ADVERTISEMENT

Follow up to Lehigh Valley Rumor

Yikes. I think I may the only normal person that graduated from Northampton :)
Any connection between a 16 year old Northampton wrestler not wrestling this season and this story? I certainly hope not. One of the few areas in the country that have strank in population since I graduated in 1980. I believe the graduation classes now are about what they were when I graduated. My brothers class was about 35% higher than mine 5 years later. I do get back there 3-4 times a year with aging parents. Still great pizza (Marios), subs (J's), drinks (Gin Mill), and hangout (Seemsville Hotel). Also, stop by and get your seafood from the "first family of Lightweight wrestling in Northampton" - the Billy's at Northampton Seafood

Any connection between a 16 year old Northampton wrestler not wrestling this season and this story? I certainly hope not. One of the few areas in the country that have strank in population since I graduated in 1980. I believe the graduation classes now are about what they were when I graduated. My brothers class was about 35% higher than mine 5 years later. I do get back there 3-4 times a year with aging parents. Still great pizza (Marios), subs (J's), drinks (Gin Mill), and hangout (Seemsville Hotel). Also, stop by and get your seafood from the "first family of Lightweight wrestling in Northampton" - the Billy's at Northampton Seafood
The Chlebove issue(s) were totally separate.
From what I heard, Northampton kids were not part of the story.

Reactions: CentexLion
...Bonnie is the wife of Tommy Rohn who had a great high school career at Northampton H. S. and then wrestled for Lehigh for a few years...he was injured early in his career at Lehigh and never achieved his original expectations...after Lehigh he became a part-time assistant coach at Becahi...

... She didn't seduce a 15 year old, she raped a 15 year old ...
As a lover of language, and as a disliker of unnecessary “unwritten (PC) rules”, I would prefer something like:

“She seduced the kid and thereby committed statutory rape on the kid.”

Just saying she raped a kid would fail to distinguish the traditional forcible rape from the newer too-young-to-consent statutory rape, thereby weakening the impact and precision of the word rape.

http://highschoolsports.pennlive.co...round-following-rough-times-in-his-early-20s/

Bonnie Rohn is supposedly a “strong Christian woman”. What does that even mean anymore? I hear that phrase and hide my kids and wallet in that order

It means she spends a lot of time on her knees.
giphy.gif

Julian will be placed in detention center in Jim Thorpe School District , I won’t comment on the charges

Julian will be placed in detention center in Jim Thorpe School District , I won’t comment on the charges
What a change. First it was called Mauch Chunk, then changed to Jim Thorpe, and now changed to Arizona State University. Tough times for that town with all of the name changes. ASU, where no wrestler gets better (per Spyker). ;)

Guessing he'll now be on Iowa's recruiting priority list in a few years.

Actually a beautiful town. Did the New Haven to Jim Thorpe bike ride 2 years ago, and am going to do it again. Very cool. Just completed and was in an Irish bar in town and it rained like I never seen it rain before (and we have massive rain storms here in Texas). The water was pulling the asphalt off the road as it ran down the mountains.

Too bad for Julian. All the potential and I hope he gets it straightened out. He certainly never backed down from a wrestling challenge. I knew something was up when I didn't see him in any of the Koncrete Kids wrestling stats. Northampton can certainly be a bad influence to some. I purposely did not mention his name when I replied, and was hoping for the best.

Heading back there in September for a nephew's wedding. Always fun visiting.

What a change. First it was called Mauch Chunk, then changed to Jim Thorpe, and now changed to Arizona State University. Tough times for that town with all of the name changes. ASU, where no wrestler gets better (per Spyker). ;)

Guessing he'll now be on Iowa's recruiting priority list in a few years.

Actually a beautiful town. Did the New Haven to Jim Thorpe bike ride 2 years ago, and am going to do it again. Very cool. Just completed and was in an Irish bar in town and it rained like I never seen it rain before (and we have massive rain storms here in Texas). The water was pulling the asphalt off the road as it ran down the mountains.

Too bad for Julian. All the potential and I hope he gets it straightened out. He certainly never backed down from a wrestling challenge. I knew something was up when I didn't see him in any of the Koncrete Kids wrestling stats. Northampton can certainly be a bad influence to some. I purposely did not mention his name when I replied, and was hoping for the best.

Heading back there in September for a nephew's wedding. Always fun visiting.

You rode from White Haven, very nice ride. N probly drank at Molly Maguires. I think Julian will rebound with this wakeup call, lucky to stil have a shot as a minor though

Reactions: CentexLion
You rode from White Haven, very nice ride. N probly drank at Molly Maguires. I think Julian will rebound with this wakeup call, lucky to stil have a shot as a minor though
Maybe Moore can drop the the same pixie dust on him that he put on Chance. Chance has been a nice story so far, and it speaks well of that coach and program.

Last edited:
I posted this before , I've heard that Arizona State withdrew their scholarship offer.
I know quite a bit about the one incident in which when he was located , Julian was in a car with another top tier Lehigh Valley wrestler.
I sometimes I get disappointed when Cael doesn't recruit much from District 11, however maybe the Eastern PA kid tends to be a little more wild than the Western PA kid. I coached youth sports for 30+ years and have seen a tremendous change in the kids attitudes and behavior. Our area has been influenced by what I would call a city and shore mentality. I have relatives that live in Milton. The kids I know from that area are more humble and quiet, than what is typical for our area.

I posted this before , I've heard that Arizona State withdrew their scholarship offer.
I know quite a bit about the one incident in which when he was located , Julian was in a car with another top tier Lehigh Valley wrestler.
I sometimes I get disappointed when Cael doesn't recruit much from District 11, however maybe the Eastern PA kid tends to be a little more wild than the Western PA kid. I coached youth sports for 30+ years and have seen a tremendous change in the kids attitudes and behavior. Our area has been influenced by what I would call a city and shore mentality. I have relatives that live in Milton. The kids I know from that area are more humble and quiet, than what is typical for our area.

Didn't last years 125 title match last year highlight a couple D11 kids....who were both doing quite well?

Didn't last years 125 title match last year highlight a couple D11 kids....who were both doing quite well?

One of them was a great kid and one of them was part of a prescription drug racket that led to the ushering out of their long-time coach.

One of them was a great kid and one of them was part of a prescription drug racket that led to the ushering out of their long-time coach.
Cael did recruit him, but had a pretty good option (Nico) with remaining eligibility.

Cael also recruited another D11 wrestler who got his college coach fired. Dodged a bullet there -- literally, as in teammates being robbed by hookers he called to the team hotel.

I'm also surprised Cael hasn't landed any elite D11 kids yet, but it makes sense with process of elimination (AA/champ prospect, good student, good culture fit, low risk, lineup duplication, etc.) -- most kids anywhere will get tripped up by at least one of those.

Last edited:
Cael also recruited another D11 wrestler who got his college coach fired. Dodged a bullet there -- literally, as in teammates being robbed by hookers he called to the team hotel.

A natural fit at Pitt.

Bonnie Rohn is supposedly a “strong Christian woman”. What does that even mean anymore? I hear that phrase and hide my kids and wallet in that order
Truer words could not be spoken.

A lot of interesting research coming out of sociology is attempting to address this very question right now. In short, the self-proclaimed, "very religious" seem to prefer public displays of religion, but not private displays of it as much, which is what we're all suspecting.

Truer words could not be spoken.

A lot of interesting research coming out of sociology is attempting to address this very question right now. In short, the self-proclaimed, "very religious" seem to prefer public displays of religion, but not private displays of it as much, which is what we're all suspecting.
That screams government funding research that any idiot knows to be true -- to broaden it, moralizing and not just religious. NY State AG being a classic case of someone whose public moralizing provided public cover for his private misdeeds.

Reactions: dbldoofus
That screams government funding research that any idiot knows to be true -- to broaden it, moralizing and not just religious. NY State AG being a classic case of someone whose public moralizing provided public cover for his private misdeeds.

Makes me wonder if this applies to cidhawkeye and his virtue signalling? :)

Using the NY AG as an example. Do you suppose the person has to be a moralizing hypocrite to win an election to that post? Or do you suppose the position molds a person into a moralizing hypocrite?
There appears a strong correlation, but I am now pondering causation.

All joking aside, it is my belief the reason many in elected offices appear to be moralizing hypocrites is because it simply reflects our population.

Reactions: Ski
Nope, these are institutionally and private funded studies. Furthermore, and most importantly, these are peer reviewed studies, so, yes, they are "true" as "true" can get scientifically. I found no problem with them or their methodologies and I've been doing it professionally for 22 years, and nearly 30 years, when you include my years as a student researcher.

Most who speak to science don't usually know about the peer review process, what it entails, and how it throws out and disqualifies bunk research. ;)

Last edited:
NY State AG being a classic case of someone whose public moralizing provided public cover for his private misdeeds.
That isn't even remotely what these studies were saying, nor the conclusions that they reached.

In sociology, it's the difference between private and public religion, which is the gist of the findings today.

Using the NY AG as an example. Do you suppose the person has to be a moralizing hypocrite to win an election to that post? Or do you suppose the position molds a person into a moralizing hypocrite?
There appears a strong correlation, but I am now pondering causation.

All joking aside, it is my belief the reason many in elected offices appear to be moralizing hypocrites is because it simply reflects our population.
And, again, that wasn't the findings of the research that I'm referencing.

And, again, that wasn't the findings of the research that I'm referencing.
Which part? That the NY AG position corrupts, or it requires a corrupt person to win the position?

Or just that my belief that most are (can be) moralizing hypocrites?

Which part? That the NY AG position corrupts, or it requires a corrupt person to win the position?

Or just that my belief that most are (can be) moralizing hypocrites?
Hypocrisy was not what any of the researchers were trying to measure. They were trying to determine if public proclamations of their religiosity matched with their private practices and beliefs of their religiosity.

In short, public religion would says, "We're a Christian nation;" "I want leaders who will live by their Christian faith," vis a vis private religion, which is how much we actually practice our faith and live by it's tenets. Hypocrisy, therefore, is a separate measure and not within the realm of our science, as that would lose its objectivity.

Hypocrisy, therefore, is a separate measure and not within the realm of our science, as that would lose its objectivity.
Got it.
Someone using "good Christian" as a measuring stick adjective has always given me an inter sense of "oh-oh". I am ok with my empirical data reaffirming my subjective point of view.

Reactions: dbldoofus
The new studies add to the existing studies, whose titles are:

He who denied it, supplied it.
He who deduced it, produced it.
He who attributed it, distributed it.
He who detected it, projected it.
He who perceived it, conceived it.
He who expressed it, compressed it.
He who related it, deflated it.
He who derided it, provided it.
He who maligned it, designed it.
He who smelled it, expelled it.
He who opined it, refined it.
He who rued it, brewed it.
He who revealed it, peeled it.
He who quipped it, ripped it.
He who knew it, blew it.
He who reported it, exported it.
He who mocked it, knocked it.
He who spoke it, broke it.
He who exposed it, composed it.
He who noted it, floated it.
He who relayed it, sprayed it.
He who damned it, grand-slammed it.
He who said it, shed it.
He who relayed it, made it.
He who thought it, wrought it.
He who unearthed it, birthed it.
He who sensed it, dispensed it.
He who sensed it, commenced it.
He who disputed it, tooted it.
He who berated it, created it.
He who spurned it, burned it.
He who declared it, aired it.
He who blurted it, squirted it.
He who speaks it, reeks it.
He who shunned it, tail-gunned it.
He who rebuked it, nuked it.
He who hyped it, piped it

Reactions: Creek Side
The new studies add to the existing studies, whose titles are:

He who denied it, supplied it.
He who deduced it, produced it.
He who attributed it, distributed it.
He who detected it, projected it.
He who perceived it, conceived it.
He who expressed it, compressed it.
He who related it, deflated it.
He who derided it, provided it.
He who maligned it, designed it.
He who smelled it, expelled it.
He who opined it, refined it.
He who rued it, brewed it.
He who revealed it, peeled it.
He who quipped it, ripped it.
He who knew it, blew it.
He who reported it, exported it.
He who mocked it, knocked it.
He who exposed it, composed it.
He who relayed it, sprayed it.
He who damned it, grand-slammed it.
He who said it, shed it.
He who relayed it, made it.
He who thought it, wrought it.
He who unearthed it, birthed it.
He who sensed it, commenced it.
He who disputed it, tooted it.
He who berated it, created it.
He who declared it, aired it.
He who blurted it, squirted it.
He who speaks it, reeks it.
He who shunned it, tail-gunned it.
He who rebuked it, nuked it.
He who hyped it, piped it
TL; DR

I just got caught up with this thread from when I last posted. It certainly took a turn in a peculiar way.
Most of us would like to believe active church attendees and morals would go hand in hand, however it's sad to say, that is not always the case. I am not a good church goer but I know for a fact I live my life with more moral conviction than many "Devoted Christians".
Our society has been flooded with hypocrites. Examples would be, politicians who claim they are going vote for their constiuates and then always vote party lines. Less we not forget the Catholic Priests who speak about immoral behavior, yet they have had a major issue that's been swept under the pulpit for years.
It's sad to say religious and social serving people do not always have proper morals or ethics.

"Beware on Monday those who shout the loudest on Sunday." Sadly.....far too much truth. Capone went to church every Sunday.....just sayin'

Reactions: Dogwelder
ADVERTISEMENT