ADVERTISEMENT

Football GAMEDAY THREAD: Blue / White Spring game

Kaytron Allen will be a no-go today. No surprise after missing the last few practices. Have not heard anything that would suggest that his ailment is anything to be concerned about long term.

Reactions: GregInPitt
KJ Winsston will be a no-go today as well. Winston has been banged up the last few weeks, appeared to be some sort of hand or lower arm injury based off some Instagram story posts during the Easter break.

Anyone have a weather report. Last I saw yesterday it wasn’t looking too cheery.

Players that I do not expect to see today:

S KJ winston
OL Drew Shelton
RB Kaytron Allen
DT Hakeem Beamon
DT Liam Andrews
OL JB Nelson
WR Mehki Flowers
WR Josiah Brown
QB Jaxon Smolik

Reactions: Obliviax
My biggest takeaway so far is that the running back room is going to be just fine going forward. Wide receiver room is still very much a major concern for the program as well.

Will have to rewatch this one at home to get a second look but right now, it certaintly hasn't been great.

Allar to Saunders looked like it was the combination that they were trying to get going early, but couldn’t quite click. Beau has the second team oh line in, but he’s still not much of a thrower.

I really wanted to see some Allar to Fleming, and with basically none of the receivers catching the ball except Harrison Wallace and Liam Clifford’s token once-per-game catch, I have no idea why they can’t just throw him in there with the first team.

Wallace, Saunders and Clifford looked decent. Allar looked pretty good. The young backs all looked capable. If Drew gets hurt we are in trouble.
Looks like a big gap between 15 and 9. But we have to remember 9 is with the second team. Grunk looks good as do the young RBs.

Allar to Saunders looked like it was the combination that they were trying to get going early, but couldn’t quite click. Beau has the second team oh line in, but he’s still not much of a thrower.
They need to let Beau play with the first group and throw every down to see if he can do it. We know he can run, can he stand in and throw?

Reactions: psu00
Looks like a big gap between 15 and 9. But we have to remember 9 is with the second team. Grunk looks good as do the young RBs.
Agree with you here... Allar is clearly steps ahead of Pribula, Drew I would say has had a really nice day, throwing the ball with a good touch, just not getting much help. Pribula just hasn't developed as a passer as they've hoped for. His decision making is still okay at best and his accuracy needs plenty of work as well. I thought Grunk has looked good all things considered, getting the ball out quickly has a nice zip and touch on his passes as well.

Pribula basically only has one play: drop back and pretend he’s going to throw it and then take off running.

Reactions: psu00
Cooper Cousins hurt. And it doesn’t look like the kind of just “banged up” kind of hurt. Arm hanging dead at his side.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT