ADVERTISEMENT

Game 7: Indiana, @ Indiana, 3:30 pm EDT, ABC

84-7 good guys.

Due to the huge Hansford loss

Mcsorley starts at DT and Clifford plays QB

Stevens plays Mike LB with a bedazzled walking boot.

I thought we would beat up Sparty, and still have a tough game against Indiana ... now, Im even more worried

Will be making my first trip for a PSU true road game (I don't count Temple at the Vet). It's lost a little of the luster thanks to the MSU loss but hopefully, they can find their footing again and roll the Hoosiers. Given the amount of trouble that IU likes to give them over the years at Bloomington/Indy, I'm expecting it to be a bit of a stressball like Illinois was for a half.

Will be making my first trip for a PSU true road game (I don't count Temple at the Vet). It's lost a little of the luster thanks to the MSU loss but hopefully, they can find their footing again and roll the Hoosiers. Given the amount of trouble that IU likes to give them over the years at Bloomington/Indy, I'm expecting it to be a bit of a stressball like Illinois was for a half.
Good location for parking and tailgating. Suggestion -- check out Assembly Hall, the IU basketball arena that was re-done 2 years ago. It's close to the stadium and has some great displays.

Reactions: LeatherHelmets
Why do people say stuff like this? They beat BOB once, in 2013.

There have been some tough games there. Off the top of my head, 96, 2000 (in Indianapolis), 04, 07, 13, and 16. 94 was one of the tougher games that year too.

I'll help your memory...

2016 -- Penn State wins 45-31 but needed a scoop & score with under 2 minutes left for the final margin of victory. IU had the lead for much of the game and on the strength of Barkley and a neatly executed flea flicker in the 4th quarter, PSU was up 38-31 when they got the sack/fumble/touchdown. So...IU had the ball late with a chance to tie. I'd say that was a stressful game.

2014 -- Penn State wins 13-7. Don't remember anything about this game but judging by the score -- stressball.

2013 -- Indiana gets their only win of the series 44-24.

2011 -- Penn State wins 16-10. No recollection of this one but again, a 1-score game.

2007 -- Penn State wins 36-31. I'm sensing a trend here, right?

2004 -- Penn State wins 22-18 when IU goes all JoePa in the 79 Sugar Bowl and PSU has a goal line stand for the ages that is the springboard for looking ahead to the fun of 2005. Fun fact -- this game was on Cox Sports TV here in Florida and because the game ran so long, they switched to some SEC game at 3:30 and I missed the last 2 plays of the goal line stand.

2002 -- Finally, an outlier in this wild generalization that I made. Penn State rolls 58-25 behind 8,000 yards from LJ (maybe an exaggeration).

2000 -- The Antwaan Randle-El game at the Hoosier Dome. Penn State escapes 27-24.

1996 -- Blah...another PSU blowout...EDIT!!! Indiana was up 20-10 at halftime before PSU decided to wake up and blow the doors off them in the 2nd half.

1994 -- The game that everyone points at as to why we didn't get the MNC. Blew them out the whole game and IU got a pair of garbage TDs against the walk-ons, including a TD and 2-pointer at the buzzer to make it the final 6-point margin. Pollsters only saw the score and penalized PSU and the rest is history.

So, Mr. @mgkpsu, we say stuff like this because it's TRUE. 8 of the 10 PSU-IU games played in the state of Indiana have been stressful for us PSU fans. Saturday's game SHOULDN'T be since IU got hammered by Iowa last week but hey, that's why they play the games.

And now, I'm going to go back to making more radical generalized statements that have no proof.

Last edited:
The 96 game ended up being a blowout but I’m pretty sure IU was leading at the half. Wally Richardson was benched in favor of McQueary.

I'll help your memory...

2016 -- Penn State wins 45-31 but needed a scoop & score with under 2 minutes left for the final margin of victory. IU had the lead for much of the game and on the strength of Barkley and a neatly executed flea flicker in the 4th quarter, PSU was up 38-31 when they got the sack/fumble/touchdown. So...IU had the ball late with a chance to tie. I'd say that was a stressful game.

2014 -- Penn State wins 13-7. Don't remember anything about this game but judging by the score -- stressball.

2011 -- Penn State wins 16-10. No recollection of this one but again, a 1-score game.

2004 -- Penn State wins 22-18 when IU goes all JoePa in the 79 Sugar Bowl and PSU has a goal line stand for the ages that is the springboard for looking ahead to the fun of 2005. Fun fact -- this game was on Cox Sports TV here in Florida and because the game ran so long, they switched to some SEC game at 3:30 and I missed the last 2 plays of the goal line stand.

2002 -- Finally, an outlier in this wild generalization that I made. Penn State rolls 58-25 behind 8,000 yards from LJ (maybe an exaggeration).

2000 -- The Antwaan Randle-El game at the Hoosier Dome. Penn State escapes 27-24.

1996 -- Blah...another PSU blowout...EDIT!!! Indiana was up 20-10 at halftime before PSU decided to wake up and blow the doors off them in the 2nd half.

1994 -- The game that everyone points at as to why we didn't get the MNC. Blew them out the whole game and IU got a pair of garbage TDs against the walk-ons, including a TD and 2-pointer at the buzzer to make it the final 6-point margin. Pollsters only saw the score and penalized PSU and the rest is history.

So, Mr. @mgkpsu, we say stuff like this because it's TRUE. 8 of the 10 PSU-IU games played in the state of Indiana have been stressful for us PSU fans. Saturday's game SHOULDN'T be since IU got hammered by Iowa last week but hey, that's why they play the games.

And now, I'm going to go back to making more radical generalized statements that have no proof.

So how many times did Paterno screw the team by deciding to play "Mr. Nice Guy" and take the foot off the gas peddle?! It used to really pizz me off knowing the pollsters would use it as an excuse to lower the team's standings in the polls.

The Urban Meyers of the CFB world had to be laughing their azzes off. Like I've stated before: "When in Rome, do as the Romans do." Save the "goody two shoes" routine for when an old lady needs help opening a door, or needs assistance crossing the street. This is tackle football for Chryss sake!

Last edited:
I'll help your memory...

Excellent summary. Condensing this a bit further:

We've played at Indiana 10 times since joining the B1G. I'm going to exclude 1994, when we had a once-in-a-generation-type-great team. And in 2002, we blew them out. But in the other 8 games, we've either:

(1) won by only 1 score (2000, 2004, 2007, 2008, 2014) or

(2) won by multiple scores despite being down multiple scores in the 3rd quarter (1996, 2016) or

(3) lost (2013).

-------------

FWIW, I'm jealous that you have no memories of the 2014 PSU @ Indiana game. I happened to be there. So many punts. We also had a drive where we had 3 separate first-and-goals and scored 0 points. IU's only TD was on a hideous Hack pick-six, our only TD was on a Bill Belton 92-yard-run (at the time, the longest in PSU history!) out of literally nowhere. Take that out and we averaged about 1.5 per rush.

Last edited:
I'll help your memory...

So the fact that we're 8-1 all-time at Bloomington is irrelevant to you? Congratulations for manipulating storylines in an attempt to illustrate the point you're trying to prove.

Not that I believe the results from prior years matter at all, you conveniently skipped over:

2010 - 17 Point victory
2008 - 27 Point victory
2002 - 33 Point victory

Bottom line, regardless of whether they played over their heads once in a blue moon in order to stay within a touchdown or two, is that we have owned the Hoosiers in their house, and they are on a lower tier as a program. A win is a win, so save the "Whoah is us!" crap for someone else. We have been in real danger against that team very few times.

So the fact that we're 8-1 all-time at Bloomington is irrelevant to you? Congratulations for manipulating storylines in an attempt to illustrate the point you're trying to prove.

Not that I believe the results from prior years matter at all, you conveniently skipped over:

2010 - 17 Point victory
2008 - 27 Point victory
2002 - 33 Point victory

Bottom line, regardless of whether they played over their heads once in a blue moon in order to stay within a touchdown or two, is that we have owned the Hoosiers in their house, and they are on a lower tier as a program. A win is a win, so save the "Whoah is us!" crap for someone else. We have been in real danger against that team very few times.

I probably should know better than to waste precious bandwidth even conversing with someone like you who doesn’t get it, but I’m feeling frisky today...

My statement in my original post that you had an issue with — Given the amount of trouble that IU likes to give them over the years at Bloomington/Indy, I'm expecting it to be a bit of a stressball like Illinois was for a half.

I then painstakingly went thru alllllll the years PSU played at IU to show that while PSU almost always won, most of the games were still tight. You questioned why I said what I said. I backed it up. I wasn’t ‘woe (proper spelling, I’m not a horse) is me’...far from it. Just saying that I didn’t expect it to be the blowout that maybe it should be. Trust me, I prefer low-stress blowouts.

Now please, comprehend what you read and start a fire with someone else. I’ve spent far more time than the chairman has allotted.

Reactions: psu2016 and PSUcup1
I probably should know better than to waste precious bandwidth even conversing with someone like you who doesn’t get it, but I’m feeling frisky today...

My statement in my original post that you had an issue with — Given the amount of trouble that IU likes to give them over the years at Bloomington/Indy, I'm expecting it to be a bit of a stressball like Illinois was for a half.

I then painstakingly went thru alllllll the years PSU played at IU to show that while PSU almost always won, most of the games were still tight. You questioned why I said what I said. I backed it up. I wasn’t ‘woe (proper spelling, I’m not a horse) is me’...far from it. Just saying that I didn’t expect it to be the blowout that maybe it should be. Trust me, I prefer low-stress blowouts.

Now please, comprehend what you read and start a fire with someone else. I’ve spent far more time than the chairman has allotted.
I don't care if it's a 1 point win or a 50 point win- Indiana has beaten us once, so until they do it consistently, like MSU, OSU, or Michigan, they are only "giving us trouble" in your sissified mind. There is another entire tier of teams like Wisconsin and Iowa before I start to fret over the likes of the Hoosiers, but to each their own. Don't act like you were stating some kind of irrefutable fact in the first place, or that you have some sort of intellectual superiority. You must be a big "eye test" guy too.

I don't care if it's a 1 point win or a 50 point win- Indiana has beaten us once, so until they do it consistently, like MSU, OSU, or Michigan, they are only "giving us trouble" in your sissified mind. There is another entire tier of teams like Wisconsin and Iowa before I start to fret over the likes of the Hoosiers, but to each their own. Don't act like you were stating some kind of irrefutable fact in the first place, or that you have some sort of intellectual superiority. You must be a big "eye test" guy too.

OK, I'll put it in simpler terms -- GFY

OK, I'll put it in simpler terms -- GFY
DpcH5OVU0AURbCL.jpg

Another game at Indiana and yet another stressball. This one bigger than some of the others.

But hey, I’m just from the woe is me crowd. :rolleyes:

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT