ADVERTISEMENT

Foley's Friday Mailbag for 9/6/19

Tom McAndrew

May 29, 2001
T.R.'s opening commentary was about the Zain-Yianni match, a Q&A about the Zain-Yianni match, and an answer that includes Zain

For those keeping track, this is week 153, and despite promises he tweeted, no response to Flo's article about Olympic reffing corruption from Foley.

Mike C was back in his glory, as he got 3 of the 5 questions in this week's Mailbag.

You can access this week's Mailbag at THIS LINK

For those keeping track, this is week 153, and despite promises he tweeted, no response to Flo's article about Olympic reffing corruption from Foley.
Probably the same as his take on the UWW's rampant corruption: "I get it. Wrong calls happen, bad calls happen, and we want to ensure that everything is always one-hundred percent perfect. But ask Ian Miller if everything is fair and perfect. It's not. When matches are over, they should be over."

I can't get over the fact that he hired a magician to be part of his marriage proposal.

Reactions: hlstone
I can't get over the fact that he hired a magician to be part of his marriage proposal.
What got me (as an occasional editor) wasn't that but the casualness of the loaded aside. It's like reading an article about IRA retirement strategies and coming across a sentence that starts out, "As someone who has owned not one but eight traveling carnivals, I feel compelled to mention that..."

What got me (as an occasional editor) wasn't that but the casualness of the loaded aside. It's like reading an article about IRA retirement strategies and coming across a sentence that starts out, "As someone who has owned not one but eight traveling carnivals, I feel compelled to mention that..."
It would be like reading an article about intellectual property, and seeing a sentence starting with "As someone who tried to trademark the word 'THE' ..."

Last edited:
thought he only focused on freestyle..."While I certainly respect Uguev's title run last year, I feel like Daton can give him fits for seven minutes."

Better give him fits for 6 minutes as the 7th minute won't help Fix any. Just saying. :D

Reactions: CowboyUp61
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT