ADVERTISEMENT

Foley's Friday Mailbag for 11/3/17

Tom McAndrew

May 29, 2001
Foley gave predictions for the NWCA All-Star Classic, so 2 PSUers are mentioned in that answer. Nothing else about a PSU or NLWC wrestler.

For those keeping track, this is week 57, and despite promises he tweeted, no response to Flo's article about Olympic reffing corruption from Foley.

Mike C has only 3 questions in this week's Mailbag.

You can access the Mailbag at THIS LINK.

I usually let you guys point out some of the gems from Foley's Mailbag, but you're slipping today. So to get things started, I'll provide this one:

"The recent announcement by the Blue Ribbon Task Force that the wrestling season should be contained within one semester aligns with the idea of having a kickoff event."

First, I disagree with many of the statements/proposals from the Blue Ribbon Task Force.

Second, the NWCA All-Star Classic has done pretty well in past years, despite wrestling not being restricted to one semester

Third, how does the proposal for one semester align with the idea of having a kickoff event? The event could be held in early-November, mid-November, early-December, etc. (whenever the season starts) and it would serve nicely as a kickoff event.

smh

TR liked my tweet last night, so for 72hrs he is my internet purgatory. Monday its back to normal.

although he did lay down a small zinger with his #gillmandebacle

It would seem to me any kick off event would need to be produced or scheduled so it could be on one of the ESPN FOX or NBC channels to do anything real for the sport

I usually let you guys point out some of the gems from Foley's Mailbag, but you're slipping today. So to get things started, I'll provide this one:

"The recent announcement by the Blue Ribbon Task Force that the wrestling season should be contained within one semester aligns with the idea of having a kickoff event."

First, I disagree with many of the statements/proposals from the Blue Ribbon Task Force.

Second, the NWCA All-Star Classic has done pretty well in past years, despite wrestling not being restricted to one semester

Third, how does the proposal for one semester align with the idea of having a kickoff event? The event could be held in early-November, mid-November, early-December, etc. (whenever the season starts) and it would serve nicely as a kickoff event.

smh
I thought the same thing!!! How does that "Align".

As tough as Valencia is, don't see him beating Hall.....especially when it really counts in March.

You don't realize that by linking his mailbag here that you're part of the problem? Stop giving him clicks. He's a sensationalist click bait journalist and a douchebag.

Last edited:
You don't realize that but linking his mailbag here that you're part of the problem? Stop giving him clicks. He's a sensationalist click bait journalist and a douchebag.
Maybe you should call intermat's QA Department and alert them to his clickbait strategy and douchebaggery (since their compliance offices wouldn't handle that).

Reactions: slushhead
To: vodka

Just an FYI, during the season we (mostly Tom) post links to wrestling news, and updated rankings nearly every day. It’s what’s done here. The mailbag is just one small example.

After that, it’s each person’s choice to read or not read.

To vodka:

If you didn't like us before F U now.

Peace and love, peace and love

Ps - if anyone wants to go to the parking lot for some beers I'll go with u.

Reactions: slushhead

smh

Tom, I think you are overlooking the fact that fewer and fewer of us actually bother reading Foley, since IMHO he doesn't add anything worth reading.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT