ADVERTISEMENT

Film Study - Clifford/Roberson vs. Iowa

CaliLION79

Sep 27, 2020
PSU O vs. IOWA FILM STUDY

Per usual, see link. They breakdown the 4th and 3 4th Quarter Turnover on Downs, which was probably the play that best illustrated that Roberson wasn't ready for the moment...love the "this looks terrible" quote he gives at the end of that play lol. Sums it all up perfectly.

Last edited:
Reactions: psualt
For those who were upset at JF/MY, this should alleviate some of your. (I know certain folk ain't letting anything go)

So much for Iowa adjusting and shutting down our offense. Terribly placed throws, missed reads, and open WRs all over the field in the 7-13 clips shown with TR at QB.

I think everything we saw is fixable. The two post routes to Dotson could have been 40+ or TDs. The right read, just didn't throw the ball to where the route was going.

He'll nail that vs Illinois.

For those who were upset at JF/MY, this should alleviate some of your. (I know certain folk ain't letting anything go)

So much for Iowa adjusting and shutting down our offense. Terribly placed throws, missed reads, and open WRs all over the field in the 7-13 clips shown with TR at QB.

I think everything we saw is fixable. The two post routes to Dotson could have been 40+ or TDs. The right read, just didn't throw the ball to where the route was going.

I saw all of that rewatching the game on Sunday. Could the problem be that Roberson is only 5’9” and he can’t see over the linemen? Not sure, but receivers were running wide open and he just took his first read.

I saw all of that rewatching the game on Sunday. Could the problem be that Roberson is only 5’9” and he can’t see over the linemen? Not sure, but receivers were running wide open and he just took his first read.
I also hope the accuracy issues were just jitters from his first game and the hostile environment.

Reactions: lazydave841
After watching the video and remembering back to the entire game, I think rude makes a good point about Roberson's height...because other than the way off target deep balls, he didn't really throw to the middle of the field. Roberson has to be shorter than trace and even trace had to often climb the pocket to find clean throwing windows because he couldn't see clearly over the line. Seems certain TQ is playing against Illinois. It'll be interesting to see what MY can do to make things easier on him.

I think everything we saw is fixable.

I don't think we know if that is fixable, at least in the next week or so. Coaches can teach players what to do but it's not easy to get inside their heads. It often takes time for these kids to be able to slow the game down in their head.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT