ADVERTISEMENT

First date with your wife or girlfriend

Me—.
Penguins game

pens vs Hurricanes

blind date

married going on 20 years 4 kids
I've told this story before, but I asked my wife to the prom even though I had never asked her out before. She accepted and we began a lifelong journey that continues to this day. Since the prom was over a month away, we did have a date before it.....a movie. :)

This is a tough one. We started hanging out a lot before dating. On March 7th, 1998 (exactly two weeks after my father died) we went to dinner and a Lexington Thoroughblades hockey game. On the way to the game I asked her if we were dating. She didn’t answer me until after dinner and the game. Her answer was no. So, I continued hanging out with her but also brought a couple of other girls around. On May 5th she came with me to my softball game. After the game we hung out and she decided we were dating. 3 days later we drive to Chicago to see her sister in a choir competition. So I’m not sure which of those would count as the first date but it would be one of those.

Lunch at the Corner Room. I was hungover like nobody's business so barely ate my food. Walked her back to her apartment in Hetzel Plaza. Conversation was running dry and things were getting a little silent type awkward. There was a Victoria Secret's catalog on the counter and I mentioned something about it out of half desperation and it sparked the conversation and now 25+ years later.

Unintentional first date with my wife....

My old PSU roommate called me up asking me to head out with him. There was a girl in his office he was trying to hookup with and he found out she was going to Brownies in Conshohoken. He asked me to go and I told him I was beat from work and didn’t wanna go. He begged me and I said “sure I’ll be your designated driver then”. We showed up and I made my way to the bar and ordered a soda. This very attractive girl next to me did the same. I told her “I’ll buy the next round”. As we talked I told her I didn’t want to be there...my buddy dragged me here and I decided to be his designated driver. She said “that’s crazy...me too. I didn’t want to come either but my girlfriend was dying to get out so I told her I’d be her DD. She’s an accountant and was telling everyone in her office she was heading out tonight since it was the end of tax season”. I said...”funny you say that. My friend is an accountant”. Next thing we knew my friend walked up to me and her friend walked up to her and it turns out her friend was the girl my old roommate was looking for.

We talked for the rest of the night and 24 years later....both my wife and I are still married. So are my old roommate and my wife’s friend he was gently “stalking”. We vacation together at times and our kids love hanging out together.

If I had stuck with my NO to my old roommate or my wife had stuck with her NO to her friend, none of this would have happened. Crazy how life works.

I've told this story before, but I asked my wife to the prom even though I had never asked her out before. She accepted and we began a lifelong journey that continues to this day. Since the prom was over a month away, we did have a date before it.....a movie. :)
I asked a cheerleader, who I never said a word to, to prom and she said yes. Fun, but not a love connection. First date with my wife was to "beautiful" Shea Stadium for a Mets game in 1990. Will be married 29 years in January.

My employer was her employer’s biggest customer
Her employer celebrated their 90th year in business as part of a large local convention (American Iron & Steel Engineers)
I won the raffle for 4 Steelers’ tickets
She handed them to me and looked and smelt wonderful
I invited her to the Steelers’ game and she accepted
We met in town and drove to the game together to meet my best friend and wife who had a tailgate spot
I introduced her to my best friend and his wife (also a lifelong friend) as Donna
Donna is not my wife’s name
This was 1989
We dated until 1997
Then got married (in a helicopter overlooking the Vegas strip)
I overcame adversity!
Still going strong! ;)

Met my wife thru Match.com. We set a date but at the last minute the sitter bailed on watching her 5 year old son. I told her bring him along. How bad could it be, right? Well, she slipped off to the bathroom leaving her son behind with me. The boy got off the chair grabbed my forearm with both hands and proceed to bit me.

Met my wife thru Match.com. We set a date but at the last minute the sitter bailed on watching her 5 year old son. I told her bring him along. How bad could it be, right? Well, she slipped off to the bathroom leaving her son behind with me. The boy got off the chair grabbed my forearm with both hands and proceed to bit me.

HAHAHAHAHA!

Did ya bite him back when she was not looking?

;)

That little motherfuc#er would have had a huge lump on his head when mom returned!

Reactions: TheGLOV
First met as I was working the cash register at Sweetbriar GC in Avon Lake, OH. Bought her and friends beer as they waited to golf.
She called me the next night and asked me to Cleveland Indians tailgating and game. I was working.
Met up for some golf at the course and wings at Around the Corner in Lakewood.
@Obliviax - right there in your stomping grounds.

OL

Reactions: Obliviax
Went to a really nice restaurant in Lansdale of all places on Valentine's Day. Great first date 37 years later.

I asked if I could give her a ride to a high school event where we both had to do some background work. A good friend egged me on to do it and I showed up at her door unexpectedly. She raced to get ready and her mother pushed her out the door, nearly. After the event I took her home and we paused outside in an uncomfortable moment when she leaned forward and kissed me, then spun around and sped into her home. I was a bit stupefied and had that look when I got back in the car. My friend saw it and asked "did she kiss you?", I affirmed and he had the largest smile on his face as if he were responsible for the whole event, which he actually was. Next week will be our 44th anniversary with my friend being the best man at our wedding. It was the best thing I ever did and has paid dividends compiled over all those years. There is nothing like the love of a good woman.

We met online.

1st date was at a bar and we talked all night until last call. By the end of the date I felt like I knew her my whole life, just not a few hours. Later she told me that she told her friends the next day that she met the man she would marry.

Married 12 years now with two kids, 9 and 7.

Rodney had a blind date. He was supposed to meet her in front of a restaurant. He saw a woman standing alone so he asked "Are you Louise?" She responded "Are you Rodney?" He said "yes". She said "I'm not Louise".
Rodney told Carson that it was lonely on the top....
....especially when there's no one on the bottom

First met as I was working the cash register at Sweetbriar GC in Avon Lake, OH. Bought her and friends beer as they waited to golf.
She called me the next night and asked me to Cleveland Indians tailgating and game. I was working.
Met up for some golf at the course and wings at Around the Corner in Lakewood.
@Obliviax - right there in your stomping grounds.

OL
Yes sir. Right up the road

Met at a party at my fraternity. Gave her a ride home and asked her out on the drive to her apartment. That was 38 years ago. We will be married 36 years next month.

Funny story. She was two years behind me at PSU. After I graduated we were watching, we were watching the 82 PSU - Notre Dame game at my parents house in a State College. PSU hit a big play to seal the game. My now wife jumps out of her chair throwing her arms in the air and punches out a fluorescent light fixture in our basement rec room. My dad came running downstairs after hearing the crash and we are standing there laughing. I knew that day that any girl that could get that excited about Penn State football was the girl for me.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT