ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball GAME THREAD: Penn State vs. Texas in round two of the 2023 NCAA Tournament

ESPN gives us a 20.8% chance. I think it's better than that.

Slow start for the offense. Texas guarding Pickett, Funk, and Lundy tight at the perimeter.

Not a great start. We look out of sorts on both offense and defense. Need to swap out some players to spread the floor

Henn missed 2 shots and now fumbled two tipped passes. Ugh!

0-5 on threes isn’t going to help…then throw in 3 turnovers from Pickett and it’s not a good start.

Reactions: bdgan
Texas has a bunch of guys that can hit mid to short range jumpers. … they have a 2 point offense which is something we Struggle in, and you desperately need when you're not hitting from the outside

Nice to see the resurgence of Dread. Wynter playing well. Defense is lunging at ball handlers allowing them to head fake and step in for open mid range shots.

Reactions: Online Persona
Very tough half.

Pickett 0 assists and 5 turnovers.
Funk & Lundy both 0-4 shooting.
Disu averages 8.5 pts but already has 12.

It doesn't help that Texas gets the ball to start the 2nd half.

Last edited:
Reactions: Online Persona
Very tough half.

Pickett 0 assists and 5 turnovers.
Funk & Lundy both 0-4 shooting.
Disu averages 8.5 pts but already has 12.

It doesn't help that Texas gets the ball to start the 2nd half.
i feel like we will have a run in the 2nd

Funk and Lundy won't end with zero

We were lucky to stick around in first half...I was hoping to be in the -4 range. Double that and biggest deficit not ideal- but still doable if we make some shots.

The announcers keep talking up the UT d...but we are missing shots and crapping the bed. Jalen missed alley oop vs making a simple pass for a flush epitomizes that.

Funk missing the first wide open shot of the game was a bad omen. Stopping the Texas stars from scoring may be harder than us getting our flow.

Go State!

It’s funny, we averaged 16 team fouls a game during Big 10 play, yet we only had 8 fouls against A&M and only 4 tonight. I know, they call it even against us in conference play and if we question it, we’re just conspiracy theorists.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT