ADVERTISEMENT

For you Trace haters

I've never heard of a great player getting hurt in a manner that takes away near half his game and making him more vulnerable to more seriously getting hurt being replaced till he gets to near 100% before. Calling people haters that have a different perspective than you should be left to the politicians of our time. They are so much better at it.

I've only seen nitwits on Twitter begging for Trace to be benched.

Me? I love Trace. We are incredibly lucky to have him.

Reactions: PSJimbo
HUGE difference between posters here wanting him to be benched vs posters here wanting him to be benched UNTIL HIS INJURY HAS HEALED ENOUGH SO HIS PLAYING DOESN’T HURT THE TEAM.

I don't recall any Trace haters. I only recall some people questioning if he should play if he's injured.

There were a few of them. I know I saw their posts.
I don’t get involved in the crap fest that is the ingame thread but I’ll bet this years salary there were a few in there.

Reactions: Fox Chapel Lion II
and I know there are some on here that wanted him bench. He has one huge fan. Kerry Collins, who said he is best ever to play at Penn State.

https://www.pennlive.com/pennstatef...sufb_sf&utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social

I'm pretty sure the reason anyone wanted him "benched" was because he looked to be injured. If I have to choose between an injured QB or one that is not injured starting I'm taking the guy who is NOT injured.

I don't think anybody ever wanted a healthy Trace McSorley benched.

There were scads and oodles of Trace haters on this board. Weak arm - couldn't throw deep downfield. Wouldn't be able to run. Couldn't hit the deep out. Should be playing safety at Vanderbilt. Not big enough.

The only thing different is, we just don't hear them anymore.

People hated Daryll Clark too - they wanted a real can't miss NFL guy like the Downingtown Flash. People hated Wally Richardson, and all he did was win. Hatred for Z Mills, Tony Sacca, Mike Robinson wasn't accurate enough. Blah blah blah. And if Tommy Stevens wins the job next year - and he's the odds-on favorite - he'll be hated too. It goes with the territory.

No there are a couple I’ve seen the posts.
One of which was titled “is Trace McSorley the most over rated PSU qb in history”:rolleyes:

If someone believe he's the "best in Penn State history" even Collins I think there's an argument that he's the most overrated. Trace is a winner, a great leader and a fighter. Best QB in Penn State history. No. But that doesn't mean I "hate Trace".

Reactions: nits74 and TheGLOV
If someone believe he's the "best in Penn State history" even Collins I think there's an argument that he's the most overrated. Trace is a winner, a great leader and a fighter. Best QB in Penn State history. No. But that doesn't mean I "hate Trace".

We definitely haven't seen this here before. I love that we get brand new members here with fresh, honest, and legitimate perspectives.

HUGE difference between posters here wanting him to be benched vs posters here wanting him to be benched UNTIL HIS INJURY HAS HEALED ENOUGH SO HIS PLAYING DOESN’T HURT THE TEAM.

that is the key point for me also. he was not close to 50% of his skill set after that injury. it was so obvious he was not close vs UMich, and that he was actually at risk of greater injury. UMich was not happy that JF put in Stevens, as they had a difficult time stopping him, including their starters at the end trying to preserve the shutout.

There were scads and oodles of Trace haters on this board. Weak arm - couldn't throw deep downfield. Wouldn't be able to run. Couldn't hit the deep out. Should be playing safety at Vanderbilt. Not big enough.

The only thing different is, we just don't hear them anymore.

People hated Daryll Clark too - they wanted a real can't miss NFL guy like the Downingtown Flash. People hated Wally Richardson, and all he did was win. Hatred for Z Mills, Tony Sacca, Mike Robinson wasn't accurate enough. Blah blah blah. And if Tommy Stevens wins the job next year - and he's the odds-on favorite - he'll be hated too. It goes with the territory.

You stated a false narrative; implied it as truth.

Stop playing "dumb" Fox Chapel Lion II. You're too good at it!

'weak arm' applications in NOOOOOOOOO way = Trace haters.

"stated he couldn't run" - really?? show me that one BEFORE the leg injury in any of his 3 starting years.

"couldn't hit the deep out" = Hmmmmmm...again, not sure I saw these exact words spoken.

Good night David!

Good night Chet!!

And good night to FAKE NEWS!

Fox Chapel Lion II.

that is the key point for me also. he was not close to 50% of his skill set after that injury. it was so obvious he was not close vs UMich, and that he was actually at risk of greater injury. UMich was not happy that JF put in Stevens, as they had a difficult time stopping him, including their starters at the end trying to preserve the shutout.

I think UM was happy with the pick 6 that Tommy threw on his second play from scrimmage. That was the final nail in the coffin that game. And I don’t recall the offense doing anything that game until our last drive when we were down 42-0. I also don’t recall seeing Winovich (their best d lineman) or Gary (their most talented) on the field the last series). They definitely had some starters out there but it wasn’t their A team. I think Tommy is going to be terrific but our offense sucked that game regardless of who was behind center.

Then who say you? Cue Ted Knight: Welllllll.....we're waiting!!!!!!!"

Reactions: TheGLOV and IANit
Collins said he had the best PSU career. That's not the same as best ever. Tony Hunt had the best rushing career but few would call him best ever.
Trace was consistently good for 3 years. That puts him up there. I'd say Collins from late 1993 through 1994 and Blackledge in late 1981 through 1982 are the top QB performers we've had. Trace in later 2016 and 2017 was also very good. Tony Sacca as a senior was pretty good as well. MRob in 2005 was maybe the best leader.

Reactions: TheGLOV
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT