ADVERTISEMENT

FC: Wow - Disney releases slate of upcoming Star Wars/Marvel projects....

Even the internet challenged, me, can cut the cable cord. I am spending far less than I did and not missing anything I want to see.

I see they are going with the Netflix model of quantity over quality. I'd rather have 1-2 great shows or movies than 20 mediocre ones. For example, of all the Star Wars films that came out over the last 5-6 years only Rogue 1 stands out as memorable.
I actually I think it’s the opposite of the Netflix strategy. Disney is banking on known properties and launching series off of there rather than Netflix who throws a whole bunch of stuff out there that you’ve never heard of before. Most of it is crap and cheap, just to see if anything sticks. We have no idea if any of the Disney stuff is any good but people want want to watch it just because they are based off of other popular things.

I think the Mando character is cool but the story lines are too formulaic and I'm sick of all the shooting
pulp.jpg

Yeah - love Mando. Great show.

What do you mean? Says this Ms. Marvel is an original ‘show’; so, a new platform for this version of the character.

"Ms. Marvel, a newer character to Marvel comics has grabbed the world's imagination " It is badly worded that some people might think Ms. Marvel is a relatively new character when she is not. Ms. Marvel featuring the latest Ms. Marvel (Kamala Kahn) that has grabbed the world's imagination would have been a better tweet.

Reactions: anon_xdc8rmuek44eq
I binged the Mandalorian for the last few weeks and while I don't dislike it, sadly I'm not in love with it. I think the Mando character is cool but the story lines are too formulaic and I'm sick of all the shooting. FWIW, I have the same beef with every superhero show/movie.

"Do you have to shoot up and blow up EVERYTHING to save the Universe?"

Yes. Yes they do.

That aside, it's very low stakes TV. Never feels like anyone is in any real danger. Also, we need more Grogu in our lives...

giphy.gif

Reactions: Nittany Ned2
"Ms. Marvel, a newer character to Marvel comics has grabbed the world's imagination " It is badly worded that some people might think Ms. Marvel is a relatively new character when she is not. Ms. Marvel featuring the latest Ms. Marvel (Kamala Kahn) that has grabbed the world's imagination would have been a better tweet.

Ah - yeah; that's confusing.

It has begun----> Going up to $8.99/month starting in March. I'm locked in for two years, but I'm sure they will try to make it worth your while to bundle with Hulu/ESPN+ even more going forward.

I just signed up for the Hulu/Disney+/ESPN+ bundle for $12.99/mo, seems like a good deal.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT