ADVERTISEMENT

Foley's Bag 6-30-17

If I were a middle-school English teacher, and a kid came up with the following tortured, twisted straw-man reasoning and illogic and nonsense grammar, I would give it a C-:

"Wrestling in America has a predictable value set -- one leader within the sport once referring to the crowd as disciples of "Jesus, Guns and Trump." But I think that Pico's loss showed that there is a much broader cross section of individuals involved in our sport than we tend to recognize. Forgiving the political leanings, the biggest divide is between those who think wrestling is that which delivers salvation and purity to one and all, and those who believe the sport and its followers can, and are, flawed."

[edit: I would also ask the kid: were you on drugs when you wrote this?]

Last edited:
I just want to save Tom M. some time over the holiday weekend:

"For those keeping track, this is week 39, and despite promises he tweeted, no response to Flo's article about Olympic reffing corruption from Foley."
You could further save Tom's time and attach the disclaimer for 40-52.;)

Reactions: Diego Badman
If I were a middle-school English teacher, an a kid came up with the following tortured, twisted straw-man reasoning and illogic and nonsense grammar, I would give it a C-:

"Wrestling in America has a predictable value set -- one leader within the sport once referring to the crowd as disciples of "Jesus, Guns and Trump." But I think that Pico's loss showed that there is a much broader cross section of individuals involved in our sport than we tend to recognize. Forgiving the political leanings, the biggest divide is between those who think wrestling is that which delivers salvation and purity to one and all, and those who believe the sport and its followers can, and are, flawed."

[edit: I would also ask the kid: were you on drugs when you wrote this?]
that's why drugs are bad

Reactions: Dogwelder
I just want to save Tom M. some time over the holiday weekend:

"For those keeping track, this is week 39, and despite promises he tweeted, no response to Flo's article about Olympic reffing corruption from Foley."

speaking of which, does anyone have a copy of the tweet that Foley posted that indicated he'd respond to the claims made in Flo's article? If so, could you post it? TIA

My connection is too slow to dig that far back into Foley's twitter ... but the Flo Rio ref article was 9/26, so Foley's tweet would've been within a few days after that.

speaking of which, does anyone have a copy of the tweet that Foley posted that indicated he'd respond to the claims made in Flo's article? If so, could you post it? TIA
Found this exchange in the q&a at the end of the 10/7/2016 mailbag:

Speaking of which, Foley tweeted last week that he would discuss international corruption during this mailbag:
https://twitter.com/smidt_ryan/status/781938540707975168

the gobbler ‏@smidt_ryan Sep 30
@WrestleETR @trfoley @abiondo97 @CPyles8 Foley, when should we expect more in response to the alleged corruption?

T.R. Foley ‏@trfoley Sep 30
@smidt_ryan @WrestleETR @abiondo97 @CPyles8 coming week

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT