ADVERTISEMENT

Feelings on Derrick Davis commit announcement tomorrow (11/7)

You aren't new. Its always been like that and besides would you rather rehash more of the OSU game?
And you can play "hall monitor" but....spoiler alert. No one gives a shit.
It's way, way worse than it used to be. No way it's always been near this bad during football season. Not even close.

Reactions: TheGLOV and Madsol
This guy is a big-timer, top 100 national player, right here in PA and announcing tomorrow (11/7). Do not see much talk a bout it one way or the other...... Gut feelings???

IMO, this is a guy we HAVE to get. Same high school from where Terry Smith coached. Terry Smith still has a ton of ties to Gateway. And I believe Terry Smith has been recruiting him since he's been in like 9th grade. To have another school (IE - Ohio St) come in and steal him away would not be good.
This guy is a big-timer, top 100 national player, right here in PA and announcing tomorrow (11/7). Do not see much talk a bout it one way or the other...... Gut feelings???

IMO, this is a guy we HAVE to get. Same high school from where Terry Smith coached. Terry Smith still has a ton of ties to Gateway. And I believe Terry Smith has been recruiting him since he's been in like 9th grade. To have another school (IE - Ohio St) come in and steal him away would not be good.
8 goes to 8

Reactions: TheGLOV
It's way, way worse than it used to be. No way it's always been near this bad during football season. Not even close.

I agree. I attribute it to the overall wackiness of this entire season and the fact that at 0-2 we are essentially eliminated from competing for a championship. Takes an awful lot of the wind out of the sales. At least for me.

I love food myself. There are actually sites to discuss restaurants and food. Message board sites for "foodies". I visit one myself. When I visit a "foodie" message board site, or a site that specializes in local dining places, I do not start a discussion about college football / college football recruiting.

This isn’t really an ‘insider’ board and BWI doesn’t pump out as much ‘free’ content as TOS. So, you get more random posts. There is a lot of recruiting talk in the recruiting threads though.

You aren't new. Its always been like that and besides would you rather rehash more of the OSU game?
And you can play "hall monitor" but....spoiler alert. No one gives a shit.

I think ILLINOISLION should be hall monitor. It might just be enough more on his resume to push him over the top and become a BWI monitor, you know the "Big Leagues".

I was on the LSU campus mid 80's and I swear there were alligators in their campus pond . It was a very cool place and I had a great time
Well they have a Tiger outside the stadium, why not gators in the campus pond.

I got laid at LSU a half a dozen times at an Arts Festival there in the 60s. It was a nice week but not all that damn great. Got laid more at State even when there was no Arts Festival going on. We are....!!!
Don’t brag, if you couldn’t get laid at an art festival in the 60s, you probably couldn’t get laid anywhere. Now if you told me that you got laid at one of those women’s empowerment seminars, then I’d be impressed. I never had any success at those things.

Unfortunately the CBs/FutureCasts have started to move to LSU this morning. On to the next recruit.

Unfortunately the CBs/FutureCasts have started to move to LSU this morning. On to the next recruit.
If this trend holds, this is exactly what people are taking about when they say recruiting is slipping...this is a huge position of need, with PSU ties (TSmith), and be of the few top players in PA.

Reactions: ChandlerPearce
If this trend holds, this is exactly what people are taking about when they say recruiting is slipping...this is a huge position of need, with PSU ties (TSmith), and be of the few top players in PA.

Yea I don’t understand but it is clear that Davis is throwing away four years of relationship building with the PSU and OSU staffs in favor of a staff that he has NOT met in person and a staff that only started recruiting him back in the Spring. I have never heard one person comment that LSUs academics are good. Work colleagues of mine who went to Texas, Alabama, Mississippi, Georgia, Florida, describe LSU similar to the way we describe West Virginia...a derelict school, party school, and a lackey school. Which is shocking because Davis’ Mom is a teacher.

Last edited:
A school he didnt visit until last week and barely talked to prior. Little fishy if you ask me.

Orgeron is one of the dirtiest in the business. People fall for his folksy and fun-loving demeanor, but the dude has an established track record of filth.

But ignoring that for a moment.......LSU is definitely appealing to DBs. As appealing as any program in the country. They already have the top safety in the country netted for 2021, so adding Davis will make them lethal.

Either way, these are the kinds of recruitments this staff has to find a way to win if they ever wish to take that next step.

Reactions: grinagrin
Let’s see who the kid picks, but LSU has had success putting Safeties in the NFL recently. Jamal Adams comes to mind as do other CBs.

It’s not a shocking pick in my mind.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT