ADVERTISEMENT

Film Study - PSU Defensive Ends vs. Iowa

CaliLION79

Sep 27, 2020
PSU D vs. Iowa Film Study

See Link. Not much to dissect...Isaac, Chop, DDS, Vanover, they're just fun to watch. The one thing that has stood out through 4 weeks that Codutti touches upon is that we're not seeing as many guys out of position or unsure where to be/what to do/what their assignment is compared to this time last year (especially with the 3rd down Prowler pressure packages). I guess you just attribute that to guys having a full 20 months at this point in Diaz's system. Also, Curtis Jacobs doesn't have a ton of splashy statistics, but he's playing out of his mind this year, IMO.

Just curious has Manny said what his career aspirations are? Like is he so desperate to be a head coach again that he'll jump at a conference usa or sun belt job? Or is he going to be more selective? Or does he just wanna be a coordinator for now?

The DL, along with all of the D, has been spectacular. I still am concerned about heavy run games between the tackles.

Tangentially, I thought you and the board might get a kick of of this. Apparently, the titans wanted to double team Myles Garrett in the Browns/Titans game. Garrett figured it out and started moving back and forth making the Titans adjust to him. They did it so much they got a delay of game penalty.

Myles Garrett, BTW, graded out higher than TJ Watt in the Browns/Steelers game and had 3.5 sacks last weekend. If he stays healthy (and doesn't wreck his Porsche) he is going to be a beast this year.

Just curious has Manny said what his career aspirations are? Like is he so desperate to be a head coach again that he'll jump at a conference usa or sun belt job? Or is he going to be more selective? Or does he just wanna be a coordinator for now?

I'm pretty sure I read somewhere before the start of the season that he considers PSU just a pitstop to rebuild his resume before going on to a P5 head coaching position. /s

The DL, along with all of the D, has been spectacular. I still am concerned about heavy run games between the tackles.

Tangentially, I thought you and the board might get a kick of of this. Apparently, the titans wanted to double team Myles Garrett in the Browns/Titans game. Garrett figured it out and started moving back and forth making the Titans adjust to him. They did it so much they got a delay of game penalty.

Myles Garrett, BTW, graded out higher than TJ Watt in the Browns/Steelers game and had 3.5 sacks last weekend. If he stays healthy (and doesn't wreck his Porsche) he is going to be a beast this year.

lol that's amazing. we didn't see that.

He has publicly said he'd like to be a head coach again, but that it would have to be the right fit.

PSU D vs. Iowa Film Study

See Link. Not much to dissect...Isaac, Chop, DDS, Vanover, they're just fun to watch. The one thing that has stood out through 4 weeks that Codutti touches upon is that we're not seeing as many guys out of position or unsure where to be/what to do/what their assignment is compared to this time last year (especially with the 3rd down Prowler pressure packages). I guess you just attribute that to guys having a full 20 months at this point in Diaz's system. Also, Curtis Jacobs doesn't have a ton of splashy statistics, but he's playing out of his mind this year, IMO.
Few more weeks of learning Manny’s D these guys could be good!😉

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT