ADVERTISEMENT

Funny thing is Pitt started 13 Seniors

NJPSU

May 29, 2001
Good lord, looking over their depth chart they will be replacing more than half their starters next year. Penn State, on the other hand, is extremely young and return a boatload of talent in 2019. Kinda cracks me up hearing about Narduzzi already talking about next year’s game. The guy is obsessed with Franklin.

Our biggest loss will be Trace. The next 2 men up look to be pretty good, though.

Good lord, looking over their depth chart they will be replacing more than half their starters next year. Penn State, on the other hand, is extremely young and return a boatload of talent in 2019. Kinda cracks me up hearing about Narduzzi already talking about next year’s game. The guy is obsessed with Franklin.
We’ve been posting for the last two years that we have left Pitt behind. Last night proved that so I certainly hope we don’t have a bunch of negative nellies on here next year worrying about the Pitt game. It’s at home and it really is just like playing Akron.

They only have 1 junior starter (Hamlin). I see lots of JUCO transfers next year.

http://www.ourlads.com/ncaa-football-depth-charts/depth-chart/pittsburgh/91694

I usually root for Pitt to lose each week but I’m thinking I actually think the best scenario for PSU is that they eek out 6 wins and keep Narduzzi.

He can’t recruit so It’s in our best interest that he stays.

I usually root for Pitt to lose each week but I’m thinking I actually think the best scenario for PSU is that they eek out 6 wins and keep Narduzzi.

Pitt, you ain't going to be seeing them no more.
35.jpg

Lack of depth behind those seniors showed in the special teams for Pitt.

The biggest issue with pitt's 13 senior starters is that too many of them are 1st year starters. They were not good enough to start their first 4 years at pitt, and now that Duzzy's abysmal recruiting has gone on for 4 years these seniors are starters by process of elimination and are not talented enough to start on a winning team.

If Duzzy has any hidden talent he should replace a number of these seniors that are not getting the job done (just like CJF should do with a linebacker or two), but Duzzy probably can't sit many of them due to not having any young talent to play in their places........

Last edited:
The biggest issue with pitt's 13 senior starters is that too many of them are 1st year starters. They were not good enough to start their first 4 years at pitt, and now that Duzzy's abysmal recruiting has gone on for 4 years these seniors are starters by process of elimination and are not talented enough to start on a winning team.

If Duzzy has any hidden talent he should replace a number of these seniors that are not getting the job done (just like CJF should do with a linebacker or two), but Duzzy probably can't sit many of them due to no having any young talent to play in their places........
That's pretty much it.

Where was Paris Ford? We've been hearing all about how he's the greatest two-way threat since Charles Woodson. I guess they're saving him for Georgia Tech.

They signed him to a seven year extension. He’s there for the long haul. Not even sure they could afford to buy him out.

Yes. We need him to stay.

That's pretty much it.

Where was Paris Ford? We've been hearing all about how he's the greatest two-way threat since Charles Woodson. I guess they're saving him for Georgia Tech.
On suspension? Injured? Can't figure out the playbook? Silence from Narduzzi about that and Narduzzi has never been accused of not running his mouth.

Reactions: Fox Chapel Lion II

After last night this may be good for Pitt

Pitt IMO will never return at least in our lifetimes to become a powerhouse for one big reason. That is that most in Pgh don't give a crap about Pitt football. Not long ago Pitt held a banquet for Pitt sports including as speakers Ditka, Dorsett, Marino and others. As told to me by a former Pitt standout who was in attendance, they failed miserably to sell out the event. As well, making the decision to play games off campus in a Rent-a-stadium situation broadcasts to fans that Pitt football is an after thought as concerns the school.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT