ADVERTISEMENT

Franco Harris has passed…

Franco knew Joe and his greatness and integrity. Franco never wavered. Want to affirm that Joe would NEVER do what some accuse him (turning a blind eye to abuse to “protect football”)? Listen to a man of equal integrity - Franco Harris.

RIP Franco!
Not many men as courageous as Franco.

Lots of gutless wonders succumbed to the jackals.

Many PSU alumni stood by JoePa despite the onslaught of media PROPAGANDA created by ESPN, but then picked up by all other mainstream media. However, if more alumni had the courage of Franco Harris, then PSU would not be referred to today as Pedophile University. Not to mention that perhaps Sandusky would have had a fair trial.

Many PSU alumni stood by JoePa despite the onslaught of media PROPAGANDA created by ESPN, but then picked up by all other mainstream media. However, if more alumni had the courage of Franco Harris, then PSU would not be referred to today as Pedophile University. Not to mention that perhaps Sandusky would have had a fair trial.
The average fan had far more courage than your average “leader”

I think “leader” used to imply courageous, selfless, talented man.

Now it means political navigator, and apparently excludes talent and courage.

One of the most interesting things I heard about Franco today is that the Immaculate Reception was the 1st touchdown ever scored by the Pittsburgh Steelers franchise in the playoffs.
The other was Bradshaw saying the only reason it happened was that Joe Paterno made the running backs run to the ball after the qb threw the pass which is why Franco released downfield because it was a trait he learned in college at Penn State.

Heard a reporter today saying he was at Franco’s home going through his large collection of memoriabial and asked him which one was his favorite. He said they were all just as important, like gears in a machine, because they all contributed to what he is today and where he came from. If any of them failed who knows where he would be?

So the reporter pushed back asking if your house was on fire which you would grab as you ran out? He replied ‘I would probably die in the fire because I couldn’t decide which to take’

Seems that is the way he treated people, always taking the time to be kind to everyone he met.

Yep, corporate america littered with gutless, politically correct "leaders" who are only at the top because they are political machines.

One of the most interesting things I heard about Franco today is that the Immaculate Reception was the 1st touchdown ever scored by the Pittsburgh Steelers franchise in the playoffs.
The other was Bradshaw saying the only reason it happened was that Joe Paterno made the running backs run to the ball after the qb threw the pass which is why Franco released downfield because it was a trait he learned in college at Penn State.
These I knew, but I heard a great story from Terry Hanratty today.

He said that as a rookie, Franco was having trouble adjusting to the Pro game and was benched early on. About the 5th game of the season he got back in the game and picked up 100 yards on the day. Then went on to win rookie of the year gaining over 1000 yards. But the funny part is after about the 8th game of the season (Franco had had a big day) Terry was driving home and saw someone with there thumb out hitching a ride. He told whoever was with him “that looks like Franco” and sure enough when he slowed down, it was. He asked Franco what the hell he was doing and Franco’s reply was he was walking to the bus station because he didn’t own a car. Terry gasped and said something about being a first rounder and told him to jump in and Hanratty drove him home.

Many average PSU fans stood silently and believed that JoePa knew what was going on, but shut up because he cared more about winning football games. Franco showed tremendous courage by saying he knew the man and the things JoePa stood for and JoePa always stood for doing the right thing. Things looked bleak for Joe when IMO Scott believed McQueary and had Joe confused on the facts. Franco could have been selfish and given up like the average PSU fan, but Franco courageously stood by JoePa's side against mounting PROPAGANDA. Franco will always be remembered for being a talented football player, but I will always remember him for being a loyal and faithful person.

Many average PSU fans stood silently and believed that JoePa knew what was going on, but shut up because he cared more about winning football games. Franco showed tremendous courage by saying he knew the man and the things JoePa stood for and JoePa always stood for doing the right thing. Things looked bleak for Joe when IMO Scott believed McQueary and had Joe confused on the facts. Franco could have been selfish and given up like the average PSU fan, but Franco courageously stood by JoePa's side against mounting PROPAGANDA. Franco will always be remembered for being a talented football player, but I will always remember him for being a loyal and faithful person.
I really hope no actual Penn Staters believed Joe “knew what was going on” but “shut up because he cared more about winning football games”. That narrative never made any damn sense to be even when I had no reason to question the jury’s verdict on the Sandusky case. It seemed a more plausible explanation is that Joe (and many others) simply couldn’t fathom that the beloved founder of the largest children’s charity in PA was a child molester.

Of course, thanks to John Ziegler’s work, we know that narrative is not true either.

I really hope no actual Penn Staters believed Joe “knew what was going on” but “shut up because he cared more about winning football games”. That narrative never made any damn sense to be even when I had no reason to question the jury’s verdict on the Sandusky case. It seemed a more plausible explanation is that Joe (and many others) simply couldn’t fathom that the beloved founder of the largest children’s charity in PA was a child molester.

Of course, thanks to John Ziegler’s work, we know that narrative is not true either.

The turd JJ believed that crap that Joe knew.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT