ADVERTISEMENT

Funny How This Board turns into a Rerun of 'The Vagina Monologues after every close loss....

Worst. Fan base. Ever.
Right…which is why 100,000+ will show up against a putrid Indiana game Saturday.

The natives are a bit restless as Franklin has maxed out and the program has capability to do better.

Um, yeah it does count…check the final score. And it was hardly a garbage TD. Not to mention it was 13-6 late into the game….that’s not a blow out no matter how much you want it to be.

Down a score with around 8 minutes left and going for a long 4th down in your own territory? That's infuriating. The 2 pt attemp, while irrelevant, was only slightly less stupid.

Down a score with around 8 minutes left and going for a long 4th down in your own territory? That's infuriating. The 2 pt attemp, while irrelevant, was only slightly less stupid.
I also disagreed with the fourth down call, but the two point attempt was the right call if you’re playing for the win.

I also disagreed with the fourth down call, but the two point attempt was the right call if you’re playing for the win.

I disagree, the 2 pt conversion is best left to any potential 2nd td. You don't really gain any momentum getting it right away, but you risk deflating your team while giving the other team a boost. Make it and the other team still knows it has to stop a td. Miss it and the other team knows it has an additional play even if they give up a td. What about a penalty in scenario 2? Just switch to kick and go to OT. That option completely goes away with a missed 2 pt on first td. IMHO you also want that 2 pt play when you're at maximum emotion, energy, and momentum and the defense is most on its heel.

Reactions: katchthis
I disagree, the 2 pt conversion is best left to any potential 2nd td. You don't really gain any momentum getting it right away, but you risk deflating your team while giving the other team a boost. Make it and the other team still knows it has to stop a td. Miss it and the other team knows it has an additional play even if they give up a td. What about a penalty in scenario 2? Just switch to kick and go to OT. That option completely goes away with a missed 2 pt on first td. IMHO you also want that 2 pt play when you're at maximum emotion, energy, and momentum and the defense is most on its heel.
Differing opinions, but that doesn’t mean one is right and one is wrong, it’s just an opinion. Same thing with Franklin making the decision, it was what he felt was the best decision….it had no impact on the game, so it’s meaningless.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT