ADVERTISEMENT

Fresno State hires Troy Steiner as head coach

I'm hoping that this is the beginning of the return of more programs on the West coast. There has been some talk of Oregon and Arizona picking up their programs again. Maybe even UCLA might start it up again. That would be great! Even though it's far away, it might be a good thing to have the NCAA's on the West coast sometime soon!

I'm hoping that this is the beginning of the return of more programs on the West coast. There has been some talk of Oregon and Arizona picking up their programs again. Maybe even UCLA might start it up again. That would be great! Even though it's far away, it might be a good thing to have the NCAA's on the West coast sometime soon!
i think it would be good if the entire acc had wrestling. Why wouldn't a Syracuse have wrestling? One of the Georgia schools should have it as well. We know there are HS's in Fla.... we need to toughen up America!

i think it would be good if the entire acc had wrestling. Why wouldn't a Syracuse have wrestling? One of the Georgia schools should have it as well. We know there are HS's in Fla.... we need to toughen up America!
Clemson, Boston College, Syracuse, Georgia Tech, Wake Forest (that would put 8 D1 programs in NC, only 3 fewer than PA), Miami and FSU.
It would be nice to see the ACC step up.

Original topic.
Here's hoping he has great success.
Blees is from North Dakota also. Maybe Steiner's first recruit could be a transfer from okie.

Steiner is going to be right in the center of one of the best HS wrestling territories in the West. The Central Valley in CA is like the WPIAL in PA. It's going to be interesting to see how the recruiting wars shake out with Fresno and ASU both going after the same guys.

That would be great but it's pretty much just a pipe dream. I doubt any of those schools are even considering adding wrestling. Sad but true.

Clemson, Boston College, Syracuse, Georgia Tech, Wake Forest (that would put 8 D1 programs in NC, only 3 fewer than PA), Miami and FSU.
It would be nice to see the ACC step up.

Especially Syracuse, which had a rich tradition. When I was in law school, I wrestled at the West Side YMCA with a fellow law student who had wrestled at the 'Cuse. They'd be #1 on my list for a return.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT