ADVERTISEMENT

Georgia boards saying Justin Fields told coaches he's transferring

e3d8ddaa-4c88-4bd2-85e2-eb73f595c6d6

What did he expect honestly? He went to a program that played in the championship game that has a really good QB one year ahead of him. Did he think he would waltz in and supplant one of the best young QB’s in the country who has done everything asked of him?

His freshman year played out in a way pretty much everyone expected yet he wants out? I just hope he doesn’t end up at OSU or Michigan.

What did he expect honestly? He went to a program that played in the championship game that has a really good QB one year ahead of him. Did he think he would waltz in and supplant one of the best young QB’s in the country who has done everything asked of him?

His freshman year played out in a way pretty much everyone expected yet he wants out? I just hope he doesn’t end up at OSU or Michigan.
giphy.gif

Honestly, QBs are going to transfer. I'm still shocked Stevens didn't leave. Not saying he should have but maybe he should have. I do think we'll see a few in the next couple years but that should be the expectation to major programs.

As far as Fields goes, I really think he thought he'd beat out Fromm which wasn't a great bet. I understand he didn't come here because he didn't think they'd bench a 2 year starter for him either but Fromm wasn't going to give up the reigns. If he transfers he has to sit a year. He might as well stay at Georgia and play there as a junior once Fromm enters the draft instead of trying to find a place to go next year and sit then wait to battle for the job. He's still going to get playing time.

Reactions: PSUFBFAN

+100

Reactions: pointingdogsrule
Honestly, QBs are going to transfer. I'm still shocked Stevens didn't leave. Not saying he should have but maybe he should have. I do think we'll see a few in the next couple years but that should be the expectation to major programs.

As far as Fields goes, I really think he thought he'd beat out Fromm which wasn't a great bet. I understand he didn't come here because he didn't think they'd bench a 2 year starter for him either but Fromm wasn't going to give up the reigns. If he transfers he has to sit a year. He might as well stay at Georgia and play there as a junior once Fromm enters the draft instead of trying to find a place to go next year and sit then wait to battle for the job. He's still going to get playing time.

which is the strange part, how did he think he was going to beat out a freshman QB who just led their team to the national championship game. I guess he looked at Tua and Bama and thought he would do the same. You could look over at Clemson and see their true frosh QB beat out the incumbent starter. But i do agree that it appeared to be a poor choice of schools when you look at the options he had in front of him.

I watched part of a Georgia game a couple of weeks ago, and the announcers were talking Fromm versus Fields. While they commended Fromm for his leadership and accomplishments right out of high school, they said without question that Fields was the better talent. I inferred that they expected Fields to take the starting job from Fromm soon. Maybe Smart doesn’t see it that way, which is understandable. Fromm is getting the job done and is not ready to jump to the NFL just yet.

which is the strange part, how did he think he was going to beat out a freshman QB who just led their team to the national championship game. I guess he looked at Tua and Bama and thought he would do the same. You could look over at Clemson and see their true frosh QB beat out the incumbent starter. But i do agree that it appeared to be a poor choice of schools when you look at the options he had in front of him.

Yeah, there was probably a lot of pressure on him to stay home. I really like the kid and believe he'll be a great QB. Fromm was one of the few guys that definitely wasn't going to lose his starting job. I think he should probably stick it out at Georgia but I read something that 75% of 5* QBs have transferred over the past 5-10 years (small sample size but still) likely because they aren't willing to wait. Fields probably envisions himself as being drafted in 2021 so he has to stay or play JuCo for a year then come back. It really doesn't make much sense in this case to transfer.

The kid's a bust. Can't even pull off a fake punt. Made his (Smart) coach look like an idiot. Two strikes against him right there with the GA coaching staff.

This is a dumb question, but I assume he blew his RS this year? I saw him appear a few times, but not sure how many games he played in.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT