ADVERTISEMENT

FC: The Nittany Lion in a commercial.

BobPSU92

May 6, 2015
I just saw the following commercial during tonight's Monday Night Football broadcast. The Nittany Lion is included. On the one hand, this could be interpreted as Penn State being back in the national picture. Additionally, I think it's a sign that Penn State Football is no longer "toxic" (which was always bullshit but was still the view).

I just saw the following commercial during tonight's Monday Night Football broadcast. The Nittany Lion is included. On the one hand, this could be interpreted as Penn State being back in the national picture. Additionally, I think it's a sign that Penn State Football is no longer "toxic" (which was always bullshit but was still the view).

So I'd be willing to bet the Nittany Lion being included in this commercial has a lot to do with former Nittany Lion Bill Emerson being named CEO of Quicken Loans in February of 2017. My company falls under the Quicken Loans Family of Companys (QLFC) so I've actually had the opportunity interact with Bill & Dan Gilbert when he spoke at "JumpStart" which is a new hire orientation that includes all the QLFC companies new hires' gathered in Detroit for a day long seminar.

It's ALL about "taking care of the little things, so the big things take care of themselves." & "Believing deep down inside yourself that you're destined to do great things." etc etc.. I took some notes while I was there, and it's incredible how much of it falls into "The Grand Experiment".

Emerson does a large portion of the culture piece at JumpStart, which in itself is pretty awesome considering all he has on his plate, and during the one I attended in the Spring of 2017, Dan Gilbert, (founder of Quicken Loans) called out Joe Paterno and Bill Emerson for winning the college football national title in '82. Couldn't help but tweet at them both, to which they both liked it. Which I thought was pretty cool.

Anyways when I heard Quicken Loans was investing heavily in their 2016-2017 marketing campaigns for Rocket Mortgage, and Rocket Loans... I wasn't surprised to see the Nittany Lion included when he had been left out in other commercials that were similar. I'd bet the farm that this happened because of a direct request from Bill himself. He's a proud Penn Stater through and through... which might be why Dan Gilbert called out JoePa in March of this year. (probably when they were shooting those commercials)

Anyone else know of anything about Bill Emerson? Id love to hear others experience with him if they've crossed paths.

So I'd be willing to bet the Nittany Lion being included in this commercial has a lot to do with former Nittany Lion Bill Emerson being named CEO of Quicken Loans in February of 2017. My company falls under the Quicken Loans Family of Companys (QLFC) so I've actually had the opportunity interact with Bill & Dan Gilbert when he spoke at "JumpStart" which is a new hire orientation that includes all the QLFC companies new hires' gathered in Detroit for a day long seminar.

It's ALL about "taking care of the little things, so the big things take care of themselves." & "Believing deep down inside yourself that you're destined to do great things." etc etc.. I took some notes while I was there, and it's incredible how much of it falls into "The Grand Experiment".

Emerson does a large portion of the culture piece at JumpStart, which in itself is pretty awesome considering all he has on his plate, and during the one I attended in the Spring of 2017, Dan Gilbert, (founder of Quicken Loans) called out Joe Paterno and Bill Emerson for winning the college football national title in '82. Couldn't help but tweet at them both, to which they both liked it. Which I thought was pretty cool.

Anyways when I heard Quicken Loans was investing heavily in their 2016-2017 marketing campaigns for Rocket Mortgage, and Rocket Loans... I wasn't surprised to see the Nittany Lion included when he had been left out in other commercials that were similar. I'd bet the farm that this happened because of a direct request from Bill himself. He's a proud Penn Stater through and through... which might be why Dan Gilbert called out JoePa in March of this year. (probably when they were shooting those commercials)

Anyone else know of anything about Bill Emerson? Id love to hear others experience with him if they've crossed paths.

Quicken loans is one of the Corporate Partners with Penn State. See
http://www.gopsusports.com/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/021116aab.html

Reactions: T J
Quicken loans is one of the Corporate Partners with Penn State. See
http://www.gopsusports.com/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/021116aab.html

That actually makes a lot of sense. I've experienced both Quicken Loans & Penn State's cultures first hand and they're both very similar. These are Quicken's 19 core values, otherwise known as "ISMs".

1. Always raising our level of awareness.
  2. The inches we need are everywhere around us.
  3. Responding with a sense of urgency is the ante to play.
  4. Every client. Every time. No exceptions. No excuses
  5. Obsessed with finding a better way.
  6. Yes before no.
  7. Ignore the noise.
  8. It's not about who is right; it's about what is right.
  9. We are the "They"
  10. Take the roast out of the oven
  11. You'll see it when you believe it.
  12. We'll figure it out.
  13. Every second counts.
  14. Numbers and money follow; they do not lead.
  15. A penny saved is a penny.
  16. We eat our own dog food.
  17. Simplicity is genius.
  18. Innovation is rewarded. Execution is worshipped.
  19. Do the right thing.

Reactions: FHSPSU67
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT