ADVERTISEMENT

fcOT At least 1 NFL team plotting to make a run at Jim Harbaugh now that recruiting

Jim's home to stay. He loves his alma mater and won't be going anywhere although many will wish he would have left after he makes his championship runs in the next few years. Keep in mind, this is his 5th recruiting class (1st in BIG ratings) and next year's roster will consist of only Harbaugh recruits.

First for now. When Penn State finishes this class, they will be rated higher than UM with fewer recruits.

Jim's home to stay. He loves his alma mater and won't be going anywhere although many will wish he would have left after he makes his championship runs in the next few years. Keep in mind, this is his 5th recruiting class (1st in BIG ratings) and next year's roster will consist of only Harbaugh recruits.

Money talks.

Memory refresher from December 9, 2018:
"This is a choreographed message that comes up at this time every year before signing day," Harbaugh told ESPN this weekend. "It's people spreading messages to further their own personal agenda.

"But I'm on record right here, right now: I'm not going anywhere. I'm staying at Michigan. We have big plans here, and there's a lot we want to accomplish."

Harbaugh said he has spent the past week recruiting in multiple states and has not spoken to any NFL teams. But he is aware of the speculation connecting him to NFL teams, as has been the case during each of his four years at Michigan.

"I can't be any more clear about this -- it's not true," Harbaugh said. "I'm not going anywhere."

Well that’s gotta a be a relief.

“I love Stanford, I’m only talking Stanford, and I will be at Stanford. God willing.”

“No, only interested in the one I have. And not going to talk about any other job but my own.”

“I will be at Stanford. Stopping it right there.”

14 months later he was the head coach of the 49ers.

Reactions: anon_xdc8rmuek44eq
Well that’s gotta a be a relief.

“I love Stanford, I’m only talking Stanford, and I will be at Stanford. God willing.”

“No, only interested in the one I have. And not going to talk about any other job but my own.”

“I will be at Stanford. Stopping it right there.”

14 months later he was the head coach of the 49ers.
Coaches jump ship all the time. Harbaugh was 100% Stanford until he wasn’t; Franklin was 100% Vandy until he wasn’t. I take Harbaugh at his word that he isn’t leaving right now anyway and it’s certainly a stronger statement than what I saw from Franklin just refusing to talk about it (and apologies if I missed a follow-up from him). But the poster I was responding to said s/he hadn’t seen an emphatic statement from Harbaugh; in fact he made one just a couple weeks ago.

Reactions: wbcincy and LionJim
Coaches jump ship all the time. Harbaugh was 100% Stanford until he wasn’t; Franklin was 100% Vandy until he wasn’t. I take Harbaugh at his word that he isn’t leaving right now anyway and it’s certainly a stronger statement than what I saw from Franklin just refusing to talk about it (and apologies if I missed a follow-up from him). But the poster I was responding to said s/he hadn’t seen an emphatic statement from Harbaugh; in fact he made one just a couple weeks ago.

Yeah that was me. Thanks, I did not see that statement from Harbaugh.

Reactions: Anison
If the Packers come a calling he is gone. Never believe what any coach says and I don't care how emphatic they are. Does anyone think a strange bird like Harbaugh cares if he lies 100 times over.

If the Packers come a calling he is gone. Never believe what any coach says and I don't care how emphatic they are. Does anyone think a strange bird like Harbaugh cares if he lies 100 times over.

“I don’t eat chicken, it’s a nervous bird.”

Reactions: Anison
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT