ADVERTISEMENT

Football trick plays

psu00

Jan 4, 2010
Just over a week before the start of college football!! Would love to see Penn St pull a few of these through the year. The Cincinnati RB pass (#10) would be great considering how defenses like to focus so much on Barkley.

A lot more trick plays explode in your face than go for big yardage.

Get the ball to SB early and often, block like hell for him, and you don't need any trick plays.

Reactions: LionJim
Sure. You have a much higher chance of success with the cute stuff on special teams. Nobody practices defense for trick plays on special teams.

The snow game against Michigan was the first and last time I ever missed because of weather, and I said that will NEVER happen again.
I didn't miss it. One of the few times in my life I sat on the 50 for a game. They were pretty much giving away tickets. But it was cold..... Oddly enough, the drive in from Columbus wasn't too bad as the roads were pretty good by that time, as they'd had a couple of days to work on them. They never did get all the snow out from under the seats--just off the top--so you sat with your knees up a bit.

Reactions: Fox Chapel Lion II
I didn't miss it. One of the few times in my life I sat on the 50 for a game. They were pretty much giving away tickets. But it was cold..... Oddly enough, the drive in from Columbus wasn't too bad as the roads were pretty good by that time, as they'd had a couple of days to work on them. They never did get all the snow out from under the seats--just off the top--so you sat with your knees up a bit.
A bit? My knees were in my chest the whole game!
Sat in the student section, so I got pelted by snowballs the whole game....so long as you kept your hood up and didn't turn around it wasn't too bad.
Wouldn't have missed it for the world.

A bit? My knees were in my chest the whole game!
Sat in the student section, so I got pelted by snowballs the whole game....so long as you kept your hood up and didn't turn around it wasn't too bad.
Wouldn't have missed it for the world.

Yep, pretty much. But worth it.

Reactions: PSU87
Just over a week before the start of college football!! Would love to see Penn St pull a few of these through the year. The Cincinnati RB pass (#10) would be great considering how defenses like to focus so much on Barkley.

I think you're more likely to see this type of thing with Tommy Stevens lined up in a "traditional Flanker" / slot-back position (i.e., either behind TE/T or slightly offset to outside of TE at least 1-yard behind LOS in "slot") run some of these plays, than SB. Check out where TS was lined up in the Iowa game last year on his long run for a TD. Actually, somebody posted an article the other day where Moorhead talks about the fact that PSU may run some plays/formations with both TM and TS on the field at the same time and how difficult formations like the Iowa one referenced above are for defenses because both TM and TS can run, pass or catch extremely well, so just because TS ran for a TD on the play referenced against Iowa, he could have just as easily pitched the ball downfield for a long gain had Iowa's defensive backfield come up in run-support when they saw TS running free on the edge with lots of room.

Note that Demaryius Thomas didn't even have the correct name on his jersey.

"B. Thomas"

The WR position in that triple option is so much of an afterthought that a future NFL pro bowler can't even get his name ironed on correctly.

I would run the flea flicker at least once every game. It should keep the linebackers and defensive backs honest. With the Penn State offensive line last year. I would have run it every quarter.

In high school my team had no line. We ran the flea flicker for touchdowns at least 5 times.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT