ADVERTISEMENT

FRL - Ollie

Agreed. I was surprised Ben was not notified before the show about it. Pyles definitely was not happy about the question. I wish Ben would have not let CP weasel his way out of it so quickly. He should have asked him for a better explanation. Haha. I could not even imagine working under that guy. I do not mind Ben for the most part, he is funny and brings great wrestling insight, but it will never be as good as it was when Willie was there.

Wasn’t it like 2 weeks ago where they basically did a 30 minute special on who he was because “everyone kept asking about the funny new guy”?

• Haha
Reactions: mizzoufan90
Agreed. I was surprised Ben was not notified before the show about it. Pyles definitely was not happy about the question. I wish Ben would have not let CP weasel his way out of it so quickly. He should have asked him for a better explanation. Haha. I could not even imagine working under that guy. I do not mind Ben for the most part, he is funny and brings great wrestling insight, but it will never be as good as it was when Willie was there.
What was it like on video? Audio only was AWKWARD

What was it like on video? Audio only was AWKWARD
Well they kept panning back between Ben and CP when it was asked, and you could see Pyles face was like "WTF Ben". Like he did not want to even address it, and you could see on his face it was awkward. I have been watching this show for many years, I miss some here and there especially since Willie is gone, but I can see right threw what type of person Pyles is.

Wasn’t it like 2 weeks ago where they basically did a 30 minute special on who he was because “everyone kept asking about the funny new guy”?
Haha. Yes. I do remember he was gone for a week or two? Then came back and he was all involved and very vocal and a big part of that show. Wrestling related I am not sure he brought much insight to the show. Definitely not a needed person for that show. I rarely watch the Bader show, but its weird to see that one guy just sit there quietly and barely say a thing.

I been listening to a bunch of the Baschmania podcasts with Vincenzo as the cohost. I really enjoy listening to those guys. Joseph is very likeable and seems to be a down to earth guy. Just watched the episode today with Imar today, really good stuff. Cenzo said he will be announcing some news in the near future with what's going on with his future.

Reactions: Dogwelder
LOL BEN. When he asked, CP was not prepared at all. Truly awkward.

if you must know, I told Ollie about this thread and when he read it he got upset and quit the show with tears in his eyes. CP did not want to discuss it because he didn't want to talk about how Ollie cried in front of the whole office and he didn't tell Ben about it for the same reason. I hope everyone is happy now.

if you must know, I told Ollie about this thread and when he read it he got upset and quit the show with tears in his eyes. CP did not want to discuss it because he didn't want to talk about how Ollie cried in front of the whole office and he didn't tell Ben about it for the same reason. I hope everyone is happy now.
1:40

Sounds like you really dropped the ball there

Reactions: Cali_Nittany
giphy.gif

Jeeze, first Willie, then Nomad, now losing bratke and Ollie... y’all are just a revolving door over there, then again i feel like CP could have a slight Napoleon complex with usually being the only one on the show that hasn’t wrestled

• Haha
I assume Ollie still works there, just not on FRL anymore? (Although I haven’t listened to yesterday’s show)

So Spey, you're the reason for him being off the show.

• Haha
Reactions: PABulldogs
Link or it didn’t happen. :)

Reactions: danoftw
yes, and I feel terrible about it. especially because Ollie checked on this thread again this morning and saw how I told you all about him crying in the office and now he won't speak to me anymore. I fear our friendship is permanently damaged.
I feel that your comedy posts have too much Andy Kaufman and not enough Jim Carrey. More easy laughs, please. :)

Last edited:
Open letter to Ollie;
Dude, nobody here or at FLO, specifically Spey, intended to hurt you. You were behind the 8-ball from the beginning on this thread because you were on a show that Willie used to be on. He has a lot of followers here, as well as in other parts of the wrestling world. That said, we also beat the shit out of him occasionally, even though we like him.
I don't know if the decision not to do FRL was yours, or a company decision. If it was your decision, my advice to you is this; Give FRL another chance. More important, give Spey another chance. Friendships mean more than anything, and friendships that survive hardship are the best of all.
Perceived failures are what make us what we are. They can change you for the better or worse. Learn from it and make it for the better.
One other bit of advice is, don't let criticism cut you that deeply. If you are going to put yourself out there in the media, you are going to have to develop a thick skin. All comics have been booed off the stage. All singers have forgotten the words. Spey is wrong with his rankings almost all the time. Even Kevin Costner has made millions in the movie business and he sucks.
Good luck moving forward and cut Spey some slack. He's not as bad as his rankings would indicate.

Open letter to Ollie;
Dude, nobody here or at FLO, specifically Spey, intended to hurt you. You were behind the 8-ball from the beginning on this thread because you were on a show that Willie used to be on. He has a lot of followers here, as well as in other parts of the wrestling world. That said, we also beat the shit out of him occasionally, even though we like him.
I don't know if the decision not to do FRL was yours, or a company decision. If it was your decision, my advice to you is this; Give FRL another chance. More important, give Spey another chance. Friendships mean more than anything, and friendships that survive hardship are the best of all.
Perceived failures are what make us what we are. They can change you for the better or worse. Learn from it and make it for the better.
One other bit of advice is, don't let criticism cut you that deeply. If you are going to put yourself out there in the media, you are going to have to develop a thick skin. All comics have been booed off the stage. All singers have forgotten the words. Spey is wrong with his rankings almost all the time. Even Kevin Costner has made millions in the movie business and he sucks.
Good luck moving forward and cut Spey some slack. He's not as bad as his rankings would indicate.
So you think Spey’s posts today were serious and not sarcastic deadpan jokes? 🧐

FRL needs a complete reboot. This whole 3x shows a week lasting in excess of an hour doesn't make much sense.

Less is more. Go around 30 minutes per episode and concentrate on a few topics. Yesterday's episode featured 133lb tiers. Why are we talking about 133lb tiers when the college season doesn't start for 7-8 months from now?

FRL also has a terrible habit of rotating in these random dudes like Ollie that add zero to the show. Like cool, you have a strong East Coast accent and are sarcastic.

I liked Willie on the show because A.) He would say crazy stuff and B.) He was the main recruiting guy that had insights on all the high schoolers.

FRL needs a main host that can successfully progress through topics and keep things professional. I guess that Pyles even though he can come across like a know-it-all. Askren to have the elite athlete's perspective and then a third person who is opinionated, informed on recruiting, and willing to get a bit nutty at times.

Right now Pyles is the main opinionated one while also trying to drive the show. It doesn't work.

Either way, I got to take a shot at his shitty rankings, right?
I guess it can’t hurt. Still, the next time Stand with Pride roasts you with a zinger, I might give you relationship advice, just to be a wise ass! :)

Last edited:
FRL needs a complete reboot. This whole 3x shows a week lasting in excess of an hour doesn't make much sense.

Less is more. Go around 30 minutes per episode and concentrate on a few topics. Yesterday's episode featured 133lb tiers. Why are we talking about 133lb tiers when the college season doesn't start for 7-8 months from now?

FRL also has a terrible habit of rotating in these random dudes like Ollie that add zero to the show. Like cool, you have a strong East Coast accent and are sarcastic.

I liked Willie on the show because A.) He would say crazy stuff and B.) He was the main recruiting guy that had insights on all the high schoolers.

FRL needs a main host that can successfully progress through topics and keep things professional. I guess that Pyles even though he can come across like a know-it-all. Askren to have the elite athlete's perspective and then a third person who is opinionated, informed on recruiting, and willing to get a bit nutty at times.

Right now Pyles is the main opinionated one while also trying to drive the show. It doesn't work.
Love the 3x per week. More is better - I can always skip stuff I don’t care about (like topics about how bad folkstyle is, but fortunately the main culprit of that, Nomad, is gone). As an aside, many folkstyle haters sound like they just sucked at mat wrestling. Either get better on your own or go to camps in Pa and learn it.

My favorite thing about Willie was when he would get fired up and run out of breath near the end of a rant. That, plus the recruiting angle, and his Russian accent.

With Ollie gone, I just hope I’ve heard the last of that tired from the start hand fighting bit. That was as funny as an ingrown toenail

Reactions: tewlepz
The power of the message board. Now can we get Bratke’s replacement off the show as well?! Dude croaks like a frog and talks WAYYYY too much. Speak when spoken to and leave the rest to Pyles and Askren.

JD Rader seems like upgrade over both Ollie and Bratke.
I’m leery of the Iowa connection. I know he’s from near Ames, but still. You think Bratke was subtly biased? Many of these Midwesterners still can’t cotton to the eastern power shift brought on by Cael.

Anything’s better than a guy who sounds and acts like a doofus from Coney Island calling into WFAN to talk to Mike Francesca

FRL kinda sucks right now. It’s wrestling info so I Take it in which is all I care about. Ollie got old quick, JD is kinda blah. I can actually deal with Pyles. Askren brings interesting takes and is smart but the whole thing isn’t a great mix in my opinion. I do like Bray when he’s on. Would be interested to see Klingman on there. Willie was great. Very glad Nomad is gone.

FRL kinda sucks right now. It’s wrestling info so I Take it in which is all I care about. Ollie got old quick, JD is kinda blah. I can actually deal with Pyles. Askren brings interesting takes and is smart but the whole thing isn’t a great mix in my opinion. I do like Bray when he’s on. Would be interested to see Klingman on there. Willie was great. Very glad Nomad is gone.

If Flo was smart, they would hire Cody Goodwin and cut these halfwits from the show. Willie and Corby - despite looking like a pair of thumbs - are just better right now.

Flo constantly rotates new people and it disrupts the chemistry. It should be 2-3 people MAX and constant for several months to let the rapport develop.

Instead they bring in every Tom and Dick in the office to get their 15 minutes of fame.

Agree with this.

I thought Ollie was funny at times but as mentioned above the "I'm an elite handfighter" bit got old pretty quick.

JD Rader seems like he knows his stuff but just needs to work on not being so monotone.

Reactions: jpsolo
Open letter to Ollie;
this is actually a very sweet post and I sincerely thank you for it.

also glad to get reaffirmation that extremely partisan fans have found fault with the NCAA rankings, once again confirming what I have always known, that they are 100% accurate and correct.

overall just a really great post. 10/10.

Jeeze, first Willie, then Nomad, now losing bratke and Ollie... y’all are just a revolving door over there, then again i feel like CP could have a slight Napoleon complex with usually being the only one on the show that hasn’t wrestled
CP is cancerous. Flo needs to part ways with this guy. I stopped listening to the show a while ago, just cause I hate the guy so much.

Reactions: horraybeer

I think the biggest problem is that they don't have a true "insider" personality anymore. When Willie was on, you always got the sense you were getting good info. Now, I usually have already seen everything they talk about somewhere online. Even though I often found him a bit over the top, after starting to listen to Willie's new show, it's become clear to me that he was the main draw because of the intel he would drop. I ultimately listen to things like FRL to learn from them. When I don't feel like I'm learning anything, I don't listen.

They tried to replace him with Askren, but Askren can barely remember basic results and often admits he doesn't follow a lot of this stuff that closely. He has a million other things he does. He's also pretty repetitive.

I think Ollie, Rader, Bray, etc... are fine, but they don't fit the hole that the show has. Pyles/Bratke already filled that fan/pundit role. When you add 2-3 more of those guys, the show becomes unbalanced imo. And I don't think it's any of those guys' fault.

In regards to Ollie specifically, I hope he doesn't take it too hard. I personally liked him, but he's definitely a big personality and that's bound to not work for some, especially within wrestling culture.

If Flo was smart, they would hire Cody Goodwin and cut these halfwits from the show. Willie and Corby - despite looking like a pair of thumbs - are just better right now.

Flo constantly rotates new people and it disrupts the chemistry. It should be 2-3 people MAX and constant for several months to let the rapport develop.

Instead they bring in every Tom and Dick in the office to get their 15 minutes of fame.
Isn’t Goodwin the guy who was making fun of Berge’s concussion headgear?

Ollie, I wasn’t sure what was up with you getting added at first but after a couple episodes I thought it was a good decision. Don’t take the crap you read on message boards to heart. We’re wasting our time on message boards, for christ’s sake. Opinions are like assholes, Kid.

Personally, I kinda cringe when someone posts something to or about a Flo personality, Willie, etc. Seems like they’re just dying to be acknowledged by so-and-so. Just my two cents.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT