ADVERTISEMENT

Flo Video on Knox Recruiting (Cael)

The midnight call is something that parents and athletes have made a thing. The top programs dont make those calls currently. They don't feel they've to. Also with NIL that offer is what will make the athletes feel more wanted not a midnight call
Yep, Cael could afford to not look as desperate as some other coaches. He's obviously busy winning team titles each year so he might not be able to call until later that day after lunch, but he calls. ;)

Yep, Cael could afford to not look as desperate as some other coaches. He's obviously busy winning team titles each year so he might not be able to call until later that day after lunch, but he calls. ;)
I don't disagree. I think a call at Midnight is kind of silly and truth be told it's pretty clear based upon being several minutes past midnight that Knox was at best Cornell's second call. How does that feel?

As for Cael, word has it that he knocked on Suriano's door at midnight. Those were different times but...

Knox was at 126 in April, and has 2 years of HS left. Plus his dad isn't small. 125 ain't happening, and 133 is probably optimistic.
I am just excited if we get Knox, we get poppa Knox and he fills the void of uncle Tony. Lots to be thankful for if we land Fort Knox.

• Haha
Reactions: mcpat and El-Jefe
Things can change but I remember @CSauertiegPSU said he believed it was Princeton and PSU for Knox a while back. Similar story with Duke with Cornell.

Sounds like Cael isn’t throwing his hat in the ring for Lockett (can’t imagine he’s anywhere but Oklahoma State anyways) so really other big target would be Correa (plus one level guy regardless of fit) and Johnson (M2 heavy)

Reactions: zzs006
Things can change but I remember @CSauertiegPSU said he believed it was Princeton and PSU for Knox a while back. Similar story with Duke with Cornell.

Sounds like Cael isn’t throwing his hat in the ring for Lockett (can’t imagine he’s anywhere but Oklahoma State anyways) so really other big target would be Correa (plus one level guy regardless of fit) and Johnson (M2 heavy)
Pfft!!! What does @CSauertiegPSU know

giphy.gif

• Haha
Reactions: danoftw and hlstone

lockett released his top 7 and PSU wasn’t even in it. I think he has gotten the writing on the wall that there isn’t much room at the inn. It was OKST Cornell Minny Little Rock ASU ISU Iowa btw

lockett released his top 7 and PSU wasn’t even in it. I think he has gotten the writing on the wall that there isn’t much room at the inn. It was OKST Cornell Minny Little Rock ASU ISU Iowa btw
If the goal is winning national championships and there is no room to spare at the PSU inn Cornell is the next logical pick.

But if your heart has always been to wear orange and black cowboy singlets, Okie State should be the pick.

Reactions: Ja1339

I wouldn’t count out Rutgers either. Him and Dean Peterson went to the same high school. Local team

I wouldn’t count out Rutgers either. Him and Dean Peterson went to the same high school. Local team
He seems to be a talent typically out of Rutgers' reach. Especially right out of HS. Maybe after he spends a year or two in another Big10 wrestling room learning high skill wrestling the Scarlett Knight coaching staff could recruit him into the portal.

• Haha
Reactions: Brian LB-U
He seems to be a talent typically out of Rutgers' reach. Especially right out of HS. Maybe after he spends a year or two in another Big10 wrestling room learning high skill wrestling the Scarlett Knight coaching staff could recruit him into the portal.
Sounds familiar

#yougottaletitgo

Wasn't about 3/4 of Rutgers' roster high school teammates with Robbie Howard?

I won't be surprised if they're on Knox's finalist list. Would be shocked if he chooses them.

Reactions: nitlion6 and zzs006
Lockett is a big talent but between him being a Stillwater kid and us having a huge jam at any of his potential weights, doesn’t make much sense for coaches to pursue. Correa though I imagine the coaches are all in for no matter what.

Wasn't about 3/4 of Rutgers' roster high school teammates with Robbie Howard?

I won't be surprised if they're on Knox's finalist list. Would be shocked if he chooses them.
I think that’s a bit facetious. Maybe 3 or 4 kids on the roster went to Bergen and even that’s a stretch.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT