ADVERTISEMENT

GA St Attendance?

Nittanygrad93

Dec 1, 2016
It appears to be turning into a big recruiting weekend. What is a realistic expectation for the actual attendance? Not the announced attendance, but the actual people in the stadium. It seems like it could be a tough draw. It doesn't offer much appeal to the people who might make a round trip commute in the same day.

It appears to be turning into a big recruiting weekend. What is a realistic expectation for the actual attendance? Not the announced attendance, but the actual people in the stadium. It seems like it could be a tough draw. It doesn't offer much appeal to the people who might make a round trip commute in the same day.
And depending on where you live, a 730 kick off might play into that also.

It's not a sellout, 4,000 electronic tickets on ticketmaster (hard tickets got removed yesterday), so probably not good. They were $25 on ticketmaster before the hard tickets got removed, idiots locally (at work and whatnot) all trying to sell their tickets for $64/$55 (face value) and won't come down at all. "I paid face value, so I won't sell for less." Same people who were charging $225/ticket last week would rather eat their tickets than sell them for market value.

Reactions: Cpeplion
Night games suck. I'll probably go anyway. I just hope we play well enough that I can exit early.

It's not a sellout, 4,000 electronic tickets on ticketmaster (hard tickets got removed yesterday), so probably not good. They were $25 on ticketmaster before the hard tickets got removed, idiots locally (at work and whatnot) all trying to sell their tickets for $64/$55 (face value) and won't come down at all. "I paid face value, so I won't sell for less." Same people who were charging $225/ticket last week would rather eat their tickets than sell them for market value.
THEN EAT THEM. Supply and Demand works both ways.

Going with 85k-90k solely cause a night game vs pretty poor team that is 0-1 with a loss to Tenn. State
-If would have been night game vs an average Big Ten team, 90k-100k
-If night game vs a good team (OSU, Mich, etc.), 105k+

I suspect if a blowout by halftime, then mass exodus. That could create parking lot jam again.
So the advice is stay at least to the 3rd quarter then go.

Franklin knows this: been tweeting about needing #107k in the stands. Not happening.

Whatever the actual attendance is, you can be sure the announced attendance is at least 10,000 more.

I went to PSU undergrad and am currently a law student at PSU-Dickinson. It is all University Day, so the law school is sending a bus up and selling 1/2 priced tickets and still only a few people from here are going -- I blew my Saturday last week for Pitt, no problem, but I can't rationalize blowing this Saturday for Georgia State. I won't be in attendance, and do not expect too many to be (especially if it rains) - I still don't understand why BTN made this a night game, that will definitely hurt attendance in this case (aka not a big name or anywhere near a decent game).

- I still don't understand why BTN made this a night game, that will definitely hurt attendance in this case (aka not a big name or anywhere near a decent game).

BTN doesn't care about butts in seats. They care about eyeballs on the TV.

Reactions: psuguy43
Night game + GA St. as the opponent= terrible crowd. I mean just look at this board this week. It's been dead, because there is just no excitement for this game. It's why I really dislike games like this. We get 12 regular season games a year, after waiting 8 months with no football, and 2 games into the season we have this joke of a game. And we have App. St. and Idaho to look forward to in upcoming years. I understand the budgeting realities. But I'm a fan and as a fan I say Penn State has no business playing GA St. or App. St. or Idaho or any of these other programs that don't come close to offering legitimate competition.

Ok, I'm off my soap box.

I'm viewing this game about the same as a Blue & White game. Estimated attendance for our 2017 scrimmage was 71k so I'll start there. Since the game is against such a low quality opponent that would normally be a game to bring family / kids, but since it's a night game that will likely not happen, -5,000. Students will show strong b/c it's a night game, but not strong enough to fill their section so that's a push from the BW game. Toss in people unwilling to accept less than face value for their tickets and it's another -5,000. So my guess is 60k at kick and 30k by the end of Q3 - with the BTN showing wide angle shots all night long to rub it in.

Also, it's the 3rd consecutive weekend for a game. I hate the schedules...home games almost every weekend in September and then only 1 in October.
There have been years in the past when there were four consecutive home games. You're right. It sucks. As much as I love attending games, three (or four) consecutive weekends is a lot to ask from fans especially for the paycheck games. ICA doesn't care though. As long as they have our money they don't care if we show up or not.

There have been years in the past when there were four consecutive home games. You're right. It sucks. As much as I love attending games, three (or four) consecutive weekends is a lot to ask from fans especially for the paycheck games. ICA doesn't care though. As long as they have our money they don't care if we show up or not.

Five in a row last year or the year before. Dreadful.

I think we'll be pleasantly surprised by attendance tomorrow. If this were 3:30 game, I could have seen 103k+ given the weather, team is 2-0 and top 5, etc.

Biggest hit is going to be from the day trippers that come in from 2-4 hrs away, and can't blame them for not wanting to put up with the late night trip home. Probably looking at announced attendance similar to Akron when all is said and done.

There are some positives.. a lot of people who can't afford tickets get an opportunity to get good tickets for a good price. A lot of people will give their tickets away to friends or family that will enjoy them. They'll get to see a game under the lights which is always cool. They will get to see a win. Our backups should get plenty of work and they are actually good football players.. it's going to be a beautiful day and night for football. I don't expect to see the place packed or people to stay the whole game but it's another chance to watch our number 5 team in the country wrap up the non-conference schedule and get ready to get down to business next week in Iowa. Tomorrow night will be a different kind of fun. I'm going.. we only get 7 home games a year and after tomorrow, there's only 4 left.

If we get 80,000 fans to show up on a Saturday night to watch a glorified scrimmage we should be proud. It will be one of the highest football (college or pro) attendances in the country this weekend.

We could be pitt who will get around 10,000 fans to attend their game against a top 10 opponent. Their lack of fan support is astounding.

dt.common.streams.StreamServer.cls

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT