ADVERTISEMENT

Geaux Tigers

Chickenman Testa

Jan 4, 2003
Lots of butthurt Iowa fans on social media after LSU ran their plucky girls off the court. Lots of whining about the officials makes it extra ironic

Lots of butthurt Iowa fans on social media after LSU ran their plucky girls off the court. Lots of whining about the officials makes it extra ironic
Is this post about women's basketball? I guess they have to drum up some kind of drama to make anyone care at all.

Is this post about women's basketball? I guess they have to drum up some kind of drama to make anyone care at all.
I hear you. I just wanted some schadenfreude so caught the last 5 minutes or so. Did not disappoint

Iowa fans now have about 5 months until they can watch Brian Ferentz work his magic

• Haha
Reactions: Rip_E_2_Joe_PA
I wanted Iowa to lose since their football fans are despicable. However, had I known ahead of time that LSU players would be rather classless(?) about winning, i may have mustered the energy to pull for Iowa.
All that said, Caitlyn Clark likes to trash talk as well, so if you dish it out …

So Iowa fans are like Penn State basketball fans after we lost to Purdue in the Big Ten championship game?

I wanted Iowa to lose since their football fans are despicable. However, had I known ahead of time that LSU players would be rather classless(?) about winning, i may have mustered the energy to pull for Iowa.
Our fans are pretty bad sometimes. There fans got carried away in 21 but we had several players that very likely faked injuries and it was pretty flipping obvious when they did.

Actually, I saw an article saying that the refs made themselves the story in this game. Apparently, they called 20 fouls in the 1st 17 minutes sending the star players to the bench. As if women's basketball could be less interesting to watch, foul-happy refs knocking out the star players seems to not help.

He [wallace] didn’t cover in the other thread that you helped him out. But, on queue, he pokes his face in here and yet again utters an outrageously asinine comment. You gotta hand it to PJ Mustipher, who faked his injury for the remainder of the season. That’s commitment!
And no one can ever explain the biggest question of all surrounding the supposed fake injuries….why? What would have been the purpose?

He [wallace] didn’t cover in the other thread that you helped him out. But, on queue, he pokes his face in here and yet again utters an outrageously asinine comment. You gotta hand it to PJ Mustipher, who faked his injury for the remainder of the season. That’s commitment!
He was the first one injured yet Iowa fans were booing him when he was on the ground. This happened on Iowas first possession.

Reactions: tlbakernc
George Remus is a Clark Respektor but Remus isn't shocked at awl to see those frisky Tigerettes take it down. Remus used to play some backyard roundball bastidball himself.

The Clifford fake injury was also a pretty risky move.

He was the first one injured yet Iowa fans were booing him when he was on the ground. This happened on Iowas first possession.
I think Brisker was the first one hurt. He looked like he would be carried out on a stretcher but only missed one play. I think he had a shoulder/stinger issue which bothered him the first couple games. No way your best player leaves the field by faking an injury.

After that you had Mustipher with an ACL and Clifford with ribs. Obviously, neither of those were faked.

I think one guy later in the game had a cramp. He got up and walked on his own power. He may have done a little acting, I guess, but not because of a plan. Maybe just wanted to get off the field for a play or two, but not ordered by coaches.

Why would your most important players fake injuries?

Reactions: Hotshoe
LSU players says that she gets no credit bc she looks ghetto, then proceeds to act ghetto.
Womens bball wants to grow the brand and be like the boys and that game put it back 20 years. Between the very poor officiating (worst I have seen in a long time), lack of class by the winning team and the temper tantrums of of the LSU coach it will be last game I watch.

Chiming in with something pointless and for no reason. (1) can we ban the word "butthurt?" Always hated that. (2) I'm shocked that this many people actually have an opinion about women's basketball. zzzzzzz......

Chiming in with something pointless and for no reason. (1) can we ban the word "butthurt?" Always hated that. (2) I'm shocked that this many people actually have an opinion about women's basketball. zzzzzzz......
My opinion is more about Iowa fans awfulness - women’s BB (which is atrocious) - is just the vehicle for the opinion. Could have just been wrestling, but we caned them by 55 points this year, so most Iowa fans had long ago accepted 2nd place this year

Reactions: Hotshoe
As far as the game goes, Iowa got their a$$es kicked. As far as the officiating, it was the worst I've ever seen, and that was on both sides. Not a good day for women's basketball.

My opinion is more about Iowa fans awfulness - women’s BB (which is atrocious) - is just the vehicle for the opinion. Could have just been wrestling, but we caned them by 55 points this year, so most Iowa fans had long ago accepted 2nd place this year
In the first qtr, I was wondering if LSU would have enough players left for the second half.

LSU players says that she gets no credit bc she looks ghetto, then proceeds to act ghetto.
The reality is if she's attractive enough that she could be one of the faces of the WNBA if she was likeable.

And yes attractiveness matters in all sports even men's. They want the face of the league and team to be attractive. It's why Griner wasn't even before her arrest.

I tell my kids that my 529 plan is good for all schools with just a few exceptions- Ohio St, Michigan, Rutgers, and Iowa!

Reactions: hlstone
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT