ADVERTISEMENT

Game experience at Northwestern-- heart ripped out!!

PA college fan

Jun 26, 2001
Was here on work trip--- took uber to game-- walked around-- invited to tailgate with best tailgate in NW parking area with Tim and Scott Penn State guys--thanks for Yeungling and Lite-- walked around area-- can't really call it campus-- found one bar-- Bluestone-- rest of NW was lame- not a college area. Stopped at NW store and made my Saquon sign-- It's a bird.....It's a plane...It's Saquon!!
Penn State Proud!! Got 1st row tix in stubhub in Psu section 2 days ago-- right in front of Nittany Lion and Cheerleaders!! Gave my extra tix to new friend Scott!! We should have won-- when you get to first and 10 on 30 with 7-8 min left- you run the damn ball with Akeel Lynch with Barkley out-and kick a fg- I really think we would have won game with a FG after 3 straight runs- we had NW on ropes!! Love Franklin as a human being and recruiter, but he is a frustrating game manager.

In shock after game, and 3 beers at Bluestone improved my spirits-- half Penn Staters at bar. PSU Class of 82, and I have to credit NW fans as among best people In Big 10 for away game. It's hard to know if they know that they won that game--- not Happy Valley at all, but nice people. Took uber back to hotel and early morning flight to Philly. It is what it is-- Saquon is a stud, Oline is bad, Hack is good and bad-- his lack of accuracy and touch on short passes is so frustrating.. Defense gave up some bad runs and passes-- Grant Haleydropped 2 ints-- either one would have won the game. I do think we will
Be so much better in next few years once Franklin gets his studs in Oline and our new kickers. I still have hope in the Beaver Stadium magic for Senior Day and Whiteout, and 8-4 is ok for this year. It is what it is!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT