ADVERTISEMENT

Franklin plan to.................

BobPSU ..... I really get a kick out of your posts ...
Thanks for keeping things light !

Great news! Now that he’s staying we can go back to wishing we had a better coach.

Haha!

Right, the same people who are so insulted and threatened by a single article speculating about the coach's future can go back to slamming him and his assistant coaches.

Yeah, that makes sense.

Reactions: acg116 and Nitt1300
I plan to LMAO at these speculations. How many on this board have ever been to LA.? If you had, you would LYAO at this whole idea. LA is a spit hole with high costs, high taxes, poor air to breathe and hours of traffic jams.
He wouldn't live in LA, he'd be loaded

Plans can change. It's highly unlikely anyway for various reasons, one of which USC may not even be looking, this year.

But anything can happen, no one knows for certain despite what any coach says. Believe it or not, they lie or circumstances (plans) can change in the blink of an eye.

Hope he stays, but he wouldn't be first coach to say this and then move on anyway.

Doesn't mean much at this stage. Glad he said it, he needed to and should have the day prior, but who knows. If not this year, that USC job will open up at some point.

No matter, Penn St will be just fine. We Are a national brand and the beast of the east still. We overcame more shit than any team ever has and never had a losing season with two different coaches, nothing to play for but pride and 40 scholarship players with no end in sight. That's a program thing and I don't think any other program could overcome that.

We would get a big time coach or up and comer anyways. The world would still turn.

It's pretty obvious that Dave Jones is pulling out all the stops so that he can go to a "daily" newspaper that is published 4 days a week instead of the current 3 days a week.

Can't stand Jones, but he did his job here. He asked a question that many had, not his fault JF didn't answer it when he could have and admittedly should have. His follow up article was pathetic tho like 99% of his other crap he puts out.

So what? Franklin says a lot of stuff. Some of that stuff has blown up in his face.

I am of the firm belief that it's in Penn State football's best interest if he leaves. If he stays, we may have an occasional very good year but we'll generally bat below our potential. Seriously, he's lost to inferior teams from Michigan State in 2 years running. Michigan State! They're a program which has vast structural inferiorities in comparison to Penn State.

But they beat James Franklin.

Youre sounding foolish.

So what? Franklin says a lot of stuff. Some of that stuff has blown up in his face.

I am of the firm belief that it's in Penn State football's best interest if he leaves. If he stays, we may have an occasional very good year but we'll generally bat below our potential. Seriously, he's lost to inferior teams from Michigan State in 2 years running. Michigan State! They're a program which has vast structural inferiorities in comparison to Penn State.

But they beat James Franklin.
Not for nothing but who old be better for PSU that WOULD be a realistic candidate so no Dabo/Sabin BS? Just curious since you think Franklin isn’t getting it done and we should have our pick of any coach out there - you are like the tools in my Company meetings who bitch, bitch and bitch about stuff and then when I asked them how we should fix it I see that stupid look on their face that tells me they have no clue they just like to bitch - they usually don’t last long.

True. But just the fact he came out with a follow up statement proves he’s staying. Period.
As much as I want him to stay, his quote means absolutely nothing. How many times have you heard statements by coaches on their plan to stay and they end up leaving. I'm still not convinced he'll be in Happy Valley next year if the right opportunity presented itself.

Reactions: NittanyOpp
So what part is wrong? Traffic is bad. The air is bad. Taxes are high. Seems you may be narrow minded if the obvious is not obvious to you.

Yes traffic is bad, spoiler alert it is in a lot of places. Yea taxes are high, spoiler alert they are at a lot of places. Air is bad ok sometimes it is.
I’ve been to CA 10 or so times and LA 3 times. I’m not a fan of LA it’s a little too sprawly for me but then so is Phoenix, Dallas and DC but it’s not as bad as some are making it out to be. I have a feeling that some of these comments are by people who have never been there or only in one part.
Much like EVERY OTHER PLACE, there is good and bad.

Not for nothing but who old be better for PSU that WOULD be a realistic candidate so no Dabo/Sabin BS? Just curious since you think Franklin isn’t getting it done and we should have our pick of any coach out there - you are like the tools in my Company meetings who bitch, bitch and bitch about stuff and then when I asked them how we should fix it I see that stupid look on their face that tells me they have no clue they just like to bitch - they usually don’t last long.

And they are usually management.;)

Ain’t no fixin’ stoopid.
people who can't engage in discussion without stooping to insults don't win arguments except in their own heads

BTW, nothing he said was "stoopid" or can yet be disproven- it's an opinion, as good as the next one

people who can't engage in discussion without stooping to insults don't win arguments except in their own heads

BTW, nothing he said was "stoopid" or can yet be disproven- it's an opinion, as good as the next one

You're right on both counts, Nitt. Unfortunately, people in that first category live in their own heads and their own worlds. They count it a great victory to win arguments there. In fact, it's the only place they can win them.

The second category is known as "grown-ups." They're the ones capable of expressing thoughts coherently, engaging in discussions intelligently, and disagreeing with people respectfully.

Most of the problems in this country can be traced to a surplus of people in the first category and a shortage of people in the second category.

As much as I want him to stay, his quote means absolutely nothing. How many times have you heard statements by coaches on their plan to stay and they end up leaving. I'm still not convinced he'll be in Happy Valley next year if the right opportunity presented itself.

You are correct here. Didn’t Old Billy say something similar as he was preparing to walk on out the door. Hopefully, LA Woman isn’t playing on Coach James Shelby.

I believe that the people who believe Franklin is staying are correct. I also believe that the people who think he should perform better are correct. Furthermore I also believe the people that say if he goes he will hire another good coach and life will move on are correct. I say this because it’s Thanksgiving and I just think we should have some peace and harmony at least for today.

I believe that the people who believe Franklin is staying are correct. I also believe that the people who think he should perform better are correct. Furthermore I also believe the people that say if he goes he will hire another good coach and life will move on are correct. I say this because it’s Thanksgiving and I just think we should have some peace and harmony at least for today.
Its over rated.

I say we’re screwed no matter what happens. :(

Reactions: Art and marshall23

Disagree. If he was leaving he wouldn’t have made a follow up statement.

Disagree. If he was leaving he wouldn’t have made a follow up statement.

what fact do we have that there is a USC job opening???? i have not located any statement from USC that would point to that happening. all i see is speculation from a few in the media. this is routine as they dont get penalized for being wrong.....so just put something out with no actual fact or source.

Today, i'm thankful for threads that provide me with even more reason to "ignore" people. This one gave me a few. THANKSGIVING INDEED!!!

If that were correct it would be a remarkable accomplishment for Harbaugh considering that he's in his fourth season at UM.

That’s right. It’s the combined record v tOSU and MSU. Much better! Or not.

Edit: Combined was 1-5 and is now 2-5. Michigan’s record v tOSU and MSU has been deplorable for over a decade. Champions of the West (except when they’re not)!

This is why it's total waste of breath for the coaches to even answer the question. The coach offers a clear answer and people insist it "means absolutely nothing." Why? Someone else said something similar in the past and didn't mean it. Do people apply this concept to other areas of there lives? For example, just because your family and friends tell you they love you, it means absolutely nothing. Plenty of people have been betrayed by family and friends...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT