ADVERTISEMENT

Former Wisconsin LB DeAndre Levy's "Proudest Moment" in College: Breaking Joe Paterno's Leg

ChiTownLion

May 29, 2001

From the article in Men's Journal:

Born and raised in Milwaukee, where his mother is an assistant at a medical office and his father works on the line in a steel factory, Levy was a star linebacker at Wisconsin.

He was most famous for a 2006 play against Penn State, a sideline tackle that accidentally drove him into coach Joe Paterno, breaking JoePa’s left leg.

Ten years later, Levy now calls that incident “my proudest moment in college,” as history has since revealed Happy Valley’s sad secrets.

“That dirtbag, man,” says Levy of Paterno, who was recently implicated as being aware of child sexual abuse committed by his assistant Jerry Sandusky as early as 1976. “We’ve gotta stop prioritizing sports over humanity,” says Levy. “Just because somebody can throw a football or coach football, they’re excluded from their wicked acts.”

Last edited:
Reactions: TenerHallTerror
Ex-Wisconsin LB DeAndre Levy calls accidental hit on Joe Paterno ‘proudest moment in college’

What an a**hole. Proud of running over an old man.

Former Wisconsin linebacker DeAndre Levy was part of one infamous play in his college career.

As a sophomore in 2006, he made 50 tackles, but none were as noteworthy as one he had against Penn State. While driving a receiver out of bounds, Levy nailed then-Penn State coach Joe Paterno in the knee with his helmet. The accidental hit broke Paterno’s leg.

Ten years later, Paterno’s legacy has vastly changed in the wake of the Jerry Sandusky child abuse scandal, and Levy is taking pride in the hit.

In a story in Men’s Journal, Levy recalled the hit and said it’s now his “proudest moment in college.” He also called Paterno a “dirtbag.” Here is the full excerpt from the interview:

Born and raised in Milwaukee, where his mother is an assistant at a medical office and his father works on the line in a steel factory, Levy was a star linebacker at Wisconsin. He was most famous for a 2006 play against Penn State, a sideline tackle that accidentally drove him into coach Joe Paterno, breaking JoePa’s left leg. Ten years later, Levy now calls that incident “my proudest moment in college,” as history has since revealed Happy Valley’s sad secrets. “That dirtbag, man,” says Levy of Paterno, who was recently implicated as being aware of child sexual abuse committed by his assistant Jerry Sandusky as early as 1976. “We’ve gotta stop prioritizing sports over humanity,” says Levy. “Just because somebody can throw a football or coach football, they’re excluded from their wicked acts.”

The article was titled “DeAndre Levy: The most interesting man in the NFL” and the linebacker detailed a lot about himself on and off the field. Levy has been injured for most of the 2015 and 2016 seasons, but had established himself as a strong defender in the NFL through his first six seasons.

He finished his career at Wisconsin after the 2008 season.

ChiTown, you need to do your thing on Dave Birkett from the Detroit Free Press. What a punk .

Born and raised in Milwaukee, where his mother is an assistant at a medical office and his father works on the line in a steel factory, Levy was a star linebacker at Wisconsin. He was most famous for a 2006 play against Penn State, a sideline tackle that accidentally drove him into coach Joe Paterno, breaking JoePa’s left leg. Ten years later, Levy now calls that incident “my proudest moment in college,” as history has since revealed Happy Valley’s sad secrets. “That dirtbag, man,” says Levy of Paterno, who was recently implicated as being aware of child sexual abuse committed by his assistant Jerry Sandusky as early as 1976. “We’ve gotta stop prioritizing sports over humanity,” says Levy. “Just because somebody can throw a football or coach football, they’re excluded from their wicked acts.”
All you need to know about this individual is that his "proudest" moment is breaking someone else's leg. No more words are needed.

Hey deandre, sweetheart, did you tell your current head coach, Jim Caldwell, that he must have known also, along with your TE's coach, Al Golden? By the way, we can all give thanks to psu and the commonwealth of pennsylvania for making deandre levy the face of morality in America today.

Born and raised in Milwaukee, where his mother is an assistant at a medical office and his father works on the line in a steel factory, Levy was a star linebacker at Wisconsin.

He was most famous for a 2006 play against Penn State, a sideline tackle that accidentally drove him into coach Joe Paterno, breaking JoePa’s left leg.

Ten years later, Levy now calls that incident “my proudest moment in college,” as history has since revealed Happy Valley’s sad secrets.

“That dirtbag, man,” says Levy of Paterno, who was recently implicated as being aware of child sexual abuse committed by his assistant Jerry Sandusky as early as 1976. “We’ve gotta stop prioritizing sports over humanity,” says Levy. “Just because somebody can throw a football or coach football, they’re excluded from their wicked acts.”

Stupid sometimes lasts a lifetime. How pathetic it must be to have the existence of this asshole. What Joe brought to life in 1 lifetime is more that this dope could bring with a million of his lifetimes.

I wonder if he plays another down for the Detroit Lions...his head coach is a PSU guy, Jim Caldwell, my wife who grew up in State College went to grade school with his kids in the late 80s, early 90s

Oh and BTW, Anthony Zettel might split him in half like that Tree!

I hope he makes lots of friends inside when he goes to prison for being stupid. But first he must serve out his sentence playing for the Detroit Lions.

Kinda already did.
He hasn't played in like 2 years. Hopefully that continues.
Former PSU coach and now Detroit lions head coach Jim Caldwell has secretly asked current Lions DLineman Anthony Zettel to treat Levy like that Tree in his YouTube video last year

Who's DeAndre Levy?
lavar_arrington_111x129.jpg

What an a**hole. Proud of running over an old man.

Former Wisconsin linebacker DeAndre Levy was part of one infamous play in his college career.

As a sophomore in 2006, he made 50 tackles, but none were as noteworthy as one he had against Penn State. While driving a receiver out of bounds, Levy nailed then-Penn State coach Joe Paterno in the knee with his helmet. The accidental hit broke Paterno’s leg.

Ten years later, Paterno’s legacy has vastly changed in the wake of the Jerry Sandusky child abuse scandal, and Levy is taking pride in the hit.

In a story in Men’s Journal, Levy recalled the hit and said it’s now his “proudest moment in college.” He also called Paterno a “dirtbag.” Here is the full excerpt from the interview:

The article was titled “DeAndre Levy: The most interesting man in the NFL” and the linebacker detailed a lot about himself on and off the field. Levy has been injured for most of the 2015 and 2016 seasons, but had established himself as a strong defender in the NFL through his first six seasons.

He finished his career at Wisconsin after the 2008 season.
Well, this again uninformed douche gets now his 2nd illegal hit on Joe Paterno.

I wonder if he plays another down for the Detroit Lions...his head coach is a PSU guy, Jim Caldwell, my wife who grew up in State College went to grade school with his kids in the late 80s, early 90s

Oh and BTW, Anthony Zettel might split him in half like that Tree!

Sadly, I highly doubt coaches have much power anymore. The owners call the shots, they tell you who plays and who doesn't.

I'll do my best owl impression.......who????

The guy is proud that the only thing people recognize him for is that he accidentally broke a coach's leg?

Cool. Can only assume concussions have taken their toll and the brain inside of his skull is dead.

If he wants to see a dirtbag, he can just look in the mirror.

Well, glad we didn't hire him.

Not sure what would be hypocritical about it.

Levy was born in Milwaukee and played at Univ of Wisconsin (on UW when collision with Paterno took place) and you're pinning this on Michigan because he plays for the Lions? smh

Well, we can all hope he gets his leg broken or worse. That would be a good Thanksgiving day.

Levy was born in Milwaukee and played at Univ of Wisconsin (on UW when collision with Paterno took place) and you're pinning this on Michigan because he plays for the Lions? smh
Generalize, much? smh, lol, rofl, stfu, gfy, smb, etc, etc....

I would be good to hear him say his proudest moment was getting his degree. Oh, wrong university.

Funny how so much anti-Joe stuff emanates from Michigan.

EVEN FUNNIER HOW IT COMES OUT NOW, instead of any other time. Strange timing, with Michigan circling the drain, and PSU on the verge of passing them in the polls if things go right.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT