ADVERTISEMENT

Franklin Hire a Home Run... According to Athlon Sports (link)

There you go again. Let's not forget Franklin was on the bubble after 3 mediocre years and a blowout loss to Michigan. Then suddenly his team got hot. I would rather err on the side of caution. Let's see what he does this season before canonizing him.

Another dead friend??

There you go again. Let's not forget Franklin was on the bubble after 3 mediocre years and a blowout loss to Michigan. Then suddenly his team got hot. I would rather err on the side of caution.

The whole third season counts, and Franklin's third year didn't end after week four. Anyone who would consider Franklin's third year at Penn State (11-3, conference championship, Rose Bowl bid) to be "mediocre" is either a certified nut job or someone with an ax to grind. I have trouble figuring out which one you are.

Reactions: PSU10 and 71camaro
I still hate this stinking rustbelt conference but 3 coaches in the top 5 ain't bad. Just goes to show how competitive the Big Ten East will be for years to come.

I still say Hairball chokes on it within 5 years. Cra-Cra plain and simple.

You can't fix crazy just like you can't fix stupid.

There you go again. Let's not forget Franklin was on the bubble after 3 mediocre years and a blowout loss to Michigan. Then suddenly his team got hot. I would rather err on the side of caution. Let's see what he does this season before canonizing him.
does the sun ever shine in your world, cos ;)?

Nah, I'll just be excited.

Love James but in game coaching could be improved at end of games is only gripe i have had over the years. Without Moorhead I'd be scared too, probably find that out soon.

This isn't hating on James, no man Id rather for the job for the long haul, love everything about him except the aforementioned game management at times when its tight. Im sure he knows it too and works on it to get better.

Ass.

Reactions: Ski
I woulda rather have had the Pizza Guy. :eek:

sadpizza_medium.gif

It's hard to admit when you're wrong...we see it.

The jury was only out from the media, never the AD. Reality is, he inherited a poor situation at best. He's dealt with issue after issue as well.

Love James but in game coaching could be improved at end of games is only gripe i have had over the years. Without Moorhead I'd be scared too, probably find that out soon.

This isn't hating on James, no man Id rather for the job for the long haul, love everything about him except the aforementioned game management at times when its tight. Im sure he knows it too and works on it to get better.

WE see things TOTALLY differently. James is a very good end of game coach. The OL prevented ANY type of ball control. This year will be very different. As for Moorhead (I assume we got him from one of the TOP div 1 schools). Moorhead is VERY replaceable AND if he leaves, Franklin will get the right guy to run the offense HE wants. Amazing to me how so many continue to question Franklin. I can only assume no one pays ATTENTION !!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: Option Bob
I still hate this stinking rustbelt conference but 3 coaches in the top 5 ain't bad. Just goes to show how competitive the Big Ten East will be for years to come.

I still say Hairball chokes on it within 5 years. Cra-Cra plain and simple.

You can't fix crazy just like you can't fix stupid.

Pressure is only going to ramp up on old Jimmah as each year goes by without a conference championship.... the natives will start to get restless and only make Jimmah more cra cra ...

Pressure is only going to ramp up on old Jimmah as each year goes by without a conference championship.... the natives will start to get restless and only make Jimmah more cra cra ...
Michigan's last B1G football championship was in 2004 when they shared the title with Iowa. It's not as though they can tout their recent success to lure recruits.

Since 2004, B1G titles are as follow (including shared titles):
OSU - 6
PSU - 3
MSU - 3
WISC - 3

It's hard for me to understand why Michigan gets so much hype. Maybe someday their play on the field will justify it.

Michigan's last B1G football championship was in 2004 when they shared the title with Iowa. It's not as though they can tout their recent success to lure recruits.

Since 2004, B1G titles are as follow (including shared titles):
OSU - 6
PSU - 3
MSU - 3
WISC - 3

It's hard for me to understand why Michigan gets so much hype. Maybe someday their play on the field will justify it.

It truly is amazing to see it's been that long since a mecheatagain title. Pressure will be ramping up next year at this time for Jimmah ... he will get a pass this year with so many graduating but he doesn't win a title next year and the shine will be off his star

Franklin just completed his 3rd season with a B1G Championship. They finished the season in an epic Rose Bowl game, 52-49 loss to 25 time Rose Bowl winners, USC.
Be honest. He took over as the sanctions sunk in. Circumstances of the sanctions left him with a very uneven roster. It took him a while to figure out his staff, which is now one of the best in the B1G. He has recruiting rolling along, kids are really positive about the Lions. His offense leaped forward with a great hire at OC. The defense, when healthy, was good. Depth was the issue there. It is being solved. Kicking went from about the worst to the top of the conference. I'm satisfied, but not take it for granted, complacent.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT