ADVERTISEMENT

Flo Video on Knox Recruiting (Cael)

I feel like Um.,,,Hi , this is Bobby Telford from Iowa may be a joke around here for a good bit, lol
And deservedly so. It's a weird choice for a first contact. He's not the head coach. He's not the lead assistant. He's not the recruiting coordinator. He's not pulling double-duty as HWC head coach while on the varsity staff. And he's not remotely in Knox's weight class (outweighs Knox by about 150 lb).

The only kinda sorta connection is that Telford grew up in Delaware, 2 hrs from Knox. Which is fine for follow-on contacts ... but tell Knox he's not a priority without telling him he's not a priority.

BTW, if we land Knox, somebody's gotta make a gif of the 5-sec sequence where Knox sees Cael's text, smiles, and nods. Pure gold.
It was a moment. You can’t make that stuff up. And then you think of what it means. The guy who called DT, Ed Ruth, Zain, Nolf, Bo, VJ, Mark, RBY, Nick Lee, Cstar, AB, Kerk, Levi, BB… is calling you.

Last edited:
I’ll guess Rutgers, Cornell,Michigan, and PSU are finalists based upon absolutely nothing in hopes others with knowledge respond, lol
I seriously doubt he's leaning in any direction yet. But just from the video, his strongest reactions were for 3 of these schools ^^. Coincidentally or otherwise, their head coaches contacted him.

Interestingly enough: the Recruiting National Champs were not on his call/text board at the end of the video -- though Tan Tom was the very first follower on the screenshot of Knox's Instagram page.

Reactions: Sullivan
They made a pretty big deal about staying up past midnight, remembering who reached out then and who would be the first call. On top of that, others have posted that Dad is big on Ivy. And based on what I saw, I would guess having to paying tuition isn’t a big issue for the family.

Putting that all together, I might think Cornell is the early leader in the clubhouse with 54 holes left to play.

Key takeaways: 17 calls and two made the biggest impacts.

Kudos to Cornell, but that honor would have gone to whomever reached out first, and then there was the last call.

Iowa checks the box, but really? A bit embarrassing. NIL bags is their new core recruiting strategy. Good for AAs but not so good for multi time NCs.

A Cael call is a trump card, no other way of looking at it.

Coincidentally, I think PSU and Cornell will be his final 2.

I like our chances and I like his chances in our room.

We need knox. That would be a great addition. The dad seems to be loaded and he can replace Uncle Tony. Zero doubt he has a few gold chains to wear around.

Telford instead of Lee or the head coach? They must not want Knox at all.

Thanks for the continuous laughter.
“Hello Anthony, this is Larry Lee, I am calling on behalf of my son, Spencer. He hopes you will come wrestle at Iowa. You wont actually be able to wrestle AGAINST Spencer, but you WILL have access too everyone else who hasnt left the team by the time you arrive”

Would someone like to comment on Knox's credentials, weight projection etc?

Note: Google is NOT my friend.
2x NJ state champ. Career 72-1, only loss as a FR in the Escape the Rock finals, in OT to PA state champ Zach Jacaruso.

16U freestyle national champ.

2 months ago, crushed his weight (126) at Journeyman -- Lilledahl was in the field. 5-0 with 5 shutout TFs.

TL;DR: he's extremely good. No coach in the country will turn him away.

He might get the "I won't let you say no" pursuit Cael gave Van Ness and Franklin gave Saquon.

2x NJ state champ. Career 72-1, only loss as a FR in the Escape the Rock finals, in OT to PA state champ Zach Jacaruso.

16U freestyle national champ.

2 months ago, crushed his weight (126) at Journeyman -- Lilledahl was in the field. 5-0 with 5 shutout TFs.

TL;DR: he's extremely good. No coach in the country will turn him away.

He might get the "I won't let you say no" pursuit Cael gave Van Ness and Franklin gave Saquon.

So that's why TnT relegated the call to Telford. The playing field is getting leveler...

One thought from the video, Knox didn’t get any calls at midnight exactly and a few minutes after got the call from Mike Grey. I would guess that Grey called Duke at 12:00 and Knox right after that. Those 2 would be a huge recruiting class for Cornell and I wouldn’t be surprised if they get them

One thought from the video, Knox didn’t get any calls at midnight exactly and a few minutes after got the call from Mike Grey. I would guess that Grey called Duke at 12:00 and Knox right after that. Those 2 would be a huge recruiting class for Cornell and I wouldn’t be surprised if they get them
Knox telling Grey he's going to PSU after putting this together

giphy.gif

So that's why TnT relegated the call to Telford. The playing field is getting leveler...
They have a system.
One career loss. Telford calls.
Undefeated. Morningstar calls.
You AA for another team. Lar calls.
Show your bung on the internet. Brands Bros show up at your house with a blank check signed by Big Bucks Bob.

Last edited:
Are Knox and Basset in the same weight? In college? I like Knox a lot, but I think Basset is better if they wrestle in the same weight. That said, I am no expert.

The midnight call is something that parents and athletes have made a thing. The top programs dont make those calls currently. They don't feel they've to. Also with NIL that offer is what will make the athletes feel more wanted not a midnight call

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT