ADVERTISEMENT

Game Thread: PSU - Temple

Tom McAndrew

May 29, 2001
post comments about the game as replies

We Are ...

... celebrating the Grand Experiment

stadium looks better than I expected doing the stripes (on TV).

upper deck of the North endzone looks spotty, and some of the student section seems thin, but the rest of the place looks packed (again, on TV).

Dick Honig rules analyst..."it's easy, the call goes against Penn State".

Temple wins the toss, and defers

Polk with a return to PSU's 43. Late flag. Late hit on Temple, 15 yard penalty. Good call.

First snap is at Temple's 43, and Barkley with an 8-yard to start things off.

and Barkley limped off the field after the run, so Mark Allen enters the gain and gets the 1st.

ugh, threw it out of bounds on 1st down, Allen stopped for no gain on 2nd. screen pass of almost no gain on 3rd down. so PSU is punting, after starting the drive on Temple's side of the field. :(

punt downed inside the 1st!

Not thrilled with the offensive start. Obviously not good to lose Barkley. But McSorley did his roll to the left -- where virtually nothing good can happen -- and we called multiple inside handoffs with a micro-back. Still waiting for the unvailing of (dare I say it) a pitchout. Or do we want our RB confronting a lineman two yards deep in the backfield rather than getting the ball on the edge with some speed already built up?

I thought Trace was too short to play QB, that he was never going to see receivers, that every pass was going to get knocked down at the line of scrimmage.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT