ADVERTISEMENT

FC: Scrapple lovers

mr._yuk.gif

yuck.jpg
Tried it once myself. Thought I was gonna die.

Reactions: mn78psu83
Just sayin', ok...Penn State scrapple from the meat lab is excellent, nay I say the best I ever had. I don't bitch and moan about PSU as much as I used to and I do continue to hate giving them a penny but go to the meat lab (across from the east stands) on Fridays while school is in session and buy meat. Do yourself a favor.

I bought Delmonicos and London Broils there, very cheap and also among the best I ever cooked. Ham shanks and scrapple as well. Bacon too. Support the kids? OK I'll support the kids. Support my meat sweats and we'll call it even. Home game Fridays are crazy there. Go early.

Just sayin', ok...Penn State scrapple from the meat lab is excellent, nay I say the best I ever had. I don't bitch and moan about PSU as much as I used to and I do continue to hate giving them a penny but go to the meat lab (across from the east stands) on Fridays while school is in session and buy meat. Do yourself a favor.

I bought Delmonicos and London Broils there, very cheap and also among the best I ever cooked. Ham shanks and scrapple as well. Bacon too. Support the kids? OK I'll support the kids. Support my meat sweats and we'll call it even. Home game Fridays are crazy there. Go early.
I made a ham from there today. It was very good. I've had ny strip, bacon, beef sticks, salame, eggs, beef ribs and scrapple. Everything has been first rate, although I prefer the two scrapple sources I listed before

What do you guys think is in scrapple these days... and what makes you think that?
scraps and fat- if somebody threw it on a plate you wouldn't eat it- why does mixing it up with flour and mashing it into a loaf make it any more palatable?

Tried it once myself. Thought I was gonna die.
I understand the MATH guys prefer Livermush over scrapple.

Livermush (or Liver Mush or Liver Pudding) is a Southern United States foodstuff composed of pig liver, head parts, and cornmeal. ... Considered a more tolerable version of scrapple, livermush was most likely brought south through the Appalachian mountains by German settlers from Philadelphia.
Scrapple vs. Liver Pudding? - General Discussion - Scrapple - ...

I understand the MATH guys prefer Livermush over scrapple.

Livermush (or Liver Mush or Liver Pudding) is a Southern United States foodstuff composed of pig liver, head parts, and cornmeal. ... Considered a more tolerable version of scrapple, livermush was most likely brought south through the Appalachian mountains by German settlers from Philadelphia.
Scrapple vs. Liver Pudding? - General Discussion - Scrapple - ...
Never had liver pudding. Sounds scrumptious.

Reactions: step.eng69
I think you can put scrapple in a group of gross foods like head cheese, souse, guacamole, blood tongue, chitterlings, pigs feet, and hog balls. You've got to be nuts to eat garbage.

For you scrapple fans, try a special club sandwich triple decker of head cheese, scrapple, tongue, souse, Limburger cheese and guacamole.

I think you can put scrapple in a group of gross foods like head cheese, souse, guacamole, blood tongue, chitterlings, pigs feet, and hog balls. You've got to be nuts to eat garbage.

For you scrapple fans, try a special club sandwich triple decker of head cheese, scrapple, tongue, souse, Limburger cheese and guacamole.
Thanks! Think I'll give it a try. :D

Reactions: WDLion
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT