ADVERTISEMENT

Findlay OH QB Ryan Montgomery commits to...

RickinDayton

May 29, 2001
University of Georgia today. I know PSU was recruiting him but might not have made the finalists.

Commitment is a very temporary status these days. He could end up literally anywhere by signing day for all we know.
I feel like these commitments from out-of-state kids are tough. They sound good, who wouldn't want to play for GA? But the family is so far away. You need that support structure as you transition from a high school environment to college let alone a cut-throat football team. I am sure he did his homework but I'd have leaned to tOSU, UM or ND from western Ohio. All are within a two hour drive.

I feel like these commitments from out-of-state kids are tough. They sound good, who wouldn't want to play for GA? But the family is so far away. You need that support structure as you transition from a high school environment to college let alone a cut-throat football team. I am sure he did his homework but I'd have leaned to tOSU, UM or ND from western Ohio. All are within a two hour drive.
Probably had been courting him for a while to build the relationship then when they missed out on Zollers went hard to get him.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT