ADVERTISEMENT

Freeh Resolution

Since there is a long way until that decision is made, I suggest you dial back the expectations a bit.

And I had a ton of parents like what you described....in fact most of my parents were supportive and helpful and pretty much all of the kids I coached were respectful and coachable and a lot of fun to be around. The parents that weren’t helpful were the ones with unrealistic expectations (apparently like you) or thought their kids had “athletic prowess” (also like you).

Oy. My boys' coaches and program director talk up my boys more than I do. I'm the grounded one. They've produced a lot of DI prospects/signees, and they're already in my ear about the recruitment process, and making contacts and the such, while I'm telling them to pump the brakes. That doesn't mean I don't realistically agree with their assessments ... it's just that I don't want us to get ahead of ourselves with presuming too much, given all the things that could change between now and then (lack of physical development, injury, loss of interest, etc.). I also want them to enjoy the ride, if that's where all this takes them. But that's the path they're on. Don't worry, chief, I have this under control. There's a way for reasonable people to understand current trajectory, potential roadblocks and managing expectations. Folks who are limited in thought (apparently like you), are the ones who don't understand this.

Well, you can't make that claim based on anything other than a generic application of statistics/probability ("given that there are X amount of slots at School A, and Y amount of slots at School B, they're more likely to go to School B" type of analysis), which isn't very relevant. It doesn't take inherent individual abilities, opportunities or other advantages into consideration.

It's highly unlikely any particular individual goes to either of those specific schools (MIT or UMass-Dartmouth), but if you meant to convey schools like them, well, based on their current level of achievement/inherent intelligence, it's more likely they go to an MIT-level school than one of the public bottom feeders, like UMass-Dartmouth. However, given how bad schools like UMass-Dartmouth are (if you had used UMass-Amherst, you would have a better argument), and how competitive admissions at schools like MIT are, it's not extremely likely they go to either "type" of school. Both my boys are at the top of standardized testing, and academic performance in their schools, and they have an inherent aptitude for, and appreciation for, learning (they're self-motivated and naturally inquisitive/analytical ... mommy and daddy aren't pushing them, and they aren't spending vast amounts of time and energy trying to achieve what they've achieved), so I'd place their odds at "better than most."

But your point that PSU will never be compared to MIT or Harvard is ... well ... missing the point. A PSU Schreyers college experience, for example, could be roughly equivalent to a MIT or Harvard experience, or, at least, a close enough experience as to be extremely attractive for those who didn't get into MIT or Harvard, or who can't attend those schools for whatever reason (monetary issues, etc.).

And those in charge of PSU should be making every effort to maximize their student's return on educational investment, rather than directing effort toward righting some wrong from the past, which does nothing to benefit future students.
"based on their current level of achievement/inherent intelligence"
There is where you miss the point.

It's great that as 10 and 12 year olds they are testing well and doing well in school. But, my dude, they are 10 and 12 years old!

So much changes between now and when they start seriously looking at colleges at age 16 or 17.

Some kids burn out (even if parents aren't pushing them). Some kids don't do well in the high school environment even though they did well in elementary/middle school. Some kids get too focused on friends or sports or video games. Puberty is a hell of a drug. Let's see how psyched they are about school work once they see a boob for the first time.

Hell, even a ton can happen between college acceptance and graduation. I have an example above about my cohort from elementary school (and I should have mentioned that I went to school district where 96% of kids go to college; just context) how the "elementary school rock stars" did fine for themselves, but none of them went to top of the top schools. But consider your high school class -- one of the brightest guys in my class went to Georgia Tech (for a very specialized engineering program on a full ride) and ended up transferring to PSU because (in his words) "There are no girls here." The #2 kid in our class did not get into MIT, Harvard, Stanford or Princeton (his first choices) and ended up at Michigan. He ended up getting kicked out of school for partying too much (he eventually was readmitted and graduated but...)

My point is: it is fine to be proud of your kids. It is good that you value education and encourage them. But the reality check is that there performance right now is a terrible predictor of how their education will end up.

Reactions: Mixolydian
My kids are out of state (MA). I can afford to pay whatever insane tuition they throw at me. Despite my fond memories of my time there, the university has lost its luster, thanks, in large part, to those who want to keep rehashing JoePa/Freeh Fight Club, and stymieing progress.

Both of my boys are high achievers at ages 12 and 10, respectively, and although there's a long way to go between now and their college decision date, I foresee their educational choices to be amongst the Harvards, MITs and Browns of the world, rather than the PSUs ... but they also have some athletic prowess, so, if that results in a balancing of interests, we'd be looking at Stanford, Vandy or like-kind institutions before considering PSU.

Regardless, grasping onto this topic, years later, is just a few steps beyond some of the saddest things I've seen.
Wow, are you a small person (best exhibited by your incessant need to give us your resume, and worse yet, that of your children, ages 10 and 12). I feel sorry for them. Grow up and get lost.

I'm not disagreeing with your general thesis here, but just to be clear UNC didn't commit any crimes (and technically didn't commit any NCAA violations...I understand if you disagree with the second part of that, but please don't lump that in with sexual abuse cases)

MSU, OSU and Michigan allowed crimes to be committed against student athletes on their campuses by university staff. No action has been taken by the NCAA or Big 10.

I only added UNC to support the fighting back element, not anything to do with abuse. They were the best example I could remember of a school that public opinion had convicted but were found to not have committed any violations.

If the board was ever going to renounce Freeh, this would be the time. The social media lynch mobs are so wrapped up with the current twin sh*t shows that anything Paterno-related would attract little attention.

BUT it will never happen, they have zero to gain by doing so

Reactions: BBrown
Oy. My boys' coaches and program director talk up my boys more than I do. I'm the grounded one. They've produced a lot of DI prospects/signees, and they're already in my ear about the recruitment process, and making contacts and the such, while I'm telling them to pump the brakes. That doesn't mean I don't realistically agree with their assessments ... it's just that I don't want us to get ahead of ourselves with presuming too much, given all the things that could change between now and then (lack of physical development, injury, loss of interest, etc.). I also want them to enjoy the ride, if that's where all this takes them. But that's the path they're on. Don't worry, chief, I have this under control. There's a way for reasonable people to understand current trajectory, potential roadblocks and managing expectations. Folks who are limited in thought (apparently like you), are the ones who don't understand this.
200.gif

I’ve seen way too many situations of parents thinking they understand current trajectories, but don’t. Unlike you, I’ve dealt with many kids over many years, not just my own. I’ve dealt with many parents as well. If you’re as grounded as you say you are, then that’s good, but to be honest, talking about Stanford and Vanderbilt and age 10 and 12 doesn’t sound like it.

Reactions: PSU2UNC
I only added UNC to support the fighting back element, not anything to do with abuse. They were the best example I could remember of a school that public opinion had convicted but were found to not have committed any violations.
Fair enough. Just wanted to make sure that alleged academic malfeasance wasn't being lumped in with sexual assault. Thanks for the clarification.

I’ve seen way too many situations of parents thinking they understand current trajectories, but don’t. Unlike you, I’ve dealt with many kids over many years, not just my own. I’ve dealt with many parents as well. If you’re as grounded as you say you are, then that’s good, but to be honest, talking about Stanford and Vanderbilt and age 10 and 12 doesn’t sound like it.
Pressuring a kid at this age (which I am sure is happening subtlety if not obviously based upon the poster’s need to post the way he is) is a sure way to turn the kid off.

Last edited:
Pressuring a kid at this age (which I am sure is happening subtlety if not obviously based upon the poster’s need to post the way he is) is a sure way to turn the kids off.
And even planting the D-1 seed at this age is going to make anything else look like a failure. I coached some really good players over the years and 12 of them ended up playing in college...but out of those 12 only one went D-1. It just isn’t as easy as some people think.

wasnt it in the cdt in April?
I guy who I play golf with brought it up from the article, and he had no psu affiliation and we live in Massachusetts

No idea. I have been in ATL since early 90s. All I know is that I heard about an upcoming sh##storm involving Sandusky and little boys in Spring of 2011. Well before Nov. 2011. I never asked my buddy where he got the info. I just took him at his word. Since in 2011 Sandusky was not affiliated with Penn State, I figured that it would be a Sandusky problem and not a Penn State problem, so I really did not care. My point was that the power-players in the BOT had ample time to prepare a game-plan when the inevitable stink-bomb went public. Normal logic would be that if you give intelligent, wealthy, powerful, connected....people 6-12 months to develop a gameplan, than they could have (should have) come up with a better plan than what they did come up with ...... UNLESS .... what they did come up with was exactly what they wanted.

Last edited:
@lubrano

I know I'm repeating the unanswered question in many eyes here, however, knowing that you don't duck questions and issues, I'd like to get your thoughts on how the Paterno-BOT agreement plays into your resolution.

And IF the family (including your BOT colleague Jay) does not back your resolution due to their agreement, will any of the OGBOT side give it even a minute of time? While I applaud your resolve, I just don't know that it has a chance given the current make up and voting block of the current BOT.

Also, does the school now plan to make JVP part of the football and school history again as a result of this agreement? Was that part of it, either explicitly or tacitly? So will there be mentions of Joe relating to football history/games/accomplishments, references about his contributions to the school, etc. (Moreso than the very subtle references to the past by showing old gameday programs, that is).

Reactions: indynittany
"based on their current level of achievement/inherent intelligence"
There is where you miss the point.

It's great that as 10 and 12 year olds they are testing well and doing well in school. But, my dude, they are 10 and 12 years old!

So much changes between now and when they start seriously looking at colleges at age 16 or 17.

Some kids burn out (even if parents aren't pushing them). Some kids don't do well in the high school environment even though they did well in elementary/middle school. Some kids get too focused on friends or sports or video games. Puberty is a hell of a drug. Let's see how psyched they are about school work once they see a boob for the first time.

Hell, even a ton can happen between college acceptance and graduation. I have an example above about my cohort from elementary school (and I should have mentioned that I went to school district where 96% of kids go to college; just context) how the "elementary school rock stars" did fine for themselves, but none of them went to top of the top schools. But consider your high school class -- one of the brightest guys in my class went to Georgia Tech (for a very specialized engineering program on a full ride) and ended up transferring to PSU because (in his words) "There are no girls here." The #2 kid in our class did not get into MIT, Harvard, Stanford or Princeton (his first choices) and ended up at Michigan. He ended up getting kicked out of school for partying too much (he eventually was readmitted and graduated but...)

My point is: it is fine to be proud of your kids. It is good that you value education and encourage them. But the reality check is that there performance right now is a terrible predictor of how their education will end up.

Thanks, sport. Believe it or not, you're not the only one who has had life experience, or thought about how children develop and change.

In fact, I may or may not have graduated from one of the listed schools (or a similar-level institution ... much like my wife), so I may also have some insight into what it takes to achieve that level of academic success, and the parallels of educational development in like-kind folks. Granted, I did "settle" for PSU undergrad (at the time it was a great option, so no "regerts"), but that was more a result of the environment in which I grew up, than my ability. Luckily for my kids, they have been presented with a much more nurturing environment.

I'm more than aware of the potential diversions and alternate paths that will present themselves. I made this clear from the start ... before you wrongfully stepped in to try to make a point that wasn't there to be made. But I appreciate your concern.

Now, get off your low horse, and tell Mr. Lubrano to focus all of his efforts, and those of his peers, toward making PSU a better place for students and prospective students in the future. Putting that much time and effort into "whereasing" re the Freeh report is childish nonsense when we have far more important things to worry about re the university.

Last edited:
Thanks, sport. Believe it or not, you're not the only one who has had life experience, or thought about how children develop and change.

In fact, I may or may not have graduated from one of the listed schools (or a similar-level institution ... much like my wife), so I may also have some insight into what it takes to achieve that level of academic success, and the parallels of educational development in like-kind folks. Granted, I did "settle" for PSU undergrad (at the time it was a great option, so no "regerts"), but that was more a result of the environment in which I grew up, than my ability. Luckily for my kids, they have been presented with a much more nurturing environment.

I'm more than aware of the potential diversions and alternate paths that will present themselves. I made this clear from the start ... before you wrongfully stepped in to try to make a point that wasn't there to be made. But I appreciate your concern.

Now, get off your low horse, and tell Mr. Lubrano to focus all of his efforts, and those of his peers, toward making PSU you better place for students and prospective students in the future. Putting that much time and effort into "whereasing" re the Freeh report is childish nonsense when we have far more important things to worry about re the university.

Pssst.....I don't think anyone on this board gives a rat's behind about your educational aspirations for your kids.

Life appears to have been easy for their 12 and 10 years. See how they do when they face some real adversity. You wanna see how good they are in sports? Move them up to play against older kids.

wasnt it in the cdt in April?
I guy who I play golf with brought it up from the article, and he had no psu affiliation and we live in Massachusetts
It also appeared in the CDT on 3/31 and was picked up by the AP but no one cared. First question of Joe's presser for Spring ball was about the article.

I've been through the process before, personally. I've seen and dealt with a good number of kids (and parents of kids) who've gone through the process recently (the biggest change, outside of ease of exposure and ready availability of comparative data, is that pathways are set much earlier, with recruiting happening pre-teen/early teen, and kids committing to major programs as early as 13 or 14 - I'm not going to let that happen). I get it, chief. If you need any tips on high achievement in life, and not just running an AAU baseball club and a girls HS basketball program, give me a holler.

Now, get off your low horse, and tell Mr. Lubrano to focus all of his efforts, and those of his peers, toward making PSU you better place for students and prospective students in the future. Putting that much time and effort into "whereasing" re the Freeh report is childish nonsense when we have far more important things to worry about re the university.
Thanks for your "resume", but I can pretty much assure you that I have more experience with education (both in terms of time spent in school as well as an a university educator, and someone who works with high school STEM students) than you do.

I'm glad you think you've thought about it enough to think you know where they will end up. You haven't because there is no way to know that.

Please keep encouraging them in their studies. Definitely save aggressively for their tuition. But you should probably shut up about how they are too good for PSU because you have no way of knowing that.

And to the larger point and the topic of this thread, (and I said this before) it is possible for people to be engaged on more than one topic at once. It is totally possible to both make PSU a better place moving forward AND fix some mistakes it made in the past.

Thanks for your "resume", but I can pretty much assure you that I have more experience with education (both in terms of time spent in school as well as an a university educator, and someone who works with high school STEM students) than you do.

I'm glad you think you've thought about it enough to think you know where they will end up. You haven't because there is no way to know that.

Please keep encouraging them in their studies. Definitely save aggressively for their tuition. But you should probably shut up about how they are too good for PSU because you have no way of knowing that.

And to the larger point and the topic of this thread, (and I said this before) it is possible for people to be engaged on more than one topic at once. It is totally possible to both make PSU a better place moving forward AND fix some mistakes it made in the past.
That’s the issue with many people these days. They think people can only be concerned with one thing at a time.

Reactions: Madsol

Current students are important. Future students are important. And PAST students are important. You do not feel this way, and that is 100% your prerogative. But there are also many PAST students who want a wrong corrected and a tarnish on our school erased.

Pssst.....I don't think anyone on this board gives a rat's behind about your educational aspirations for your kids.

Life appears to have been easy for their 12 and 10 years. See how they do when they face some real adversity. You wanna see how good they are in sports? Move them up to play against older kids.

You're obviously wrong about your first comment, as some on here seem pretty obsessed with the topic.

As to your second comment, on rare occasions, they've played up and have done quite well, but I'd rather they stay mostly with their age group because it shouldn't be a "job" at this age, and they enjoy hanging out with kids their own age, like most kids do. Also, I'm not sure playing against older kids in a sport would be defined by anyone as "real adversity" in life.

Last edited:
You're obviously wrong about your first comment, as some on here seem pretty obsessed with the topic.

As to your second comment, on rare occasions, they've played up and have done quiet well, but I'd rather they stay mostly with their age group because it shouldn't be a "job" at this age, and they enjoy hanging out with kids their own age, like most kids. Also, I'm not sure playing against older kids in a sport would be defined by anyone as "real adversity" in life.
Do you think it’s possible for Lubrano to present this resolution while also working towards other changes while on the board?

This idea sure does seem to be lost on him. Maybe he can have one of his wunderkinds explain it to him.

Reactions: PSU2UNC
Do you think it’s possible for Lubrano to present this resolution while also working towards other changes while on the board?

Just about anything is possible but, here, it appears very unlikely that he's putting in anywhere near the same effort toward those "other changes" as he's putting toward this meaningless effort. In fact, he indicated that this particular concern is keeping him up at night.

If he's putting as much effort into these other concerns, let's see his infinite whereasing resolution regarding those matters.

If you need any tips on high achievement in life, and not just running an AAU baseball club and a girls HS basketball program, give me a holler.
This is why you’re such a joke on this board....like I’ve said before, you’re an internet superstar. I’ve done just fine outside of AAU baseball and basketball, but I’m proud of what I’ve done as a coach and how I’ve helped a lot of kids. In your book, that makes me a lowlife, and that’s okay, but the fact that I’ve helped multiple kids get to do something they love at the college level, and I’ve helped a lot more learn and appreciate sports is enough for me. Professionally I’m a lot more successful than you think I am and I’ve done a lot more in the coaching world than you think I’ve done, but that’s okay, everyone on this board can see what as asshole you are. I hope your kids are smart enough to learn not to be like their dad in that way.

This is why you’re such a joke on this board....like I’ve said before, you’re an internet superstar. I’ve done just fine outside of AAU baseball and basketball, but I’m proud of what I’ve done as a coach and how I’ve helped a lot of kids. In your book, that makes me a lowlife, and that’s okay, but the fact that I’ve helped multiple kids get to do something they love at the college level, and I’ve helped a lot more learn and appreciate sports is enough for me. Professionally I’m a lot more successful than you think I am and I’ve done a lot more in the coaching world than you think I’ve done, but that’s okay, everyone on this board can see what as asshole you are. I hope your kids are smart enough to learn not to be like their dad in that way.

I know you don't need any help from me but there's no sense wasting your time with this guy. Anyone who feels the need to post his resume and hype up the academic and athletic abilities of his prepubescent sons isn't worth your effort. Better to just move on.

I don't know whether you're being intentionally obtuse in order to futilely attempt to win an argument, or unintentionally obtuse because you don't know any better, but nothing above is relevant to anything here.

No need to save aggressively for their tuition ... it's already covered. I foresee them being "too good" for PSU, but I'm well aware circumstances can change, so you should probably shut up about this entire topic.

It is possible, of course. There's just been no evidence of it, of course, given that he proudly proclaimed on this thread that he's being kept up nights thinking about the Freeh mess, but he didn't mention being kept up nights thinking about the much more important topics he should be addressing. He also has yet to present his infinite whereasing resolution for any other topic.

A.L.

Keep trying. It frustrates all of us that nothing has ever been accomplished and i don't expect this will accomplish anything either. It would be interesting that in light of lack of punishment for tOSU, scUM and MSU do any of the group of 23 BoT think the strategy was flawed and that maybe it is time to fight back. [yea i know the answer]

To those who say let a sleeping dog lie, you lost move on, no one cares, my kids could care less about JVP I would simply say this.
. Sometimes you just have to do what is right even if you will be defeated.
. A University should be about teaching morals and ethics in addition to "readin, rightin and rithmitic"
. Any BoT who continues to support the Freeh report isn't worthy of our vocal or financial support.

Finally, I graduated 45 years ago. I loved the University, my time spent there
Interesting comments thus far.

To be clear, my top priority is to make Penn State affordable for those persons it was created to support— middle class Pennsylvanians.

Having said that, I delivered this resolution to the Board when we delivered our Report on Freeh on June 29, 2018. My term ended on June 30,2018 so I was unable to further this resolution.

I understand the feelings of some that this is too little too late. But I’m in the camp that believes the truth is very important no matter the time required to find it.

Again, thank you all for your input.

Anthony,
I started a post last night and it got quite long so I'll summarize.
.Your final paragraph says it all. Some things are just worth it. This is one of them.
. To respond to some of the negative posters. I graduated 45 years ago I loved [past tense] my University and my football. This love grew over the years because i observed how one man can make a difference and one man by "doing it right" can shine a positive light. I always enjoyed my football but my love for football and PSU grew because I was proud of how we did things more than what we accomplished. That man of course was JVP. What was done to him and TC,GS and GS was extremely sad. I will always root for Penn State sports and I think James Franklin is an absolute prefect choice to carry on the proud Penn State culture.

However, I no longer love my University. The leadership is corrupt.
I applaud your efforts, [we all know the effort will be fruitless] but as you say "some things are just worth doing because they are the right to do.
Good Luck

You two might be long lost brothers.

The thing is, that resolution is so long and unnecessarily verbose that it stands absolutely no chance of passage. I was (and whenever I think about it still am) incensed about the entire situation and what it did to damage PSU and JoePa. I’m also a lawyer, and in that capacity have read my share of whereas clauses. Despite those facts, I was bored to tears less than halfway through this “War and Peace” resolution.

Maybe if you just focused on ACCOMPLISHING something tangible instead of throwing in every factoid but the kitchen sink, you’d stand some chance of success.

I supported you and your efforts for a long time but in my opinion, when the time came to really risk something that could open people’s eyes, you (and demlion and others) chickened out and hid behind some legal semantics to keep your silence.
Agree...too long. But the intentions are noble.

Just about anything is possible but, here, it appears very unlikely that he's putting in anywhere near the same effort toward those "other changes" as he's putting toward this meaningless effort. In fact, he indicated that this particular concern is keeping him up at night.

If he's putting as much effort into these other concerns, let's see his infinite whereasing resolution regarding those matters.
Let’s see where anything done by any of the alumni trustees has any impact upon what the board does in any area. They seem to be a completely marginalized faction of the board.

And even planting the D-1 seed at this age is going to make anything else look like a failure. I coached some really good players over the years and 12 of them ended up playing in college...but out of those 12 only one went D-1. It just isn’t as easy as some people think.

Yikes. That's terrible. My boys' program produces multiple DI kids each year ... and it's not even nearly the "top" program in the area ... it was just the one that made the most sense and the one we were most comfortable with. Many of the AAU programs in this area (metro Boston/NH/RI) put nearly half of their eventual U17 or U18 squads into D1 programs, and many of those kids rise through the age level ranks of that program (they don't just hop onto the program for their U17 year to attempt to get an offer). I mean, these kids aren't all going to Vandy or anything near that ... but they're still just funneling kids into NEC, MAAC, Patriot, A10, America East and Ivy league programs, with a few bigger programs taking kids from the region each year.

No it wouldn't.
Guys don't focus on the technicalities. TC and GS are done and Spanier was handled by the feds.
A repudiation by our own leadership makes a statement. That statement is this whole report that the NCAA used and the press used to create a narrative was bull shit from the beginning.
How can any "outside "observer think anything but the worst when our own leaders admitted as much.

Reactions: francofan
Pressuring a kid at this age (which I am sure is happening subtlety if not obviously based upon the poster’s need to post the way he is) is a sure way to turn the kid off.

LOL! No pressure. I actually tried to dissuade them from playing too much baseball, and have to limit their seasons. And I entirely tried to stop the older boy from playing football (he’s really good at that, but obviously not sure he’ll ever get the size to be a prospect .. and really don’t want him to because I’d like his brother to be the only one hitting him in the head ... the younger one only does flag), but I caved after incessant pleading for a couple years. I encourage them to play other sports for variety (a number of reasons that’s a good thing) and they do, but I definitely don’t demand it. But thanks for your amateur psych eval.

LOL! No pressure. I actually tried to dissuade them from playing too much baseball, and have to limit their seasons. And I entirely tried to stop the older boy from playing football (he’s really good at that, but obviously not sure he’ll ever get the size to be a prospect .. and really don’t want him to because I’d like his brother to be the only one hitting him in the head ... the younger one only does flag), but I caved after incessant pleading for a couple years. I encourage them to play other sports for variety (a number of reasons that’s a good thing) and they do, but I definitely don’t demand it. But thanks for your amateur psych eval.
Honestly, I don’t believe you.

No idea. I have been in ATL since early 90s. All I know is that I heard about an upcoming sh##storm involving Sandusky and little boys in Spring of 2011. Well before Nov. 2011. I never asked my buddy where he got the info. I just took him at his word. Since in 2011 Sandusky was not affiliated with Penn State, I figured that it would be a Sandusky problem and not a Penn State problem, so I really did not care. My point was that the power-players in the BOT had ample time to prepare a game-plan when the inevitable stink-bomb went public. Normal logic would be that if you give intelligent, wealthy, powerful, connected....people 6-12 months to develop a gameplan, than they could have (should have) come up with a better plan than what they did come up with ...... UNLESS .... what they did come up with was exactly what they wanted.

And you were correct. It never should have been a PSU problem. It hasn't been for MSU or OSU or at least they have never been crucified for it like us.

Reactions: Bob78
Yikes. That's terrible. My boys' program produces multiple DI kids each year ... and it's not even nearly the "top" program in the area ... it was just the one that made the most sense and the one we were most comfortable with. Many of the AAU programs in this area (metro Boston/NH/RI) put nearly half of their eventual U17 or U18 squads into D1 programs, and many of those kids rise through the age level ranks of that program (they don't just hop onto the program for their U17 year to attempt to get an offer). I mean, these kids aren't all going to Vandy or anything near that ... but they're still just funneling kids into NEC, MAAC, Patriot, A10, America East and Ivy league programs, with a few bigger programs taking kids from the region each year.
Sure they do.

Reactions: PSUMATT85
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT