ADVERTISEMENT

Franklin Is Not The Guy

'
"Inbred"?? How many Penn State alumni are from the Burgh? One of my brother-in-laws is a Pitt and Penn State alumni. Many of my friends are Penn State alumni. I hate this rivalry...haha.

One of your brothers-in-law (note the proper usage) is "a Pitt and Penn State alumni?" Does he suffer from split personality disorder, too?

Reactions: artsandletters
"Inbred"?? How many Penn State alumni are from the Burgh? One of my brother-in-laws is a Pitt and Penn State alumni. Many of my friends are Penn State alumni. I hate this rivalry...haha.

The Rivalry ended in the 80s. Since then, it's just been Pitt trying to stay relevant by hanging on Penn State's coat tail. You have 1 10 win season since 1982(in a watered down big east). You have finished ranked 3 times in 33 years.

I used to love the rivalry but quite Frankly Pitt sucks and it makes the schedule look bad when you're on it. Now take a hike and go get chips and salsa for our bowl game

I’ve really been pulling for him because he seems like a decent man and he recruits well but I’m officially coming to grips with the fact that James Franklin is not the guy to lead us back to national prominence.

At some point you have to win the big game, and he’s showing himself more and now incapable of it with every opportunity.

We can hang our hat on one big Home win against an OSU team that was exposed by Clemson but what else do we really have? OSU 17, MSU 17, USC 16, Michigan 16, etc.

I’m not saying fire the guy because that would be absurd but it’s hard to see him ever coaching Penn St to the playoff
I think a Big Ten Championship, top 5 (10 by signing day) recruiting class, and number two ranking earlier this year would be the definition of “National Prominance”. I’m as frustrated as anyone for the way we lost the last two games and the inability to have a consistent running game all season, but I’m also sure that Coach Franklin is the right guy to keep us here and even take us the rest of the way to a MNC.

Reactions: JJTopp99
I’ve really been pulling for him because he seems like a decent man and he recruits well but I’m officially coming to grips with the fact that James Franklin is not the guy to lead us back to national prominence.

At some point you have to win the big game, and he’s showing himself more and now incapable of it with every opportunity.

We can hang our hat on one big Home win against an OSU team that was exposed by Clemson but what else do we really have? OSU 17, MSU 17, USC 16, Michigan 16, etc.

I’m not saying fire the guy because that would be absurd but it’s hard to see him ever coaching Penn St to the playoff
You do not have a clue. So winning the BIG Championship is not national prominence?

You are right. Joe did so much better against OSU, UM and Iowa than Franklin.

Congratulations you get the award for dumbest post of the year.

You need to find another team as&&0le.

Reactions: JJTopp99
Attaboy, dipshit, drag Joe into the conversation. If that's the best defense you can mount for Franklin, then you're just a one-trick lamebrain.
Please. You JoeBots did nothing put support a dead man walking coach for years while he ran the program into the ground (shit himself, couldn’t recruit, sat in the press box, played Offense like it was still 1975, put his ego ahead of the program and university, covered up child rape). Yet Franklin has the program at a level that nobody expected and now he has to go. F U old man.

Please. You JoeBots did nothing put support a dead man walking coach for years while he ran the program into the ground (shit himself, couldn’t recruit, sat in the press box, played Offense like it was still 1975). Yet Franklin has the program at a level that nobody expected and now he has to go. F U old man.

Fvck you. too.So the best defense you can offer for Franklin is trashing Joe? Joe is dead and gone, but you just can't let him rest, can you, asshole?

Fvck you. too.So the best defense you can offer for Franklin is trashing Joe? Joe is dead and gone, but you just can't let him rest, can you, asshole?
Nope. He doesn’t deserve to. JoeBots want to bring him up all the time except when it doesn’t fit the narrative. This is one of those instances.

Maybe if Franklin wore a tie and dockers every game you Paterno, not PSU, fans would be happy.

Nope. He doesn’t deserve to. JoeBots want to bring him up all the time except when it doesn’t fit the narrative. This is one of those instances.

Maybe if Franklin wore a tie and dockers every game you Paterno, not PSU, fans would be happy.

No one in this thread brought Joe up until you did. So he doesn't deserve to rest in peace? You're a piece of garbage.

Disagree with you.

Please. You JoeBots did nothing put support a dead man walking coach for years while he ran the program into the ground (shit himself, couldn’t recruit, sat in the press box, played Offense like it was still 1975, put his ego ahead of the program and university, covered up child rape). Yet Franklin has the program at a level that nobody expected and now he has to go. F U old man.
You lost all credibility when you used the term JoeBots.

1372794552620223_animate.gif

I get that recruiting is the lifeblood of a college football program but using recruiting rankings as trophies is useless. There have been coaches before Franklin and there will be coaches after him who recruit at a high level but never pull it together. Development is just as important. Ask Notre Dame fans how those Charlie Weis recruiting classes turned out. On the other side of the issue, Michigan St won Big 10 titles and made the playoff with classes that weren't even top 25.

I don't think anyone is expecting Franklin to beat the best teams on the schedule 90% of the time but doing it at least once in a while would be nice. If you can't win the big game, you can't win the big titles. Otherwise you're a 9-3 program who can hang around the back end of the top 25 and play in a nice bowl game.

Relax. Joe is dead. He isn't coming back.

Now go and masturbate in front of your Suhey poster and leave us alone.

10-2 with a shot at 11-2 = off year...yeah...that is a good thing when some of you guys come down off of your manginal periods. Add in a top 10 recruiting class and a good buzz moving forward....woe is me...woe is me. So many chicken little want to scorch the earth after a loss and they are the biggest idiots around.

I get that recruiting is the lifeblood of a college football program but using recruiting rankings as trophies is useless. There have been coaches before Franklin and there will be coaches after him who recruit at a high level but never pull it together. Development is just as important. Ask Notre Dame fans how those Charlie Weis recruiting classes turned out. On the other side of the issue, Michigan St won Big 10 titles and made the playoff with classes that weren't even top 25.

I don't think anyone is expecting Franklin to beat the best teams on the schedule 90% of the time but doing it at least once in a while would be nice. If you can't win the big game, you can't win the big titles. Otherwise you're a 9-3 program who can hang around the back end of the top 25 and play in a nice bowl game.

Last year, PSU had 3 losses and finished 7th. Not exactly “back end of the top 25”. Assuming PSU wins out the regular season, which they certainly should, they will probably find themselves close to the top 10. JF’s recruiting continues to trend upward and consequently, so will the product on the field. It’s really quite simple. However, when a coach fails to recruit a single 4 star in a class, the end result will probably look something closer to heading to OT with Youngstown State.

It's why I have been off this board since the loss ... the trolls are out in force. So many posts from people who never post questionin the the coach or players or culture or assistants .... not worth the time. Being a troll used to be an art form now people just are plain awful at being a troll

Last edited:
Reactions: Phil's Rug

Remember when Pitt football mattered? Neither do any of us

Jesus H. Christ!

Someday I'll learn to NOT visit this board on the days following a tough loss. Every flamer and disgruntled moron surface like a dead body the Mafia forgot to weigh down after tossing it in the East River. Somebody please seal all the cracks from where these slimeballs crawl!

First of all, they’re called Topsiders. Dockers are the reductive Topsiders. Second, Joe wore black athletic shoes when he coached. The logo on the shoe depended on the brand PSU was under contract to.

Finally, you’re an ignorant, uninformed asshole. You’re just one of the many that never learn what’s behind the veneer. You’re shallow and stupid. Each of your posts reinforces that.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT