ADVERTISEMENT

Film Study - Inside The Drive vs. Purdue

CaliLION79

Sep 27, 2020
PSU game-winning drive film study

See Link. Really felt this was the first time where Yurcich's use of tempo was an ABSOLUTE WEAPON instead of just a facet of the offense. It's funny, after the Warren reception, I was yelling at the tv "slow down, slow down, work the clock" but in hindsight Yurcich was totally in the right to keep his foot to the floor and gun it since Purdue was so discombobulated. Not sure what it says about Clifford that he seems to be at his best when he's not given time to think and process lol.

I thought our receivers did a better job catching in the up tempo offense when they weren't thinking as much. Just my op.

Reactions: CaliLION79
Omari Evans in on the TD is something I didn't notice live.

The 2nd and 2 throwaway was open for 1 second. Definitely a great decision to dirt it.

No drops was huge.

On that drive they finally took what the defense was giving them which was short throws, and Clifford hit RBs as well which has been missing for a long time. Getting to the backs one on one with LBs and gaining 4 and 5 yards will help an ailing running attack and would have forced the LBs to cover more in space opening up throwing lanes.

I completely agree with you that Yurcich's use of tempo in the game against Purdue was impressive. It was interesting to see how he turned it into an absolute weapon rather than just a facet of the offense. I also found myself yelling at the TV to slow down after the Warren reception, but in hindsight, Yurcich made the right call to keep pushing since Purdue was struggling to keep up. On another note, have you guys heard of the https://www.praguefilminstitute.cz? It's a film school in Prague founded by filmmakers and I think it's worth checking out. I've been considering applying there myself.

Last edited:
Reactions: royboy
So how much did this drive play in Green Bay’s brain trust in drafting him in the fifth? This looked like a classic pro two minute series and showed Clifford’s composure and abilities.

This along with the Rose Bowl shows his potential. Will he realize that potential?

ADVERTISEMENT