ADVERTISEMENT

Football GAME THREAD: Penn State vs. Michigan State

Anyone else positive they will convert this?

they have had all day to throw on 3rd and 4th down so far so I expect that to continue

Looks like it is going to come down to Stoudts missed kicks again. This young man has cost his team a few times this year. But a lot of blame to go around. Clifford starting did give me pause. He is a sitting duck.

Hey guys, but it is a close loss and the team really tried hard. Where’s our participation medal? What is our record since Franklin’s elite speech?

Looks like it is going to come down to Stoudts missed kicks again. This young man has cost his team a few times this year. But a lot of blame to go around. Clifford starting did give me pause. He is a sitting duck.

Clifford hasn't been the problem. OL blocking on 3rd and 4th and short is killing us.

Absolutely, no heart !!!!! Before today, I would have thought it impossible to give up so many 3rd/long and 4th/ long. Pitiful!!
Keep reading the headlines boys. 😩

End of the day players need to make plays. Don’t think the play calling has been great today but at the end of the day it comes down to execution. Going to be an interesting offseason. A lot of soul searching to be done.

Reactions: 1AA
No excuses, guys.

That 4th down and long for the clinching Spartan TD in the 4th quarter is the hallmark of Franklin's tenure.

I'm not saying it's his fault. I don't know whose fault it is. But it never seems to end.

Oh well, at least we beat Maryland and Rutgers.

I have refrained from getting involved in this debate but those who have defended Franklin need to stop. He may be a good guy and a great recruiter but he simply cannot coach on game day and apparently can’t hire others that can keep him out of his own way. There is no righteous universe where he is worth the contract he just got. Rip away at me , put me on ignore but I am a long time poster who has been hoping for the best and I am not a flamer. If you can’t see what’s going on right now you simply don’t want to.

End of the day players need to make plays. Don’t think the play calling has been great today but at the end of the day it comes down to execution. Going to be an interesting offseason. A lot of soul searching to be done.

So trying to run when the coaches know it's an issue is on the players?? My god it game 13 it's time we stop "keep working on the run game". Pass the damn ball against the worst secondary in CFB. Hell MSU isn't having a problem passing the ball.

Reactions: Novalions
After last year’s debacle I didn’t think it could get worse, but this team lacks focus and a killer instinct in games that matter. What a horrendous performance today. Why is every 4th down call such a stupid call? This coaching staff plain sucks at getting the most out of the team

Reactions: Novalions
I have refrained from getting involved in this debate but those who have defended Franklin need to stop. He may be a good guy and a great recruiter but he simply cannot coach on game day and apparently can’t hire others that can keep him out of his own way. There is no righteous universe where he is worth the contract he just got. Rip away at me , put me on ignore but I am a long time poster who has been hoping for the best and I am not a flamer. If you can’t see what’s going on right now you simply don’t want to.
He’s not a good guy, and everyone knew this from his Vanderbilt actions, and having players fake injuries.

• Haha
Reactions: Nostraduzzi
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT