ADVERTISEMENT

Follow up to Lehigh Valley Rumor

People who truly live by a moral compass are often respected and trusted by others. It is those who can follow a pure life devoted to the teachings of a mystic or saint, be it Christ or Rumi, or Nanak or Buddha, that inspire trust and faith in others. What better place to hide your evil ways than to pretend to be such a person.
The crooks and hypocrites may secretly wish to be pure and good people or they may just be purposely trying to deceive - it probably varies from person to person. However, it is the same as an animal that camouflages itself to catch a prey and devour it. Nature is nature and we as people are a part of nature. In this case the camouflage is being a good christian. I hope she gets some help.
The fear I have is that this will lead to trying to destroy religion because it is misused by certain people (i.e...politicians and people claiming to be good Christians or Muslims or Buddhists or fill in the blank). To me it is similar to what is happening with guns. There are a lot of good people who have guns to protect themselves and a few nut jobs go on rampages and the guns are blamed and people want to take away everyone's guns. Hopefully, people will get to keep their religion.

Hopefully, people will get to keep their religion.
Just as everyone has been able to keep all of their guns-including myself, a lifelong hunter/gun owner-I suspect that our religious traditions won't be outlawed any time soon either. My Lutheran church hasn't given any indications that we're going to be dying from any gubment action any time soon.

The new studies add to the existing studies, whose titles are:

He who denied it, supplied it.
He who deduced it, produced it.
He who attributed it, distributed it.
He who detected it, projected it.
He who perceived it, conceived it.
He who expressed it, compressed it.
He who related it, deflated it.
He who derided it, provided it.
He who maligned it, designed it.
He who smelled it, expelled it.
He who opined it, refined it.
He who rued it, brewed it.
He who revealed it, peeled it.
He who quipped it, ripped it.
He who knew it, blew it.
He who reported it, exported it.
He who mocked it, knocked it.
He who spoke it, broke it.
He who exposed it, composed it.
He who noted it, floated it.
He who relayed it, sprayed it.
He who damned it, grand-slammed it.
He who said it, shed it.
He who relayed it, made it.
He who thought it, wrought it.
He who unearthed it, birthed it.
He who sensed it, dispensed it.
He who sensed it, commenced it.
He who spoke it, broke it.
He who disputed it, tooted it.
He who berated it, created it.
He who sensed it, dispensed it.
He who spurned it, burned it.
He who noted it, floated it.
He who declared it, aired it.
He who blurted it, squirted it.
He who speaks it, reeks it.
He who spurned it, burned it.
He who shunned it, tail-gunned it.
He who rebuked it, nuked it.
He who hyped it, piped it

You forgot the most important:

He who said the rhyme, did the crime

Reactions: Dogwelder
"And when you pray, you must not be like the hypocrites. For they love to stand and pray in the synagogues and at the street corners, that they may be seen by others. Truly, I say to you, they have received their reward."

-Matthew 6:5

"And when you pray, you must not be like the hypocrites. For they love to stand and pray in the synagogues and at the street corners, that they may be seen by others. Truly, I say to you, they have received their reward."

-Matthew 6:5
One of the best passages that I refer people who get beside themselves over those who would prefer to not have prayer in school and other public institutions. Baptists, in particular, take this passage very seriously.

"Free will, it is a bitch"
Said by Al Pacino playing John Milton (Satan) in The Devil's Advocate.
Some great quotes are in that movie. For me, the climax scene at the end is maybe one the greatest acted scenes.
You can also add Jack Nicholson being on the witness stand in "A Few Good Men" as a classic movie ending.
Picture Bo Nickal at the end of a big win saying "You don't have what it takes"

"Free will, it is a bitch"
Said by Al Pacino playing John Milton (Satan) in The Devil's Advocate.
Some great quotes are in that movie. For me, the climax scene at the end is maybe one the greatest acted scenes.
You can also add Jack Nicholson being on the witness stand in "A Few Good Men" as a classic movie ending.
Picture Bo Nickal at the end of a big win saying "You don't have what it takes"
"Vanity, my favorite sin"...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT