ADVERTISEMENT

Game Thread: PSU - Temple

Agonizing game to watch. Far too many fundamental mistakes, by both players and the coaching staff. As some have already indicated, it will be more painful against the strong B10 teams.

PSU has 8 turnovers, 6 fumbles, through 3 weeks - not taking care of the ball and silly turnovers are the only reason Temple is remotely in this game (PSU had 3 TOs today versus none for Temple). PSU better get the TO issues cleaned up going into the Conference Schedule - stupid TOs killed them last week and it's the only reason Temple is even remotely in the game this week.

Reactions: LafayetteBear
This game shouldn't have been as close as it was, but giving Temple 1st and goal on our ~10 2x doesn't help. Temple beat themselves with all those penalties as well.

Reactions: PSUTENN1
Yeah, we may have found a new box LB. I'm surprised we haven't heard anything about or seen John Thomas, the RB who switched to LB before the season. Hopefully, the depth developed today, plus getting back one or two of the walking wounded, will improve our LB play. On a negative note, the OL still is lousy at run blocking.

Good effort by Temple but after a decent year last season, they are on their way back into obscurity. They just don't have the resources to be much more than mediocre over the long haul.

Reactions: tomfleet
Which is why I rarely bet on psu, especially under Franklin. He got out coached today......it was t even close.
A fumble inside our 10 that kept PSU from scoring, two turnovers inside our 10 that led to 14 Temple points is coaching? Really!

A fumble inside our 10 that kept PSU from scoring, two turnovers inside our 10 that led to 14 Temple points is coaching? Really!
The "coaching" part relates to the Aussie-style kicker. He was instructed to purposely kick it at our players. That's why teams employ soccer-style kickers

This isn't difficult.

See that last punt? Almost blocked !! Could have given the game away right there.

Bad fundamental football.

Which is why I rarely bet on psu, especially under Franklin. He got out-coached today......it wasnt even close.

Right..Rhule lost to a team that had half their starting defense injured and didn't have their best offensive player for the first half. Rhule didn't outcoach anyone. Franklin should get a damn award for winning that game with the depleted defense he had.

Reactions: pandaczar12
Really simple - don't kick toward sideline and boot through the EZ. Toe can do this every time. Return or OB should never happen.
But didn't Franklin say objective is to kick to corner. Guess you didn't see last week's game when Toe hitting down the center. Must be poor strategizing on head coach.

Right..Rhule lost to a team that had half their starting defense injured and didn't have their best offensive player for the first half. Rhule didn't outcoach anyone. Franklin should get a damn award for winning that game with the depleted defense he had.
Small things that matter. His team only turned the ball over 1 time and that was in the waning moments. Further, go back and watch how well Temple was prepared on special teams.

Reactions: PSUTENN1
Some people on this board do not know how to enjoy a win. Better to be PSU today than FSU or Iowa.

FSU lost to a very good Louisville team and Iowa lost to the top ranked and defending FCS champion. Despite those losses they will both remain in the T25. We nearly lost to another unranked team. I feel far more "relieved" than in a state of enjoyment.

FSU lost to a very good Louisville team and Iowa lost to the top ranked and defending FCS champion. Despite those losses they will both remain in the T25. We nearly lost to another unranked team. I feel far more "relieved" than in a state of enjoyment.

We're certainly not in a place yet to worry about how good a win is. We have to take them how we get them.

Young team making the mistakes young players make. Overall, I think this team is improving. Offense is way ahead of last season and my guess is only a fraction of it is operational at this stage. Need an infusion of talent at OL and LB, perhaps some on the DL, too. Fans need to show some patience. Think back to where we thought this program would end up a few days after those effing sanctions were announced.

Reactions: canuckhal

FSU didn't lose. The 'Noles got CRUSHED and saw their hopes of making the playoffs virtually destroyed.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT