ADVERTISEMENT

Forest Gump II is officially in the works

Obliviax

Aug 21, 2001
Well, this was one of the movies that just didn't hit the expectation level for me. I thought it was amusing but was kind of weird. I guess it is symbolic of everyone's life journey; some highs and some lows. Much of it was too much of a reach for me. Regardless, should be an interesting movie.

forrest-gump-i-have-to-say-0v21xfzqyuhqbsv7.gif

Where have you seen indications that FG2 is going forward? I have heard that it was not. I know that Hanks and Robin Wright are working on another Robert Zemeckis film called Here, maybe they've decided to move forward with FG2 on that set.

Where have you seen indications that FG2 is going forward? I have heard that it was not. I know that Hanks and Robin Wright are working on another Robert Zemeckis film called Here, maybe they've decided to move forward with FG2 on that set.
I just saw a tweet on it....might not be true. They said that there was a contractual breakthrough but didn't give any documentation. Sorry if I mislead due to twitter inaccuracies.

I just saw a tweet on it....might not be true. They said that there was a contractual breakthrough but didn't give any documentation. Sorry if I mislead due to twitter inaccuracies.
No worries. I think "officially" may have tripped me up. Like I said, maybe things on set led to that breakthrough.

Reactions: Obliviax
Well, this was one of the movies that just didn't hit the expectation level for me. I thought it was amusing but was kind of weird. I guess it is symbolic of everyone's life journey; some highs and some lows. Much of it was too much of a reach for me. Regardless, should be an interesting movie.

Totally unnecessary. Outstanding film that is not better serviced with a sequel. It's not everyone's *ahem* box of chocolates, but it's fine and stands on it's own. That said, Hanks seems to be in every f*cking movie trailer I've seen lately. Needs the cash? Feels the crushing weight of aging? Dunno.

Totally unnecessary. Outstanding film that is not better serviced with a sequel. It's not everyone's *ahem* box of chocolates, but it's fine and stands on it's own. That said, Hanks seems to be in every f*cking movie trailer I've seen lately. Needs the cash? Feels the crushing weight of aging? Dunno.
Sure this isn’t a sequel to “Night of the Living Dead”?

Reactions: Midnighter2
Agreed 100%

Reactions: bourbon n blues

I’ll pass , I liked the first but this again shows Hollywood has zero creativity.

Reactions: OaktonDave
I hated that movie so ****ing much. So cloying and manipulative.

And the fact that it beat out Pulp Fiction and Shawshank for Best Picture made it even worse.
Thought it was waaaaay over rated. Just don’t get it. And it was a rip off of Being There starring Peter Sellers.

Lost interest in the movie when he was chased by bullies, started to run, his leg braces fell off….And he suddenly ran like a deer. Stupid scene.

Have always been mystified by how and why the movie is so loved. Are people that desperate for a hero or a positive roll model that Forest Gump fills that need? Is life too complicated and people wish they could be a simpleton that becomes successful with no effort?

Help me out here……

Last edited:
I do not want another Forrest Gump. I would also like to have Tom Hanks buy a beach property in Malibu and spend the rest of his life playing golf and walking in the sand......do not need to see Tom Hanks in any more pictures. When he plays a cop.....I see him and think to myself, that is Tom Hanks playing a police officer......he is about the only actor that I do that with.....

Reactions: Chickenman Testa
I do not want another Forrest Gump. I would also like to have Tom Hanks buy a beach property in Malibu and spend the rest of his life playing golf and walking in the sand......do not need to see Tom Hanks in any more pictures. When he plays a cop.....I see him and think to myself, that is Tom Hanks playing a police officer......he is about the only actor that I do that with.....
Well, my grandfather always used to say that if everyone liked the same thing then everyone would want to "bop" your grandmother.

Well, my grandfather always used to say that if everyone liked the same thing then everyone would want to "bop" your grandmother.
Well, my grandmother used to say life is like a box of chocolates.

I have no idea what that means. They may what flavor chocolate in in what square do you know exactly what you are getting

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT