how reliable a source) that Fields is transferring and demanding immediate eligibility because of a racist remark hurled from the stands. He feels threatened. Story continues it looks like TOSU, already tweeting with Hoskins and loves the coach.

Check this video out:

Really looks like we dodged a bullet with this guy. The more that Georgia fans are saying about him the more it seems the talent that the kid has does not equal the drama/sense of entitlement that is surrounding him. Smart was really trying to fit a square peg into a round hole with his skill set.

Needs a lot of developing before he can turn into what his ranking suggested he might be.

More and more talk about Fields to $OSU and chatting with Haskins. His draw to those a-holes is Ryan Day's QB expertise and developing that position (and the under-table money). Not good for the rest of the BIG but I guess it just proves that the OSU bagmen are just as effective as the SEC's. One of the 2 or 3 most corrupt schools in the country.

Sorry, no sympathy for Michigan here. You guys went out and got a gift waiver for a kid who should have had to sit out a year like everybody else, particularly since it's likely that the famed Ole Miss bagman paid him a friendly visit at some point.

OSU seems like they already have a ton of competition there regardless if Haskins leaves. How can Day be pegged a "QB Guru" this early in his coaching career? Because of Haskins? Shouldn't Urban get that credit? Committing to Day right now because of his QB acumen seems like a huge risk for a prospect looking for a new home.

I'm not sure if this kid is a good as advertised or if he even would've been able to beat out Stevens/Clifford but he made an awful decision de-committing from PSU. Franklin and staff built an honest relationship with the kid and scouted him before he ever blew up. But instead he got caught up in hype and empty promises of the SEC. This debacle has honestly become a great recruiting pitch for Franklin.

Reactions: step.eng69
OSU seems like they already have a ton of competition there regardless if Haskins leaves. How can Day be pegged a "QB Guru" this early in his coaching career? Because of Haskins? Shouldn't Urban get that credit? Committing to Day right now because of his QB acumen seems like a huge risk for a prospect looking for a new home.

I'm not sure if this kid is a good as advertised or if he even would've been able to beat out Stevens/Clifford but he made an awful decision de-committing from PSU. Franklin and staff built an honest relationship with the kid and scouted him before he ever blew up. But instead he got caught up in hype and empty promises of the SEC. This debacle has honestly become a great recruiting pitch for Franklin.
Agreed. If he would have stayed here, he would have likely played four games, redshirted, and very likely would have been the favorite to start in 2019. Instead, he listened to the talk from the Georgia staff that they’d run a two quarterback system and he thought he could beat out Fromm. He never had a chance to play meaningful snaps with a healthy Fromm in 2018 and now he's stuck.

I know how to look stuff up.:)

Yeah, I have Encylopedia Britannica, too. Mine is the young children's edition from 1977. That's all I need. (Volume 8 is missing, but I never found it to be so useful.)

9a37b3f0b67134d730a4da5c256f51fd.jpg

Haskins isn't going anywhere? Projected as a top 10 pick and most "experts" have him leaving.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT