ADVERTISEMENT

For those who are interested.... PSU BOT

This month’s meetings are Thursday and Friday (13th and 14th)

I will be live-tweeting from Tomorrow’s “meetings”.
Anyone interested in PSU Governance..... prepare to be F-ing shocked.

That is all

Storming.....with all due respect.....after all that’s happened over the last several years, I’m not sure ANYTHING the F-ing BOT does on an ongoing basis could shock me.

That is all

Good timing! Just got an 'annual giving' request letter....

tenor.gif

That is all

what is your tweet handle ???

That is all
Is there an agenda for the meetings? Just curious what topics will be discussed so I know in advanced what to be outraged about.

Wuth 6 years of “service” McCombie and Lubrano are eligible for “Emeriti Status”.

GOVERNANCE Committee recommended Yes on McC, No on Lub.....
Those recommendations passed unanimously with no comment from anyone (incl Alum TTEE)

I'll just say that I find that to be very interesting and reserve further comment.

If we elect Barry, would he have access to that secret report he claims the A9 could have released without getting in trouble?

Along the same line, I once watched three monkeys trying to have sex with a football and they were better organized and had more purpose than the psu board of trustees.
You have a very bizarre hobby. :)

Reactions: BudatPSU
Please ask them why PSU’s academic standing per USNews continues to decline massively. Was 4th ranked among big 10, something like 44th nationwide- almost same as Lehigh and 7 times bigger- and now 7th in big 10 and falling. Horrific performance by so-called leadership. Useless. If this was corporate life they and the top academics would be out on their........

Please ask them why PSU’s academic standing per USNews continues to decline massively. Was 4th ranked among big 10, something like 44th nationwide- almost same as Lehigh and 7 times bigger- and now 7th in big 10 and falling. Horrific performance by so-called leadership. Useless. If this was corporate life they and the top academics would be out on their........
They'd have to be listening, now, wouldn't they???

More reason why PSU will never see a nickel from me except my football tix.
They don't even get that from me--tho I did buy a parking pass for this weekend. But this is likely my last home game--and possibly my last PSU game ever if sports continue to go mobile only. I hope not. But it is becoming increasingly difficult to attend games.

Reactions: 91Joe95
The cost - INCLUDING the land - $216 per square foot.
(This is a building previously built by an outside real estate firm - NOT a PSU/Dambly project)

The cost for Dambly’s Abington project two years ago? $360 per sq foot (NOT including the land)...... Abington? $436 per sq foot.

These figures where all presented to the Trustees yesterday.
Still, not one word - not one question - from a single Trustee.

I know one thing. I am done wasting my time reviewing the candidates and voting.
They can all suck it.

Reactions: roswelllion
I don’t know how to link in a photograph to these posts - but I posted a photo of the PowerPoint slide from the Board meeting in my Twitter account - - if anyone is so inclined

Right click the picture... open image in new tab. Take the URL and put it into the picture icon box at the top of the post box.

LdN

(This is a building previously built by an outside real estate firm - NOT a PSU/Dambly project)

The cost for Dambly’s Abington project two years ago? $360 per sq foot (NOT including the land)...... Abington? $436 per sq foot.

Is this is a newly constructed dorm or does it require renovation? Conversely, was the Abinginton project a new construction?

Do you really care? If so:

It was built in 2011/2012 for less than $200 sq foot.

No...I don't care. I was just posting for shits and giggles. (sarcasm off)

I'm trying to get clarification because your post wasn't very clear. An existing building (depending on age and condition) would more than likely require renovation....and particularly if there is a different use from the initial use and particularly if it is older.

Also, land is unique. I would assume (and correct me if I'm wrong), that land in Abington is more valuable than land in Harrisburg....generally speaking of course.

No renovations (If so, I would have included that)

And, uh..... PSU DIDN'T buy any land for the Abington dorms (it was already owned by PSU, and not included in the costs.... which I stated earlier).
So.....?

Don't go "RangerDan"..... or you're on your own :)

Just saying...without context there are questions!

I'm not sure about the RangerDan comment though he has been rather quiet since his menage a trois. Lucky guy.

Good. Abington is 100% occupied and the students are paying a premium. You upset?

And it doesn't matter whether PSU paid $50,000,000 for that building.... or $20,000,000?

On the other hand:
When the University is plundered to the tune of Hundreds of Millions of dollars - that then get thrown onto the backs of the Students and their Families.... that makes me markedly "less than happy".
But, apparently, you are thrilled.

Now, does that make you among the dumbest humps to ever walk top-side.... or some nit-wit stooge? (Not that the two options are mutually exclusive)
And, before you have to ask.... Knowing that there are people like you on this planet? Yes, that makes me unhappy too :)

Ciao

You are not paying their $1000/month rent. The students and their families are paying it. They are paying a premium and they are covering the cost.

When they have enough students that are willing to pay 2k a month they can build a 100M dorm.

You are not paying their $1000/month rent. The students and their families are paying it. They are paying a premium and they are covering the cost.

When they have enough students that are willing to pay 2k a month they can build a 100M dorm.
The only thing positive about you is your name..spot on!!!

I didn't forget about Abington, but I don't dwell on it. As I remember it was $50M for 100 dorm rooms and PSU already owned the land. That figures to 1/2 million a room. I realize you need dining and bathrooms, etc. But for a half million, they should each have their own kitchen, 3 baths, probably parents quarters and a private pool out back. Yet they only charge 1000/month? I think stormingnorm got his finger on the pulse here.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT